Post Every Boring Aspect Of Your Mundane Life Thread

1200201202203204206»

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,296 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lyrid meteor shower, reaches its peak Sunday night into Monday morning

• Options
    TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ugh, gotta find a way to ride the bikes more through the colder months. We have a 15 mile fundraiser ride next Saturday morning, and I am not ready for it. I have ridden twice this Spring, only about 20 miles total, and I am out of shape. Haven't ridden since late October. I need to purchase some cold-weather gear, ride longer in the Fall, start earlier in the Spring, and take advantage of the decent days in Winter. Also need to be more consistent in the gym through Winter. Family and work situations have drained me, and I've become lax. Again, Ugh.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

You're welcome.

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

turkey vultures arrived here yesterday

• Options

Thanks!

• Options

@dirtdude said:

You're welcome.

I don't think I'll be needing those!

• Options

Opened the garage door to pull in after work today, and there is flowing water all over the floor. I figure it's either the water-softener in the corner of the garage, or the pressure tank under the stair landing. I think to myself, no, it cant be the pressure tank, it blew out a fitting less than 2 years ago, spraying water all over the place for a few hours. But yes, I opened the closet door under the stairs, and sure enough, a stream of water is spraying 4' out of the bottom of the pressure switch. For cryin' out loud! The diaphragm cover blew a hole right through the side of the hex-shaped threaded fitting. How does that happen at only 50 psi?

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe you got a surge of pressure, do you have a pressure regulator on the incoming water supply?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    edited April 23

I have a well, not public water, and the pressure is always pretty low. It looks like the inside of the fitting is corroded. We have acidic water, but also a treatment system to neutralize acid.

Edit: but, now that I think about it, the water coming into the tank is pre-neutralized, so there may be the answer.

• Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,461 ✭✭✭✭✭

@TRayB said:
    Thinking about this more, the fittings at the line coming into the tank are brass, but the pressure switch is galvanized steel, which is probably creating a galvanic reaction between the dissimilar metals, exacerbated by the acidic water. I need to add a dielectric union between the brass and steel, otherwise the same thing will happen in a few years.

My well water is hell on copper and galvanized. I had a water driven AC unit, twice. Not anymore. Good luck.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,837 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Internet went down this afternoon, a local outage affecting <501 users, so I plugged in my DVD player and put in Oh Brother Where Art Thou to watch but the DVD player died after I put the disc in.

I fired up the PS4 to play a different DVD, now that OBWAT is a prisoner of my dead DVD player but the PS4 booted up with a mass storage error and the controllers weren't paired so I gave that up.

So, I'm streaming Radio Paradise from my phone to the soundbar for entertainment while I wait for the network to be restored.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    11thGenSoutherner11thGenSoutherner Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Robbie does actually smoke. Caught him on the vHerf. Happy birthday buddy @RobbyCruz

• Options

And off to our first bike ride event of the year, Bikes '& Beers at Troegs in Herhsey, PA. 18 miles.

https://bikesignup.com/bikesandbeers-hershey

• Options
    First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brad point drill bits cut pretty clean.

• Options
    peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 15,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

@First_Warrior said:
    Brad point drill bits cut pretty clean.

And they make it easy to center the smaller hole for the screw's shank.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Options
    IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.

• Options

Wishing you smooth sailing.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go get em.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.