Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    sorry forgot to ask... who wants to be my mystery mooch??
  • Options
    TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    Alex Williams:
    I'll definitely be your mystery mooch, Alex. It's been a while!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Williams:
    Fan friggin tastic!!!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex Williams:
    Fan friggin tastic!!!
    Yesssss!!
  • Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    MrMoke:
    MrMoke:
    Sorry I missed doing Stick B last night, got home too late, have it fired up now. 5"X54 vitola, nice oily looking natural wrapper, very firm roll, much more so than stick A which I described as firm. Anyway back to it, more to follow.

Sorry, it's actually 5"X46, don't know where I got the 54 from, lol.
    Anyway, inspite of the firm roll it lit easily and the draw was light but firm. Was immediately struck by how mild this stick was, hints of coffee and caramel at first not much spice or pepper in the first 3rd. Getting into the 2nd 3rd the pepper came on hard, more coffee, cedar then toward the last 3rd the pepper dimished to leave a light nutty flavor, cedar increased, walnut, this is a very interesting smoke. All the way the burn was consitent and it never went out once, a quality gar for sure. I think it would be described as mild-medium bodied and am pretty sure I' have not smoked this one before, so am going to have to guess.

A Perdomo perhaps ??????

Jd really does put together an interesting Mystery Stick package, I am very much looking forward to stick C tomorrow

Cigar B was in fact an A. Fernandez Signature Series. I always get in your face pepper the first few puffs until it mellows out a bit on this one. Glad you enjoyed it.
  • Options
    MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    Oh well, that was my first of that stick, again. I did enjoy it!

let's see what delights stick C brings me this evening :)

• Options
    Sorry guys, didn't get to Stick C this evening. Was way to short on time to do this baby justice, it's a 6"X52. Only had time for a liitle Hoyo sabroso this afternoon and an RP Serie D robusto earlier this evening.

• Options
    Okay got stick C taken care of.

Very "mellow" ...... yet a little spicy, not mild, kept my attention all the way through.
    Again I admit to being pretty clueless as to what it is but I'm going to guess - Padilla?

Gotta say that Jd did a great job of selecting sticks for the mystery pack, I have thoroughly enjoyed them all

I'll be looking out for the next time he want's a Mystery Mooch ;)

• Options
    JdoraisJdorais Posts: 652
    MrMoke:

Very "mellow" ...... yet a little spicy, not mild, kept my attention all the way through.
    Again I admit to being pretty clueless as to what it is but I'm going to guess - Padilla?

Gotta say that Jd did a great job of selecting sticks for the mystery pack, I have thoroughly enjoyed them all

Wow. I think you may be the first person in this game to get it right! Impressive! I'll have to go back over the older posts sometime to find out for sure. So, yes indeed it was a Padilla. A Padilla Habano Toro to be exact.

Jeff
  • Options
    Jdorais:
    MrMoke:

Wow. I think you may be the first person in this game to get it right! Impressive! I'll have to go back over the older posts sometime to find out for sure. So, yes indeed it was a Padilla. A Padilla Habano Toro to be exact.

Jeff
    Every once in a while, people do get it right. I think the last time I played I guessed one of them correctly... :) This game is a blast!
  • Options
    So Alex sent me his mystery sticks! And a MASSIVE bomb to go with it. 15 sticks total, lol. That's ridiculous. Am I next on the list to start reviewing now that MrMoke is done with stick C? I will get to Cigar A tomorrow probably if I'm the next up.
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    TatuajeVI:
    So Alex sent me his mystery sticks! And a MASSIVE bomb to go with it. 15 sticks total, lol. That's ridiculous. Am I next on the list to start reviewing now that MrMoke is done with stick C? I will get to Cigar A tomorrow probably if I'm the next up.
    Alex needs to review Moke's sticks - but with his hiatus going on we may want to skip him until later! :-D
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    TatuajeVI:
    Alex needs to review Moke's sticks - but with his hiatus going on we may want to skip him until later! :-D
    Yeah, he mentioned to me that he was going to have to be skipped. Well I suppose I'll start reviewing mine tomorrow or Monday!
  • Options
    TatuajeVI:
    GadwinDuil:
    TatuajeVI:
    Yeah, he mentioned to me that he was going to have to be skipped. Well I suppose I'll start reviewing mine tomorrow or Monday!
    Now might I interject here? It seems I have a wee bit of time on my hands this weekend so I figured I'd best knock these mystery sticks out! Now bear with me as this will be my first review.

