I LOVE days off from work.
    day off?

i wish i had days off.
    Yeah Kuzi I think I took yours ;D
    eh...
    you can have it.
    you need relaxation time.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    I love that I've already had 2 today and I'm planning more.... MWA HA HA HA!!!

• PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    day off?

i wish i had days off.
    What are you talking about Kuz? Aren't you always a little "off?" ;-)
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    I feel very blessed. I am fortunate to have a job with near zero stress. I work, (clock in anyway), for three 12- hour shifts and one six hour shift per week. I am off every week from 6am on Sun. until midnite on Wed. And I can sit or walk outside and smoke all the cigars I can afford. As they say down south, I'm as lucky as a dog with two -----. Pray it stays this way.
  • GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    docedwards:
    I feel very blessed. I am fortunate to have a job with near zero stress. I work, (clock in anyway), for three 12- hour shifts and one six hour shift per week. I am off every week from 6am on Sun. until midnite on Wed. And I can sit or walk outside and smoke all the cigars I can afford. As they say down south, I'm as lucky as a dog with two -----. Pray it stays this way.
    That's beautiful, man. I hope we could all be so lucky! I hope it lasts all the way until you want it changed!
  • badge54fdbadge54fd Posts: 241
    I love overtime......... MORE CIGARS !!!!!!
  • ljlljl Posts: 819
    kuzi16:
    stephen_hannibal:
    day off?

i wish i had days off.

Minus one call from another dept. that lasted 15 min., I had the whole weekend off! Started getting so giddy today that my wife and kids told me they thought I was going crazy.

Green Tea... amazing stuff.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Alan Wake.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    Friday.
    My fellow BOTLs... I was having a really long day today (Worked USPS from 7-3 and got to work a the hotel at 3:06 when I was supposed to start at 3-11) and the first guest I check in is a guy who is in town to golf... And he had a desktop humidor on top of his luggage.

I exclaim
    "Oh, hey! A humi! What did you bring with you?"
    "A box of Gurkhas I just bought and haven't tried yet and a few CAO sopranos - here my friend"
    And he gives me a Gurkha Shaggy... And I don't think he'd even seen my name tag yet - just knew I was interested in cigars!

BOTLs are everywhere, man - and I certainly love, or at least have a strong predilection to them.

I certainly plan to come in early tomorrow before this BOTL checks-out, so I can bring him a few thank-you sticks!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I met a BOTL when I overheard him talking cigars at Popeyes Chicken in Omaha, NE. I introduce myself and hook him up with some 262 Paradigms. This dude helps me land 3 stores up there in 1 week. his word of mouth helped me 100%. I love me some BOTL.
  • nightmaremike31nightmaremike31 Posts: 718 ✭✭✭
    I love NOT moving.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i love tobac shave soap with a drop of glycerin added in. (mmm super lather)

...wife loves it too.
  • FourtotheflushFourtotheflush Posts: 2,555
    kuzi16:
    i love tobac shave soap with a drop of glycerin added in. (mmm super lather)

...wife loves it too.

Im a Kent Convert

• illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    I love that I was taking a walk, cigar in hand, and went into the local beer garden and saw 2 other guys smoking stogies. I finished the stick, lit up a 5 Vegas Series A and smoked. Eventually I got up the courage to go talk to the other 2 BOTL there and eventually landed 2 friends and potential clients. Talk about serendipitous. They are midwest project managers for a big company out of Albany, and they offered me some landscape work on the project theyre working on in town, as well as their own residential projects. Needless to say I'm pretty excited, two great guys and some possible work, I love meeting new BOTL.
    Black Dynamite.... this movie has me cracking up!

I love nice people.

As most of you know I work in a Hotel - and today I had a German couple come stay because their RV broke down driving through town and it'll be in the shop overnight. They were extremely nice people and have only been in the country a month.

The third time I saw them they asked for the closest supermarket which is a few miles down the road and they were disappointed because they would have to walk.... I hesitated a moment but they seemed like great people, so I offered to let them borrow my car to drive to the super market. At first they thought I was messing with them - but I pulled the key off my keyring and held it out to them and pointed out my car... And they still didn't believe me...

They did accept, and when they got back from the store they were extremely grateful and told me they honestly believe something this kind would never ever happen to them in Germany. I simply said
    "Oh... well... Welcome to America!"

About 30 minutes they they came and asked me if they could take my picture to add to their scrapbook of America...

These are the moments that make being nice to people completely worthwhile.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    GadwinDuil:
    I love nice people.

As most of you know I work in a Hotel - and today I had a German couple come stay because their RV broke down driving through town and it'll be in the shop overnight. They were extremely nice people and have only been in the country a month.

The third time I saw them they asked for the closest supermarket which is a few miles down the road and they were disappointed because they would have to walk.... I hesitated a moment but they seemed like great people, so I offered to let them borrow my car to drive to the super market. At first they thought I was messing with them - but I pulled the key off my keyring and held it out to them and pointed out my car... And they still didn't believe me...

They did accept, and when they got back from the store they were extremely grateful and told me they honestly believe something this kind would never ever happen to them in Germany. I simply said

About 30 minutes they they came and asked me if they could take my picture to add to their scrapbook of America...

I love that story, and I love that there are good people like you out in this wasteland we live in nowadays.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Hayblet:
    GadwinDuil:
    I love nice people.

I love that story, and I love that there are good people like you out in this wasteland we live in nowadays.

+ 1
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Hey Ryan/Gadwin, Class move brother. Just don't start picking up hitchhikers in the desert.
    GadwinDuil:
    I love nice people.

Whoa thats a crazy bold move... good times bro.

gmill880:
    Hayblet:
    GadwinDuil:
    I love nice people.

+ 1

Great story man, its people like you and that German couple that renew my faith in humanity.. when the world is the way it is now, its comforting to know that there are still good people out there
    Thanks for the kind words everyone... I don't want to come off as fishing for recognition but when someone you help genuinely appreciates what you've done... It's truly the best feeling ever :-D Makes all the work and trouble worthwhile
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still love your mom.
    I love gdsim not pulling my man card.
    I love how I was blessed with an awesome 3 week vacation!
    It was truly amazing.

stephen_hannibal:
    I love how I was blessed with an awesome 3 week vacation!
    It was truly amazing.

congrats bro! hope you have a great vaca and get some serious R&R!

on a seperate note... I love trying new cigars and finding one that I really love, its all about trial and error