Home Non Cigar Related

Bad day

So, I came home today to find out that my neighbor broke into my house and stole my 67" Samsung LED DLP, 2 saxes, thousands of dollars in cigars, all my blu-ray, my movado, garmin GPS, laptop, fender strat, government blackberry, JBL speaker pair, pair of Oakleys and I'm sure other things are missing. Got most of it back but my alto sax is still gone and my GPS. The TV is a lost cause. Brought it back into the house and everything from the inside came crashing down.

Comments

• ljlljl Posts: 819
    Ugh... That sounds like a horrible day. I hope you're able to sort it all out. I know that some things are personal and getting a new one is not the same. Of course I have to ask: Did you get the stogies back?
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Dang, that's a bummer, I take it you caught the ***, since you know it's a neighbor? You didn't say if you got the cigars back ?? Glad that doesn't happen too often down here in my TX neighborhood, but most of my neiighbors, including me have guns cohabitting with us, and in spite of varying political beliefs, everyone has to admit the chance of getting your *** shot off is a great deterent to burglary? I hope you get it ALL back in original shape or at least your insurance covers you! And I dread to think what your puros are going through in thosse rough uncaring burglar hands.
  • Rob1110Rob1110 Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭
    If you need him to disappear, I might know a guy.....just saying. Sorry to hear, bro. Bad enough to know your stuff was rummaged through and tampered with. Even worse to know who it is and have them destroy some of your prized posessions that you've worked hard for.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    It always sucks when you realize yoiu've been robbed. At least they found the guy and most of your stuff. Last time I got robbed, nothing was ever recovered, and I lost over 20K in tools. Once you get past the anger and sadness stages, peace eventually comes with acceptance.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    Sorry guys, I hope you have insurance and they take care of you.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    Fourtotheflush:
    Sorry guys, I hope you have insurance and they take care of you.
    Nope, total loss.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Damn Wheelie sorry bro...

• rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I got the smokes back. The guy who bought them was like "Oh, are these good cigars? I've never heard of them." Almost all of my GoF, Partagas 150, Opus X, Hemingway Maduros and naturals, two of those Don Artuto Gran Anniversarios, Padron 44 Year. But yeah, I got them back. I'm still missing my Alto Sax, GPS, Pair of Oakleys and some rings like my high school rings, etc.. And who knows what else.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Wow. That sucks, dude. Ever think about getting a dog? Best home security system is a big Rottwieler named "Chopper".......

Is it wrong that the only thing that really pissed me off about that was the fact that he stole your cigars??? I mean, the other stuff can be replaced with equal or similar items, but those cigars probably had some age on them!! That can't be replaced!!

God!!! I'd love to get my hands on your neighbor!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • TheedgeTheedge Posts: 316
    Dude, that sucks. How do you not have insurance? Is the guy in jail?
    I have insurance. Haven't called them yet. What is working out in my favor ias that my brother in law is a detective in the town I live in. They had found most of my stuff within 45 minutes of me calling them. What makes this rough is that it won't end for months. Insurance, probably court, getting this replaced or repaired, having to get home security...
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    rwheelwright:
    I have insurance. Haven't called them yet. What is working out in my favor ias that my brother in law is a detective in the town I live in. They had found most of my stuff within 45 minutes of me calling them. What makes this rough is that it won't end for months. Insurance, probably court, getting this replaced or repaired, having to get home security...
    Sometimes a BIG, MEAN dog is the only answer to people like that. Hope it all works out for you in the end bro'. That was a bad day.
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Oh, MAN! That absolutely sucks, wheelz. It's handy that your BIL is a cop, though.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I hate to hear about your misfortunes. I hope it can all be restored and the jerk ends up in jail for some time.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Please tell me you called the cops on this guy!! If you didn't, there's nothing stopping him from calling the cops and telling his own version of events. You can't even file a claim with insurance if you don't file a police report
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    This a$$ hole should be castrated with fingernail clippers and no anesthesia. I hate thieves.
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Man that sucks. It's a *** getting taken advantage of! Eventualy time will heal your angst! Good Luck! Stay Strong.
    Thanks all. Here is a little update. The found him Friday night at the train station. He broke into another persons house Friday night and stole some guns and then called a cab. The cab driver called his station which called the police. When then found him he had one gun on him but the cab driver showed them another stash he had in the trunk. SO, he is in county jail now going to state prison.