This very unique cigar was box pressed and about 5 inches long with a ring guage that increased the closer to the foot. The foot itself was in the nipple shape. (basically a VSG Enchantment except box pressed). It looks to be a maduro as the wrapper was dark and extremely oily with deep spiderweb veins running through it. The prelihjt draw was covered with a raisin taste I find in most cigars. The toasting revealed particularly nutty aromas. Upon first light, I got a unique peanut flavor the mixed with a creamy marshmallow flavor. At the opening of the nipple, black pepper started to develop (with a little bit of sweetness). An inch in, it started to canoe a tiny bit and the sweetness faded and brought a peaty/ earthy flavor to the forefront (the pepper was still in the back of my pallet). After this, I forgot to take noted cause it was so damn tasty and complex!!! Honestly, my only guess is the VSG Enchantment only because of the size. I know for a fact I haven't had this cigar before but I sure want more!!!
  • Options
    Btw, ^ that was Cigar A
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Btw, ^ that was Cigar A

Alex, good job! I probably would have guessed that, if I didn't know what it was ;) .
    Sounds like you enjoyed it anyway, and you hit the nail on the head with most of the taste points of this stick.

It is in fact .......

Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series, La Tradicion, boxed pressed, maduro, robusto

I found a dozen of them in the bottom of my 150 count, I think they have / had 6-7 years on them! I fired one up,liked it so much had to share with other BOTL, hope you enjoyed, I don't think Perdomo make these anymore which is a shame cos I really like them and they wern't too costly.

• Options
    TatuajeVI:
    Jdorais:
    MrMoke:

Jeff
    Every once in a while, people do get it right. I think the last time I played I guessed one of them correctly... :) This game is a blast!

Nailed it!
    I, tried as best as I could to go back through my records to see if I had ever had a Padilla Habano, nope! Not one, but I have had other Padillas, I guess there is an underlying 'signature' flavor! ;)

• Options
    MrMoke:
    Alex Williams:
    Btw, ^ that was Cigar A

Alex, good job! I probably would have guessed that, if I didn't know what it was ;) .
    Sounds like you enjoyed it anyway, and you hit the nail on the head with most of the taste points of this stick.

It is in fact .......

Perdomo Reserve Cabinet Series, La Tradicion, boxed pressed, maduro, robusto

I found a dozen of them in the bottom of my 150 count, I think they have / had 6-7 years on them! I fired one up,liked it so much had to share with other BOTL, hope you enjoyed, I don't think Perdomo make these anymore which is a shame cos I really like them and they wern't too costly.

Wow, never heard of that one! Sounds awesome.

I will step back and wait for Alex to finish his mystery sticks before smoking mine. :)
  • Options
    B-b-but... I like reading the reviews! Especially when people go in-depth about it!!!
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    B-b-but... I like reading the reviews! Especially when people go in-depth about it!!!
    ?? Will post review for stick B in about 30 minutes.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    GadwinDuil:
    That was in reference to Tat saying he'd wait for you. I dunno, I always get excited when I see a new post in this thread hoping it's a review, haha.
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    GadwinDuil:
    Ok so I'm a little late. Gimme a break. :D gonna have to do the footnotes version to save time unfortunately
    cigar B:

Size: Churchill
    Wrapper: Habano
    Prelight: hay
    Toast: cedar
    First puff: more cedar
    Half inch: the spice slowly starts to come to the forefront
    1 inch: a peculiar toasted grahamcracker flavor comes out amidst other earthy flavor
    2 inch: spice comes back and there was a flavor I just couldn't place :/
    3 inch: the spice returns to the back of my pallet
    4 to 5 inch: nutty and earthy without much spice
    Last third: spice picks up and overtakes all other flavors

Very very good cigar and very tasty. My guess is a sol cubana Cuban cabinet ??
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Williams:
    GadwinDuil:
    Ok so I'm a little late. Gimme a break. :D gonna have to do the footnotes version to save time unfortunately
    cigar B:

1 inch: a peculiar toasted grahamcracker flavor comes out amidst other earthy flavor

That was a tricky one!

