Home Ratings & Reviews

Romeo Y Julieta Reserva Real Love Story

docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521

4 1/4 x 46 closed foot/nipple perfecto

I have smoked a few of the short churchill tubos before, but this will be my first love story. I am smoking two cigars tonight, so I picked this up at the B&M today, since it is a smaller stick.

Construction looks beautiful. Wrapper is a light tan, connecticut. Not going to cut the foot, just going to light the "nipple" and let it burn open.

Start time is 10:01pm.

Prelight draw gives a creamy tobacco, and cedar flavor. Pretty loose despite being a closed foot perfecto. We'll see.

Smoke production is characteristically low at the moment, but typical of a perfecto. Initial flavors seem to be wood, with a slight pepper. Mild, MAYBE mild-medium body.

Right as it hit the opening of the full foot, the smoke production is ramped up, surprisingly productive for such a tiny stick. Burn line is acting up as the stick thickens.

Ash is holding on well at the 1 inch mark. Flavor continues to be woody, with slight caramel sweetness, and creamy smoke. Pleasant mild cigar. Burning surprisingly slow for such a small stick. The 46 ring gauge is only at the thickest part of the stick, which at the head is closer to 32 probably.

Flavors do not change really at all down to the nub.

Ended at 10:51 pm, so a really impressive burn time for a small cigar.
Very enjoyable little mild stick. Highly recommended. Picked it up for $5.00 at the B&M.

Comments

• TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    docbp87:
    nipple
    "beautiful tan nipple"
    "creamy, loose wood"
    "Right as it hit the opening" it was "surprisingly productive for such a tiny stick."
    "acting up as the stick thickens"
    "holding on well at the 1 inch mark"
    "continues to be woody"
    "surprisingly slow for such a small stick"
    "at the thickest part of the stick, which at the head all down to the nub is really impressive for a small little mild stick"
    You can make your own conclusions about this debauchery!!
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    docbp87:
    nipple
    "beautiful tan nipple"
    "creamy, loose wood"
    "Right as it hit the opening" it was "surprisingly productive for such a tiny stick."
    "continues to be woody"
    "at the thickest part of the stick, which at the head all down to the nub is really impressive for a small little mild stick"
    LOLZ
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    ROFL
  • fuentejpsfuentejps Posts: 345
    docbp87:

4 1/4 x 46 closed foot/nipple perfecto

I have smoked a few of the short churchill tubos before, but this will be my first love story. I am smoking two cigars tonight, so I picked this up at the B&M today, since it is a smaller stick.

Construction looks beautiful. Wrapper is a light tan, connecticut. Not going to cut the foot, just going to light the "nipple" and let it burn open.

Start time is 10:01pm.

Prelight draw gives a creamy tobacco, and cedar flavor. Pretty loose despite being a closed foot perfecto. We'll see.

Smoke production is characteristically low at the moment, but typical of a perfecto. Initial flavors seem to be wood, with a slight pepper. Mild, MAYBE mild-medium body.

Right as it hit the opening of the full foot, the smoke production is ramped up, surprisingly productive for such a tiny stick. Burn line is acting up as the stick thickens.

Ash is holding on well at the 1 inch mark. Flavor continues to be woody, with slight caramel sweetness, and creamy smoke. Pleasant mild cigar. Burning surprisingly slow for such a small stick. The 46 ring gauge is only at the thickest part of the stick, which at the head is closer to 32 probably.

Flavors do not change really at all down to the nub.

Ended at 10:51 pm, so a really impressive burn time for a small cigar.
    Very enjoyable little mild stick. Highly recommended. Picked it up for $5.00 at the B&M.
    awesome, im a big vintage fan, i'll have togive the real line a try
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    docbp87:
    nipple
    "beautiful tan nipple"
    "creamy, loose wood"
    "continues to be woody"
    nice review btw. But I have to say this looks like a wanna-be from the opus love affair/story. I've never really liked R&J even though the "real" is loved by many here. I just couldn't get into it.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    phobicsquirrel:
    nice review btw. But I have to say this looks like a wanna-be from the opus love affair/story. I've never really liked R&J even though the "real" is loved by many here. I just couldn't get into it.

I would agree, on one hand, that the vitola is reminiscent of the Love Affair, but it isn't the only stick that comes in this shape. It's essentially the hemingway short story also. There are several brands that make figurados of this shape, the Love Affair is just the most well known, because the Opus is so exclusive.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    true... =p