Home General Discussion

Gran Habano Vintage (2002)

Anyone tried these ? They are GREAT. So much Chocolate !

Comments

• txjayhawktxjayhawk Posts: 311
    i have been meaning to try them. every time i go to buy from c.com i forget about them...you think it is worth buying a bundle? I have room ample room just not ample cash!
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    This is on my must try list. Just never seem to fit a bundle of 20 in.
    fla-gypsy:
    Maybe we could split a bundle if your up for it some time.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Man I've really wanted to try these... now I'll have to.

• jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My brother in law gave me one a few months ago. I lit it up and never had so much smoke from a cigar. The thing was awesome. Then he tells me how cheap they are. I would have paid much more. All around great cigars and excellent prices. Look for the Azteca coming out soon. It is their maduro and I can't wait to try it.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    pm sent
    dennisking:
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    pm sent
    Back at ya.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    and back at ya as well.
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    PM sent
  • The CankThe Cank Posts: 799
    Yes I would definitely get a bundle , well worth it
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    At that price point these little guys are really tempting me...

Lately I've been trying to find a mild-med smoke to stock up on but I find myself to always just be buying more fuller bodied sticks. When will I learn!
  • bama3715bama3715 Posts: 89
    Im glad to hear they are good, i just picked one up in my last bundle order.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    txjayhawk:
    dennisking:
    txjayhawk:
    fla-gypsy:
    pm sent
    Back at ya.
    Looks like my brother beat me to it. LOL. No worries, I will jump on some soon.
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just ordered my 4th bundle of these, was reluctant due to the low price, but thought: "hey, they didn't dress these up this well not expecting them to be good", turned out to be outstanding! I have kind of wondered why no one else was commenting on them, I'm thinking from the write-ups that there may be a limited supply, so I've been ordering a bundle whenever a daily-deal that I can't pass up comes along. Very very nice cigars, tried the 3 Siglos, also pretty impressive.
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    jsnake:
    My brother in law gave me one a few months ago. I lit it up and never had so much smoke from a cigar. The thing was awesome. Then he tells me how cheap they are. I would have paid much more. All around great cigars and excellent prices. Look for the Azteca coming out soon. It is their maduro and I can't wait to try it.

Oh boy...Never had the 2002, but keep the Corojo around. That's a pretty good smoke (IMHO) and also a good price point. If these Aztecas are similar price, I'll give them a run.
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Got a few of these in recently, I have to agree with the first post, man the coco taste in these are great. Nice burn and draw.
  • bluezulubluezulu Posts: 136 ✭✭✭
    Still no disappointment in these sticks. They are good. Tossed a Cohiba Red dot and then lit one of these to satisfy....well satisfied.
  • KingoftheCoveKingoftheCove Posts: 937 ✭✭✭
    Last summer I asked about "the best $2 stick", and the GH 2002 got glowing reviews from several botl here - so I bought a mazo
    They are pretty good rott, but do much better at 3 months.
    After 6 months, they are one of the best $2 cigars you'll find (often even less!), not overly complex at all, but as noted by the op, nice chocolaty flavor with hints of coffee now and again.
    Tons of smoke, and when aged a bit, very smooth and rich smoke that you literally can't feel on retrohale.
    I always keep at least 30 on hand.
    Sometimes I have a hard time deciding what to smoke - guess what? - GH 2002 time!

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I can never get these to burn worth a damn, even with dry boxing.
    bigharpoon:
    All from the same mazo?
    Or just in general, from several different batches?
    They do benefit from a dry box visit, and I have had a few that didn't burn well - and all of those were a bit soft to the feel (spongy, but not necessarily too wet - just poorly rolled I suppose)
  • ndhaon91ndhaon91 Posts: 441
    bigharpoon:

Do you have the robustos or churchills? The churchills are notoriously fire proof.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I've only tried the robustos. Some of them I can retrohale on the whole mouthful, others have a bit of spice. Either way, this is one of those cigars I feel comfortable handing out to newbies knowing that they won't die from or get bored by it.

That reminds me, I think I have less than 5 remaining! I've found that they are pretty damn cheap on the sprint!
  • tincup703tincup703 Posts: 58
    I usually smoke one every day with my first cup of coffee and allways keep a mazo of them resting in the humidor.
  • scarlinscarlin Posts: 1,592
    These are perhaps the best bargain handmade cigar known to man. Always a solid stick especially for newbies.
  • kingdavid5kingdavid5 Posts: 293
    I'm thinking I may have to grab some they have the 10 packs for 20$ u can't go wrong with that price at all
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    ndhaon91:
    bigharpoon:
    Do you have the robustos or churchills? The churchills are notoriously fire proof.
    Robustos. I heard too many bad things about the Churchills to even give them a try, I have a hard enough time with the robustos. I've tried many times from many different batches. I really wanted to like this cigar but I just can't seem to get the wrapper to stay lit without tons of effort and endless touch-ups.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Great stick with burn problems. Keep them in a dry box. Oily wrapper. Hmmm
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Definately a favorite!
  • taythegibstaythegibs Posts: 2,025
    a little off topic but in my reading about this cigar the Brocatus Churchill seems to get brought up a fair bit, are they as good as (or even similar to) the Gran Habano Vintage (2002)?
    taythegibs:
    a little off topic but in my reading about this cigar the Brocatus Churchill seems to get brought up a fair bit, are they as good as (or even similar to) the Gran Habano Vintage (2002)?
    I have had one Brocatus......I won't be having another...... (made it barely to half way)
    Not in the same league as the GH 2002.