Home Non Cigar Related
Options

The useless information thread

191011121315»

Comments

• Options
    silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 19,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

“You’d get some people angry if you grew potatoes in Neil Armstrong’s poo.”
    Biologist Kelly Weinersmith, co-author of a book on human settlements in space, explains that the bags of waste left behind on the Moon would make good fertilizer for lunar soil — if NASA didn’t regard them as heritage. (Nature Podcast | 38 min listen)

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-024-01158-6

• Options

"About one-third of Americans under 30 regularly get their news from it." (TikTok)

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

@silvermouse said:
    "About one-third of Americans under 30 regularly get their news from it." (TikTok)

Doesn't surprise me.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.

• Options
    YaksterYakster Posts: 25,864 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a 1:20 scale replica of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, TN.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Options
    Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

I'll send you a picture, once the Fish Fry is over. Too many people there this week.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Not picking on you necessarily but, There’s a lot of useful information being posted in this thread lately.

• Options
    Bob_LukenBob_Luken Posts: 10,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope this is not useful, because of my last post but I’ll let you all be the judge of it.

Turned on the television and first thing I see is this. I didn’t know this but he’s “The Cow Guy” and now you know it. I think he and Trump use the same makeup.

• Options
    dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,664 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would rate that 'Somewhat useless' @Bob_Luken, the guy might consider stripes, aka the Milwaukee Herf dress code, this time of year

A little dirt never hurt
  • Options

In common speech it is a useless distinction since enough people use these words interchangeably, ok? @Bob_Luken ?

lay is transitive and requires an object to act upon, and lie is intransitive, describing something moving on its own or already in position. Beyond the present tense, the pair can become more confusing because lay is the past tense of lie, and laid is the past tense of lay.

• Options
    ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 8,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

They're too busy making news up for music these days.

Trapped in the People's Communits Republic of Massachusetts.