That was in fact a cameroon sungrown, yup looks a hell of a lot like a Habano doesn't it!?

And the stick itself was an A. Fuente double Chateau Fuente

• Options
    MrMoke:
    Alex Williams:
    Alex Williams:
    GadwinDuil:
    cigar B:

That was a tricky one!

That was in fact a cameroon sungrown, yup looks a hell of a lot like a Habano doesn't it!?

And the stick itself was an A. Fuente double Chateau Fuente

wow! i was WAAAAAAY off. my first AF actually. and it was damn good!
  • Options
    That one had some age on it too! That probably helped!!!

I am finding that aging is indeed beneficial to good cigars

Not so good, less so, in fact let me go as far as saying; aging 'less than stellar' cigars will probably make them taste comparable to dog turds, in fact dog turds might have more bloom on them as the oils seep out!!!!!; and taste better.

• Options
    ok stick C:

I believe this was a habano wrapper and it was a robusto
    Prelight: Raisins
    Toast: Slight Cocoa smell
    First Puff: A little bit of cocoa and then spics in the back of my pallete and through the nose
    1/3: The flavors started out with the cocoa and then transformed into mocha and woody flavors. The spice is ever present through the nose and on my pallet.

At this point, i think it is an A. Fernandez Signature

2/3: Goes from woody and spicy to nutty and spicy.

Now i think it is a DPG something or another

3/3: The spice takes the forefront with the nutty notes fading into the background.

I think this is either an A. Fernandez or a DPG... I'm probably completely wrong :D

Ok phil, you are cleared for launch!!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    ok stick C:

I believe this was a habano wrapper and it was a robusto
    Prelight: Raisins
    Toast: Slight Cocoa smell
    First Puff: A little bit of cocoa and then spics in the back of my pallete and through the nose
    1/3: The flavors started out with the cocoa and then transformed into mocha and woody flavors. The spice is ever present through the nose and on my pallet.

At this point, i think it is an A. Fernandez Signature

2/3: Goes from woody and spicy to nutty and spicy.

Now i think it is a DPG something or another

3/3: The spice takes the forefront with the nutty notes fading into the background.

I think this is either an A. Fernandez or a DPG... I'm probably completely wrong :D

Ok phil, you are cleared for launch!!

Alex, you are absolutely correct!!!!!!!

With your 3rd guess!!!!!

You are completely wrong!!!!!! lol ;)

It is in fact an RP Puro Cubano!!!

Sorry, just had to inject some humor there. Excellent observations about this stick, Alex

I think this is my favorite game on the forum, most of the time, when i try a cigar I've not had before, i've already read reviews and will subconsciously, at least look for the characteristicss that have already been reported, but in this game you get a completely objective opinion!

Next ...................... :)

• Options
    Man, I want to play this game again :-) It was so much fun taking such detailed notes about a cigar because you had no idea what it was... And it really worked out well for me because the 1666 that Ross sent me has set me off on a tailspin of smoking those puppies... It was like magic... Literally, the day after I smoked it and loved it, CI had a DD on 10 Pirate 1666 for $30... and I couldn't help but buy 20 of them!!!
  • Options
    dammmit!!! frigga fraggin....... 0/3 EPIC FAIL :D Tat, i am waitin on your review!
  • Options
    Alex Williams:
    dammmit!!! frigga fraggin....... 0/3 EPIC FAIL :D Tat, i am waitin on your review!
    Heading up to northern michigan for a vaca - I'll hopefully be able to get to cigar A tuesday afternoon!