Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    I have yet to play and would like to give it a shot! I don't know if we are sup to wait or what??? Either way count me in for this one.
  • Options
    betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Gotta wait till I get my sticks, but I'll start building something for you. What are your general tastes?
  • Options
    I like just about anything but I prefer Med to full body.
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Sandman1am:
    I like just about any man, but I prefer a med to full body.
    There, fixed it for you. Now you know his tastes.

ZING!
  • Options
    Shoot me your info, and I'll mail this out midweek.
  • Options
    ChobaChoba Posts: 76
    bump, did you get it?
  • Options
    I did today, and if I get the chance I'll smoke "A" tonight. Not sure if I will, though, but I'll burn them all by wednesday at least.
  • Options
    Nice, enjoy BOTL! I hope the others are also to your liking.
  • Options
    Yeah, I posted in the good traders forum, but dude, the DPGCC is one of my favorite cigars, and the robusto is my favorite size! Perfect! And I have been meaning to try he JJ Maduro.

Alright. Smoked Cigar "A" today. It reminds me of something I've smoked before; sort of a peruvian tobacco flavor with a lot of burn caramel, pepper, and the slightest twist of citrus. I would say this might be a Graycliff 1666? *crosses fingers*

• Options
    Yeah, the DPGs are my favs as well, thought a fellow BOTL would like the same.

Actually Cigar A is a Gurkha, Ltd, Master Select Robusto. It was the first Gurkha I've had and I was hooked.
  • Options
    Ah, that would make sense. I have had this cigar before, but only in the perfecto vitola I believe.
  • Options
    Okay, smoked cigar B tonight, and it was pretty good. Didn't quite have the strength of the camacho, and had a lighter wrapper. If I had to guess, it's a nicaraguan wrapper, honduran filler or something similar. Nice and chewy, tight draw at first but it loosened up. It wasn't by DPG, so all I have left is maybe a Perdomo Habano?
  • Options
    Close...but you "already had the cigar" it was actually a Tatuaje P Series. Good stuff on the Nicaraguan wrapper, and no Honduran, filler is a 60/40 Nic Med and long filler respectively, Try the C and let me know; it's one of my new favs lately.
  • Options
    Man, I was considering buying a few of those and wasn't sure about the cuban sandwich deal, but now I think I'm going to pick some up, really great for the price. I'll smoke cigar C tomorrow and then I'll be sending my package off, with some tag-alongs that are pretty nifty.
  • Options
    Alright, cigar C was amazing, loved it. Looked like a Don Pepin and tasted like one as well. Going with Blue Generosos?
  • Options
    NICE... close, Ambos Mundos No 2
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Choba:
    YUM! Haven't had this one in a while.
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    Yes, never had it, I'm going to pick up a bunch. Alright, Sandman your package goes out monday, sorry for the delay!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    Yes, never had it, I'm going to pick up a bunch. Alright, Sandman your package goes out monday, sorry for the delay!
  • Options
    betasynn:
    TatuajeVI:
    Choba:
    No problem I'm really looking forward to trying out this game.
  • Options
    Just an update, got word that this is in the mail. I'm like a little kid on Christmas eve! Except I can't open even one gift yet.
  • Options
    Mystery package came today along with 4 extra sticks. I will be getting to stick A in a little bit and post my guess.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    This sounds like a fun game
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    This is my favorite game! It's a blast. If you need to set up a trade to get on the good traders list so you can get in on these games let me know. I enjoy trading with new members and getting them started on the passes/games.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    ejenne87:
    Hayblet:
    This is my favorite game! It's a blast. If you need to set up a trade to get on the good traders list so you can get in on these games let me know. I enjoy trading with new members and getting them started on the passes/games.
    Call this a dumb question, but how does one get on this list without having someone go out on a limb for them? ok I think you answered my question but still leaving the post up. edit#2 my only fear is I don't have much to contribute at this point as I am still "building" my collection.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    Hayblet:
    Call this a dumb question, but how does one get on this list without having someone go out on a limb for them? ok I think you answered my question but still leaving the post up. edit#2 my only fear is I don't have much to contribute at this point as I am still "building" my collection.
    No worries brother, we all start out small. My offer will remain open indefinitely, so when you are ready to trade I'll still be willing.
  • Options
    First time ever playing and trying a stick that I have no idea what it is so go easy on me here. Stick A

The construction of this stick was solid. The wrapper was a bit firm and had lots of veins but looked great from the foot all the way to the cap. The cap was flawless IMO. It appeared to be a robusto sized corojo wrapper???

I punched it with ease and it had a fairly tight pre-light draw. This stick took to the lighter well but I did have burn issues that I will contribute to the very windy day. I was able to step inside my sliding glass door near the end and problem solved.

The 1st thrid of the stick had very strong peppery, leather, and earthy flavors with a hint of sweetness. This quickly changed when I got to the 2nd third as this stick mellowed right out. It changed to a slight bread or nut with the pepper still in the back of my nose. The sweetness became more noticable. It did not change much from the 2nd to the end of the stick. But by the end of the stick I was really feeling this one and would say that it was def. a med-to full bodied.

I have either had this stick before or had one very close to it. My guess is going to be The Edge Corojo by Rockey Patel.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    Great Review and Sounded Mighty Tasty. I Love the Mystery Stick Game!
  • Options
    Redtailhawkoz:
    Great Review and Sounded Mighty Tasty. I Love the Mystery Stick Game!
    Thanks Ozzie, it was a great tasting stick. I just wish it wasn't so windy here yesterday & that I knew what it was that I smoked. I really like this game too. I smoke stick B today and will post that in a few. Gotta find my notes on it first.
  • Options
    Sandman1am:
    First time ever playing and trying a stick that I have no idea what it is so go easy on me here. Stick A

The construction of this stick was solid. The wrapper was a bit firm and had lots of veins but looked great from the foot all the way to the cap. The cap was flawless IMO. It appeared to be a robusto sized corojo wrapper???

I punched it with ease and it had a fairly tight pre-light draw. This stick took to the lighter well but I did have burn issues that I will contribute to the very windy day. I was able to step inside my sliding glass door near the end and problem solved.

The 1st thrid of the stick had very strong peppery, leather, and earthy flavors with a hint of sweetness. This quickly changed when I got to the 2nd third as this stick mellowed right out. It changed to a slight bread or nut with the pepper still in the back of my nose. The sweetness became more noticable. It did not change much from the 2nd to the end of the stick. But by the end of the stick I was really feeling this one and would say that it was def. a med-to full bodied.

I have either had this stick before or had one very close to it. My guess is going to be The Edge Corojo by Rockey Patel.
    Interesting choice. Very close, in that you ha the right country of origin and wrapper, but this was a Padilla 1948!