Home Non Cigar Related
Options

What stupid day is it today?

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,295 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy π Day! We are celebrating with a banana creme pie.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,470 ✭✭✭✭✭

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    edited March 15

While it is the idea of Match, (wrong, spell check) Ides of March, I prefer to celebrate Buzzards Day

"HISTORY OF BUZZARDS DAY
    In 1957, a patrolman for Cleveland Metroparks named Walter Nawalaniec informed Robert Bordner of the Cleveland Press and local historian, Miss Eunice Morton of Richfield, that he had observed that the buzzards returned each year after their migration on the same day every year. Though he knew that the buzzards returned at the same time, he was thrilled to note that they returned on the same calendar date every year. This was also true during a leap year.

That year, it was recorded that almost 9,000 visitors came to see the birds return from their expedition. Since then, every year, Ohio receives thousands of bird lovers who visit to witness the return of the buzzards and, thus, Buzzards Day was created. The Chamber of Commerce decided to welcome these birds in a special way. A traditional American breakfast of sausages and pancakes was made to welcome the birds and Spring’s coming. Since then, Buzzards Day has been celebrated by enjoying pancakes and sausages for breakfast."

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ah yes, when the buzzards return to Hinckleyville Ohio. I think there's a song, or maybe that was just Garrison Keillor being goofy.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

When I was in high school we used to go down to Whipps Ledges to see the buzzards. At the time there were caves to explore and to drink beer in. One summer a kid got stuck in a tight crevasse. Me and a few friends were there and we pulled the kid out by his feet. I think after that the caves were blocked.

• Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Happy St Patrick’s day

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's Monday. Again. Sigh.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options

March 18 is National Act Happy Day, an opportunity for curmudgeons to be more rankled than usual.

• Options
    edited March 18

@silvermouse said:
    March 18 is National Act Happy Day, an opportunity for curmudgeons to be more rankled than usual.

The wannabe curmudgeons will LOL this. Only the 'genuines' will hit the awesome button.

Then, we'll make sure anyone participating in this special day will have to work harder to be happy.

• Options
    CommanderDuke1_CommanderDuke1_ Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 23

@silvermouse said:
    Happy Bomb Bob__Luken Day!!!

Just about missed it circa March '22' @Bob_Luken

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,830 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apple was founded 48 years ago today on April 1st 1976 and Gmail was released 20 years ago today on April 1st 2004.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    GuitardedGuitarded Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

This was one of the best April fools day bits. Ever!

Friends don't let good friends smoke cheap cigars.
  • Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    When I was in high school we used to go down to Whipps Ledges to see the buzzards. At the time there were caves to explore and to drink beer in. One summer a kid got stuck in a tight crevasse. Me and a few friends were there and we pulled the kid out by his feet. I think after that the caves were blocked.

They saved you from the caves then shipped your ass to Vietnam.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeh, I was looking for adventure and a rite of passage, boy to man. I sure found it.

• Options
  • Options
  • Options
    edited April 5
  • Options
    CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,174 ✭✭✭✭✭

National Beer Day 🍻

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

National Day Before the Big Eclipse Day.

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    National Beer Day 🍻

• Options

It's National Marketing Operations Appreciation Day, and it's L&L Blind Smoke day.

• Options

@Yakster said:
    It's National Marketing Operations Appreciation Day, and it's L&L Blind Smoke day.

Maybe that's why we have a new person trying to sell us cigars?

• Options

DoYouRemember Mister Bill? | Instagram