Home Pipes

What is in your pipe?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah, a basket pipe, looks pretty good. I have the VRC (Vanilla Roll Cake) but haven't tried the Vanilla Cream. The VRC is not my favorite, a little heavy on the vanilla I guess, so I was wondering how they compare. I think the VRC adds some DFK (Dark Fired Kentucky) to to the mix, and it's pressed and sliced into coins.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

4 days without a post here? Hmmm.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

My fault, only smoked on the way down on Sunday and only brought my car pipe and some 1792 but I loaded up on cigars for my stay in SoCal.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Hobbes86Hobbes86 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sutliff Black Raspberry

"Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another." - Proverbs 27:17

Peter Stokkebye Pistachio

• TXCigar12TXCigar12 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sutliff cinnamon delight.

C and D Dark Cherry Cavendish

@TXCigar12 said:

Is it any good? Not dry-begging, just might order some.

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,025 ✭✭✭✭✭

Expert level^

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:
    Some more of the Stokkebye Pistachio.

I love pistachios, so if course this got my attention. A guy at the smoke shop said they don't carry it, and he thinks it is very bitter on the tongue. I don't know this guy from Adam and even though we haven't met, I trust your opinion over a guy that didn't carry what I was looking for.
    What say YOU?

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5
  • TXCigar12TXCigar12 Posts: 382 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL - I really like it, but then again, only been into pipes for a couple of months so still trying to figure things out. That, Blood Red Moon, Early Morning Pipe and Carter Hall are my early favorites. Sorry not much help.

@Diver43 said:
    I love pistachios, so if course this got my attention. A guy at the smoke shop said they don't carry it, and he thinks it is very bitter on the tongue. I don't know this guy from Adam and even though we haven't met, I trust your opinion over a guy that didn't carry what I was looking for.
    What say YOU?

Not bitter at all. The pistachio is noticeable, but not overwhelming.

@TXCigar12 said:
    @ShawnOL - I really like it, but then again, only been into pipes for a couple of months so still trying to figure things out. That, Blood Red Moon, Early Morning Pipe and Carter Hall are my early favorites. Sorry not much help.

Thanks for the input.

• Diver43Diver43 Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hobbes86 said:

@Diver43 said:
    What say YOU?

Not bitter at all. The pistachio is noticeable, but not overwhelming.

Thanks, I had a feeling he was just trying to get me to buy something he had instead of what I was looking for

Logistics cannot win a war, but its absence or inadequacy can cause defeat. FM100-5