Home Non Cigar Related

Beer

1888990919294»

Comments

• PatrickbrickPatrickbrick Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭✭✭

9am is a late start, he must have slept in.

"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give".  Winston Churchill.
    MOW badge received.
  • peter4jcpeter4jc Posts: 16,171 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beer... makes you post in the wrong thread... or does it? I'm confused now.

"I could've had a Mi Querida!"   Nick Bardis
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,679 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Stubble said:

Did you like it? I tried it a couple times, but couldn't develop a taste for it. I didn't know it was available in the U.S.

WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Amos_Umwhat said:

@Stubble said:

Did you like it? I tried it a couple times, but couldn't develop a taste for it. I didn't know it was available in the U.S.

It was good. Nice to try something different. The hint of smoke was interesting. I'd get it again.

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • TRayBTRayB Posts: 1,953 ✭✭✭✭✭

@CharlieHeis said:
    By sheer coincidence

JITI (Just-In-Time Imbibement)

13.2%, that's wine level. Having two?

• CharlieHeisCharlieHeis Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mine is a little newer @Stubble. No, I've only got one of those left but this one is 14.6 abv @TRayB

I guess at that ABV, it doesn't spoil quickly, much like wine.

@TRayB said:
    I guess at that ABV, it doesn't spoil quickly, much like wine.

Stouts have a much longer shelf life. I drank a 2014 Bourbon County Stout about year and a half ago and it was fantastic. Not sure if abv has anything to do with it but I've always assumed it was the style of beer. I may have read that somewhere, I am not sure.

India Pale Ales used to make the trip from England to India without refrigeration, and they had a fairly high ABV. I think it has some affect on shelf-life.

• Rdp77Rdp77 Posts: 6,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were bottled and then fermentation took place on the trip. The abv would vary depending on variable temperatures along the trip and other factors. With stouts it’s a combination of the abv and the longer malting process that extends the shelf life.

@TRayB said:
    India Pale Ales used to make the trip from England to India without refrigeration, and they had a fairly high ABV. I think it has some affect on shelf-life.

That's true. They were most likely what classified as an imperial ipa as many of the current ipas have some of the shortest shelf lives. Always wondered about that but not enough to actually research it haha

I recall an imperial ipa that I had a while back that said enjoy fresh or age for up to ten years

• StubbleStubble Posts: 8,751 ✭✭✭✭✭

The eath can't be flat. It would not be spinning if it were...

Hey, you gonna eat the rest of that corndog?
  • IndustMechIndustMech Posts: 4,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

@genareddog said:
    New one for me. Really like it.

Nova Scotia Beer 🍺

I know, You're a big dog and I'm on the list.
    Let's eat, GrandMa.  /  Let's eat GrandMa.  --  Punctuation saves lives

It'll be fine once the swelling goes down.