His father came over today and apologized. He filled me in on what was going on in the kids life, etc... It turns out he robbed his parents house before mine. He also flipped his car the night before. His father gave me permission to take a bat to his head if I ever see him again. He is not going to bail him out of jail and hopes that he goes to prison for a long time.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Sad all the way around.
  • alienmisprintalienmisprint Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭
    Damn, that really sucks man. Especially your neighbor, jeez. Glad you got most everything back though, insurance might've covered everything else, but I bet you wouldn't have gotten a quarter of the value of those cigars if you had to rely on the insurance.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    rwheelwright:
    Sometimes a BIG, MEAN dog is the only answer to people like that. Hope it all works out for you in the end bro'. That was a bad day.

A big mean dog....and a Colt 1911 45 ACP
  • Stryker808Stryker808 Posts: 269
    Man!....I hate chronics! +1 for mean dogs and WMDs.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    Thanks all. Here is a little update. The found him Friday night at the train station. He broke into another persons house Friday night and stole some guns and then called a cab. The cab driver called his station which called the police. When then found him he had one gun on him but the cab driver showed them another stash he had in the trunk. SO, he is in county jail now going to state prison.

His father came over today and apologized. He filled me in on what was going on in the kids life, etc... It turns out he robbed his parents house before mine. He also flipped his car the night before. His father gave me permission to take a bat to his head if I ever see him again. He is not going to bail him out of jail and hopes that he goes to prison for a long time.
    Holly CRAP! Well this is all very sad to hear buddy. How did you figure out it was your neighbor? I'm very glad you got your smokes back and in good order I hope. I know you paid a lot on them babies.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear about this man! That's absolutely terrible!
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:

Holly CRAP! Well this is all very sad to hear buddy. How did you figure out it was your neighbor? I'm very glad you got your smokes back and in good order I hope. I know you paid a lot on them babies.
    My neighbor's across the street asked me what was stolen. When I told them my TV (that's the only thing I saw at the time) they told me that they saw the neighbor's son get into a taxi with a really big TV earlier that day. They didn't see him in my house. The TV was already on his property.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Well good for your other neighbor's on looking out.
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    phobicsquirrel:
    Well good for your other neighbor's on looking out.
    Neighbors make your hood. Sorry to hear about this. Glad they caught him and I can understand what you are going through. Had a ton of stuff stolen out of my truck traveling to a school for the Army. I still haven't replaced everything and that was over 2 years ago. What really sucks is the stuff you can't replace. Good luck and glad you got some of the stuff back.
    Well, I still haven't been paid from the insurance company. They are investigating the incident. They came to my house, took pictures and asked questions which they recorded. I had to provide some receipts for stuff. That was hard to do. I don't normally keep receipts and since I was moving I shredded a lot of stuff. Some stuff I have receipts for and some I don't. What can I do about that??? I'm the one who got his house broken into and I'm the one who now has to prove owns everything I say is missing. Talk about getting *** on...

Anyways, here is the big update. The place in this article below is where my stuff was sold to.

http://www.dailyrecord.com/article/20100713/UPDATES01/100713034/Cops++Hot+electronics+being+sold+out+of+Dover+video+store
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    Sucks dude. It's just things, try to remember, but it still does suck. Did you get any of the things that were taken online? Did you pay for any of them with a credit card? Lots of online sites let you pull up your transaction history. If you paid with a credit card, they should have a copy of the transaction as well. You probably already thought of this, but just wanted to try to help in a small way. Take care.

In the future and to everyone else reading this thread, it isn't a bad idea to scan receipts and take photos of high value items that you have in your home to make things go as smoothly as possible. I myself have a knife collection worth tens of thousands and that is what my insurance co. advised me to do.
    Most of not all were not bought online and some paid in cash. Some stuff that he did take was from when I graduated HS 15 years ago. Well, now I have a big gun safe to store things in and I can now keep receipts in there too!