Home General Discussion

CCom should....

do wayyyyyyy more videos. Agreed? Can't get enough of the ccom staff and all their ideas. That and maybe a little more fun cigar stuff in the catalog, but I know that the staff is busy giving us super awesome deals and taking calls and buying cigars for us, so I'll cut them some slack. Just want to let you guys know I really like them and "MORE COWBELL (ccom)"

Comments

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    I really loved the rum + cigar pairing they did in the recent catalog; here's hoping they expand in to other libation pairing in the future
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Ok was it just me or did the Beard bite the end off the Joya De Nicaragua?

• MAJORdorMoMAJORdorMo Posts: 356
    They need to incorporate more staff into their videos. I've grown tired of Tim.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    take it back
  • timbtimb Posts: 353 ✭✭✭

I do bite the caps off my cigars.  Easiest way to get the job done.  A lot of the rollers and "tobacco" people do the same.  AJ Fernandez always says you can tell how well fermented the tobacco of a cigar is by biting off the cap and rolling it around in your mouth a bit.  If it is really spicy and makes your tongue tingle, the tobacco is underfermented (which isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, as many 'ballsy' blends increase spice and strength by incoroprating underfermented tobacco.  its a fine line between ammonia reeking crap and spicy goodness!). 

Whoa, rambles. 

• sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    timb:

I do bite the caps off my cigars.  Easiest way to get the job done.  A lot of the rollers and "tobacco" people do the same.  AJ Fernandez always says you can tell how well fermented the tobacco of a cigar is by biting off the cap and rolling it around in your mouth a bit.  If it is really spicy and makes your tongue tingle, the tobacco is underfermented (which isn't ALWAYS a bad thing, as many 'ballsy' blends increase spice and strength by incoroprating underfermented tobacco.  its a fine line between ammonia reeking crap and spicy goodness!). 

Whoa, rambles. 

Learn new things everyday. Thanks for the info.
  • Matt MarvelMatt Marvel Posts: 930
    MAJORdorMo:
    Blasphemy!!!!
  • MarkHMarkH Posts: 120 ✭✭
    timb:

Whoa, rambles. 

Cool, I wonder if Xikar makes a set of TEETH!
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    timb:

Whoa, rambles. 

this is why we " Hail the Beard!" Just wandering if You have been Hit By the Sniper yet! Rumor has it that there is Incoming!
    Hit by the sniper?  I'm watching the final season of Sopranos (I know, 5 years late - don't tell me ANYTHING!) but I just saw the episode where that rapper dude pays Bobby to shoot him so he get's 'street cred'.  I swear, if I get shot walking to my car tonight, I'm not going to be a happy camper tomorrow morning!
    MarkH - haha.  Good one!
  • betasynnbetasynn Posts: 1,249
    Tell you what, I'll come down and help out with the videos, free of charge, haha.

I would like to see a video with more of the staff involved, though; Tim and Alex are the dynamic duo, but every great show has the reappearing minor cast; what would Family Guy be without Greased up Deaf Guy? Or actually, I don't want to see any of the other reps greased up or forced to be deaf, but you get the idea.

Better yet, there should be a musical episode. Or a talking dog.

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    IMHO I'm all for scantily clad youg ladies "book ending" Alex and Tim, but that is far as it should go! All Hail The Beard!
    dennisking:
    MAJORdorMo:
    take it back

NEVER!

Seriously, I'd love to see some of the other CCOM sales reps like Andy and Jeff.
  • mrpillowmrpillow Posts: 464
    I say replace Tim with Andy!
    mrpillow:

Seconded.
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    MAJORdorMo:
    mrpillow:

Seconded.
    Interesting...I think I've seen new religions start this way.
    sightunseen:
    MAJORdorMo:
    mrpillow:

Seconded.
    Interesting...I think I've seen new religions start this way.

The start of a religion? No....
    THE START OF A REVOLUTION!
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I like the old audio files as well. They're longer and you can keep them in the background.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I would really like to see some women in these things just saying.
  • ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    stephen_hannibal:
    Yea, like Kelly! :-)
    I for one would like to watch CCOM videos to learn about Cigars or CCOM information, not gawk at marginally attractive broads or listen to stale humor and awkward exchanges.

Just my two cents...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    MAJORdorMo:
    mrpillow:

Seconded.
    yall are goin straight down to hell!!! ALL HAIL THE BEARD!!!!
    Hell is where all the cool people are anyways....
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    mrpillow:
    hahaha oh ya! you know: Hitler, Sadaam, Those cool cats!!
    mrpillow:

Yeah, I hear heaven is 'no smoking'.

Down in hell, you can drop your ash wherever. Satan is cool that way.

mrpillow:
    I for one would like to watch CCOM videos to learn about Cigars or CCOM information, not gawk at marginally attractive broads or listen to stale humor and awkward exchanges.

Just my two cents...

Yeah, Tim's 'humor' just doesn't quite cut it with me.

I bet Andy is hilarious AND knowledgeable. ;D
    Alex Williams:
    mrpillow:
    hahaha oh ya! you know: Hitler, Sadaam, Those cool cats!!
    Those are my boys XP
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    stephen_hannibal:
    I want the Smoking Hot Chick
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    dennisking:
    MAJORdorMo:
    take it back
    LMAO Dennis! I nominate this as the best three word comeback on the forums!

• LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    what a bizarre thread.