Home Non Cigar Related

Fire Extinguishers

StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

How many do you have in your home? If none, why not?

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?

Comments

• YaksterYakster Posts: 27,106 ✭✭✭✭✭

At least five.

Join us on Zoom vHerf (Meeting # 2619860114 Password vHerf2020 )
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 15

Eight in 4 buildings
    Edit...10 in 6 buildings, forgot the pottery studios

• VisionVision Posts: 8,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

Two in the house, one in the shed. A.m.

• VegasFrankVegasFrank Posts: 17,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. One on each floor was required for foster care.
    Disclaimer:  All trolling is provided for the sole entertainment purposes of the author only. Readers may find entertainment and hard core truths, but none are intended. Any resulting damaged feelings or arse chapping of the reader are the sole responsibility of the reader, to include, but not limited to: crying, anger, revenge pørn, and abandonment or deletion of ccom accounts. Offer void in Utah because Utah is terrible.
  • Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

3 in the house. One in the shed. One in each vehicle

• peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

One on each floor and one in the garage. I've ignored them for so long I should see if they need a recharge.

Back when I worked in the factory, they had a company come in once a quarter (I think was the interval) to check all the extinguishers throughout the plant. The guy would tip them upside down and whack them w/ a small hammer to dislodge/distribute the stuff that would settle out. Me and my pal Al would always find something to bang on our metal table - tap, tap, tap - to mock the extinguisher-guy when he came to our department. It was great fun. The guy's only mistake was letting us know it bugged him.

The three units I have, I bought from him, mostly because I trusted his recommendation that only extinguishers that could be recharged were worth owning.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • silvermousesilvermouse Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭✭

a friend had an extinguisher in his trouble-prone car, slammed on the brakes to avoid an accident, the extinguisher went flying and filled the car with powder. He managed to pull the car over before having an accident anyway. Just a reminder to keep the things secured.

I was rooting around in the back of my Explorer at the Strawberry Music Festival near Yosemite (mostly bluegrass) and found the trigger of a fire extinguisher and it went off in my face. I lived.

I guess now I need to play whack-a-mole with my upside-down extinguishers and hope they don't go off on me.

• First_WarriorFirst_Warrior Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭✭✭

8 in 5 buildings. All rechargeable. checked them last year.

• WylaffWylaff Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm terrible and don't own one. The fire department is literally in my backyard though... I need to go buy one...

"Cooking isn't about struggling; It's about pleasure. It's like sǝx, with a wider variety of sauces."

At any given time the urge to sing "In The Jungle" is just a whim away... A whim away... A whim away...
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wylaff said:
    I'm terrible and don't own one. The fire department is literally in my backyard though... I need to go buy one...

Get two!

• ShawnOLShawnOL Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never had one. Should probably get one. Just too lazy.

Trapped in the People's Communist Republic of Massachusetts.

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShawnOL said:
    Never had one. Should probably get one. Just too lazy.

🤨😮‍💨

• genareddoggenareddog Posts: 4,163 ✭✭✭✭✭

Guess I need to replace ours we have had for a few years

• Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

One in the house, one in the shop, one in the RV. Probably all need replacing. Or maybe I can just whack them with a little hammer?

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain

• dirtdudedirtdude Posts: 5,791 ✭✭✭✭✭

None.

A little dirt never hurt
  • CalvinAndHoboCalvinAndHobo Posts: 3,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

4, one in each apartment, but I don’t know how old they are, and I need to get one for the garage. Good reminder.

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've got one in the kitchen and have tested it recently. It passed but I'll probably pick up another one soon as it's pretty old.

• OutdoorsSmoke_21191OutdoorsSmoke_21191 Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭

At any given time at least 10-20. Other than the personal use ones, the others are dedicated to job sites.

A good cigar and whiskey solve most problems.