Home General Discussion

THE NEWBIE WELCOMING THREAD

Comments

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you choose desktop version if iPhone allows that it makes it easier

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@OutdoorsSmoke_21191 said:
    Hit your handle, then upper RH corner wheel, then same upper RH corner edit profile, scroll down to avatar, change/upload.

I tried this, but am on an iphone. No corner wheel; no Avatar option. Is there a trick to navigating the forum?

I am finding the forum extremely hard to navigate. I cannot even find the main page or find the clicky for “my posts.” Any advice appreciated.

Any luck following @Rdp77 suggestions?

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.

• KsqsmokingKsqsmoking Posts: 408 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jrflickster said:
    If you choose desktop version if iPhone allows that it makes it easier

I had the same problem with my iPhone. The only solve for me was to pull up the forum on my laptop.

The obstacle is the way.

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

Switch to android. Problem solved.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

It actually works. I use my phone 99.9% of the time.

• Al_K_LloydAl_K_Lloyd Posts: 48 ✭✭
    edited July 24

When I hit the three lines, this. Which of these lets me upload an avatar? I’ve been through the lot n+1 times. Impasse; frustration.

Changing to my dead desktop or a different os is not an option. Nice meeting you fine folks, but this interface is cruelly indifferent to a class of user.

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson

Go to profile

If you’re on your phone, you’re going to have to enlarge the screen where the three lines are… Just like @Rdp77 said. The damn edit profile is under the three line.

Push above the three lines to access edit profile.

Bingo!

The obstacle is the way.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blow it up so you can get to the thing behind the lines. A tab for “edit profile” will pop up
    Then just scroll down to this..

@Ksqsmoking said:

Bingo!

Awesomeness

Picture tutorial Click on yellow:

The obstacle is the way.

Looks like he got it

Nicotine huh? You a junkie too lol?

If you’re on your phone, you’re going to have to enlarge the screen where the three lines are… Just like @Rdp77 said. The damn edit profile is under the three line.

When I enlarged the living (!) out of it, I found a tiny window that lets me edit. Sorry about initial drama.

There is nothing more helpless and irresponsible than a man in the depths of an ether binge.

Hunter S. Thompson

@Rdp77 said:

Quite the checkered past here in terms of discretionary intoxicants. Retired chemist (expressive shrug.)
    The one I miss is ketamine.

Hunter S. Thompson

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Rdp77 said:

Quite the checkered past here in terms of discretionary intoxicants. Retired chemist (expressive shrug.)

You’ll fit right in

• VisionVision Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

Hit your handle, then upper RH corner wheel, then same upper RH corner edit profile, scroll down to avatar, change/upload.

I tried this, but am on an iphone. No corner wheel; no Avatar option. Is there a trick to navigating the forum?

I am finding the forum extremely hard to navigate. I cannot even find the main page or find the clicky for “my posts.” Any advice appreciated.

Have you tried landscape holding your phone sideways?

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Rdp77 said:

I prefer psilocybin 😵‍💫

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,184 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

When I enlarged the living (!) out of it, I found a tiny window that lets me edit. Sorry about initial drama.

The obstacle is the way.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm glad that things worked out in the end.

I like that the three horizontal lines is known as the hamburger button or menu.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Rdp77 said:

I prefer psilocybin 😵‍💫

I’ve found the classic psychedelics to be too much hard work. I worked down the hall from a talented indole chemist and whipped up a batch of a psilocin derivative that was supposed to be a one-hour quickie. Thirteen hours in, and I was still fighting to keep it together.

Took a half-dose once and it dropped me into several hours of paralytic panic anxiety. Verdict: nope.

I do regret never having come across any real LSD that possessed the trinity: identity, purity, (precise) quantity.

Ketamine, now … it melted reality with a built-in cap on anxiety. To misquote Dr Seuss: Oh the places I could go!

Hunter S. Thompson

• JrflicksterJrflickster Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 24

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Rdp77 said:

I carry ketamine at my shop

Edit:that would make for an interesting herf

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Blast from the past. What brings you by?

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Al_K_Lloyd said:

@Rdp77 said:

I prefer psilocybin 😵‍💫

I’ve found the classic psychedelics to be too much hard work. I worked down the hall from a talented indole chemist and whipped up a batch of a psilocin derivative that was supposed to be a one-hour quickie. Thirteen hours in, and I was still fighting to keep it together.

Took a half-dose once and it dropped me into several hours of paralytic panic anxiety. Verdict: nope.

I do regret never having come across any real LSD that possessed the trinity: identity, purity, (precise) quantity.

Ketamine, now … it melted reality with a built-in cap on anxiety. To misquote Dr Seuss: Oh the places I could go!

Interesting how times have changed. 50 years ago or so we had to drive to Nacogdoches, climb a fence, keep an eye out for the bull, and make sure the stems turned blue. Oh, and there was this guy named Owlsley who'd passed his secrets on...but, that was then. Fond memories that I won't be repeating.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • EchambersEchambers Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Yakster said:

Looking to create a little mayhem. Now where the **** is @0patience? He still doesn't think newbies should bomb him.

-- "There's something that doesn't make sense. Let's go poke it with a stick."
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Echambers said:

@Yakster said:

Looking to create a little mayhem. Now where the **** is @0patience? He still doesn't think newbies should bomb him.

Radio silence. I tried calling him during the Tennessee herf, straight to voicemail. I'm hoping he's OK and just been too busy.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain