Home Ratings & Reviews

Cigar.com Brazilian Label Corona - Now Part of My Top 10!

So I finally had a chance to smoke this one that had been sitting in my humi for a while. I tried to take some decent photos this time. Tell me what you think - http://wbfiller.com/cigar-com-brazilian-label-corona-cigar-review-by-stan-bogdanov/

I really love this cigar btw... As soon as I am better financially - I'll get a box of them. And this will be my FIRST ever box purchase. But this blend definitely deserves it - kudos Cigar.com!

Comments

• Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    One of my all time favs. It's not about price...this is a damn fine Cigar.
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    I need to try this in the corona size.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    The first pack I bought from Ccom was their 6 or 7 stick house blend sampler, I do think I need to revisit the Brazilian again since I've been exposed to a lot more now.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    OK Oddly I was just thinking about trying to pair some smokes with chocolate milk.
    I have a few of the house blends I got in a trade I need to try them.

• HugemooseHugemoose Posts: 458
    I love maduro wrappers. I particularly love Brazilian maduro wrappers. And this, ladies and gentleman, this is one of the best sticks I have in my humidor. Not price wise, but in the fact that I know I am going to just love the next hour I spend smoking it!

It is consistent and the flavors are always what I am craving.
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    This and the Corojo house blend are both excellent IMO. The wrapper flavor really comes through on both. I agree that these are quality smokes regardless of price.
  • Renaissance_ManRenaissance_Man Posts: 973 ✭✭
    Yeah - I do agree its not even about the price. Ima have to get a sampler of the Brazilian label and try other sizes... As for:
    stephen_hannibal:
    OK Oddly I was just thinking about trying to pair some smokes with chocolate milk.

I do think it pared well with the milk :)... Even though I have another suggestion - La Vieja Habana with Choco Milk... Also beware - I had italian food before and the milk mixed with it in such a way that I had to spend some time in the restroom a liitle bit after I was done with the cigar ;)...
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Renaissance_Man:
    Yeah - I do agree its not even about the price. Ima have to get a sampler of the Brazilian label and try other sizes... As for:
    stephen_hannibal:

I do think it pared well with the milk :)... Even though I have another suggestion - La Vieja Habana with Choco Milk... Also beware - I had italian food before and the milk mixed with it in such a way that I had to spend some time in the restroom a liitle bit after I was done with the cigar ;)...
    Hmm another one for the ever growing list.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    I've recently just re-visited the Brazilian label and really like it much better than before. I'm gonna order some coronas, the only size I haven't had yet.

Because of their easy going rich flavor I think I'm gonna get some of these and keep 'em on hand to hand out to new smokers as well.
  • bacon.jaybacon.jay Posts: 720 ✭✭✭
    I love the Ccom Brazilian Label too, but I don't like the Corona size. The wrapper-filler ratio is too skewed IMHO, and the cigar as a whole is completely unbalanced.

• ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Mine had burn issues, but a great flavor. I will definitly try them again.
  • Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    I've had 2 in this size so far. First one wasn't too good, the second was awesome. I think plenty of rest is key.
    Duder2:
    I've had 2 in this size so far. First one wasn't too good, the second was awesome. I think plenty of rest is key.
    Second that! Rest definitely seems to be key with this one and also other Arapiraca wrapped cigars...
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    funny as i just got this in yesterday, and it smelled amazing but ill let it sit before i try it!
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    funny as i just got this in yesterday, and it smelled amazing but ill let it sit before i try it!
    Definitely do! It needs some rest...
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    Renaissance_Man:
    So I finally had a chance to smoke this one that had been sitting in my humi for a while. I tried to take some decent photos this time. Tell me what you think - http://wbfiller.com/cigar-com-brazilian-label-corona-cigar-review-by-stan-bogdanov/

I really love this cigar btw... As soon as I am better financially - I'll get a box of them. And this will be my FIRST ever box purchase. But this blend definitely deserves it - kudos Cigar.com!
    Would you be at all interested in doing a box split? Had one yesterday with some chocolate milk and LOVED it. Your review was spot on.
    stephen_hannibal:

Try a gran habano vinatage 2002 with a yoohoo. Enjoying the combo now and it is EPIC
    Alex Williams:
    Renaissance_Man:

Would you be at all interested in doing a box split? Had one yesterday with some chocolate milk and LOVED it. Your review was spot on.
    Nice man! I'm glad you liked it! I gotta try your Gran Habano suggestion... As for the split - actually I would be interested! Which vitola are you thinking about? I had the corona and it was great, but maybe the torpedo? Which one did you smoke? PM me your responses...
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I just took a few of these out of the ziplock bag and put them in my smoking humi.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    I need to try this one. The appearance reminds me of Partagas Black label and Bahia Maduro, 2 sticks I really like.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Renaissance_Man:
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Definitely do! It needs some rest...
    i agree.
    Renaissance_Man:
    Alex Williams:
    Renaissance_Man:

Nice man! I'm glad you liked it! I gotta try your Gran Habano suggestion... As for the split - actually I would be interested! Which vitola are you thinking about? I had the corona and it was great, but maybe the torpedo? Which one did you smoke? PM me your responses...
    You have a pm stan. Also, check out my entry into the whatcha smokin tonight thread.
    PM back and message back in the "whatcha smoking" thread!
    I picked up a few singles to try with my last order. They look tasty
    Well lets see, good price, perfect burn, AJ flavor, yeah these are really good.
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    I'm gunna have to get some of these. Just sounds tasty.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    fla-gypsy:
    did you get the corona size?
    Got 3 robustos, 1 churchill and 1 torpedo just to give them a spin.
    bigharpoon:
    fla-gypsy:
    did you get the corona size?
    I love the corona! I am glad Alex decided to bomb me with a box of them. I was thinking about us splitting a box of torpedos, but it turns out that it is better to just stick with what you know works best ;)... Tasty little f#@kers... BTW Alex - if you ever do want to do a box split on these in the future or on something else - count me in ;)!
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Not sure if I am posting in the right place since my gar was a 5"X50 Robusto.

Lit up my first tonight, it was a stick I got in a pif package from zeebra a couple of weeks ago.

gar looked good all round, felt a little on the firm side but nothing unusual, wrapper tasted nice and sweet between my lips. Fired up pretty easy, nice initial taste. It pretty much went downhill from there.
    From the outset I was beset by ignition problems, couldn't get smoke and the gar appeared to be out although it felt hot and when touching up with my light it appeared that the stick had indeed been lit, my inability to get any smoke continued unless my lighter was against it, although the draw was not too tight.

I continued to battle with it, was 'doing stuff' outside so i would pick it up and put it down, relight etc. wondering if it was going to improve. After 20 mins a hole appeared just past halfway down the cigar!!!! Apparently it had been beening a tunnel internally until for whatever reason it surfaced!!! By this time I was 1/3 way through so decided to let the main burn catch up with the 'hole', it did wagain with some help from my lighter, by this time I was in the last 1/3, at last i could get some smoke and flavor out of the gar, however by this time it was burning a little hot.

Altogether a frustrating smoke, I have never had a gar have such burn issues outside of a Thompson, actually I think that topped a Thompson!

I enjoyed the flavor, but the burn issue indicates a construction issue that has probably put me off buying any of these, there are plenty of cigars I have tried that have burnt flawlessly; and plenty more I can and will try that will probably do the same, that I can spend my money on.

Has anyone else had burn issues with this cigar?