Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto No.5 right now, pretty good!
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    Diamond Crown Maximus Robusto No.5 right now, pretty good!
    Stupid wind knocked this guy on the ground 2/3 of the way through... it still survived but I was pissed...

Good thing though is that the local shop by work called and left me a message that a shipment of OpusX came in!!! All in all I'd say it's a wash
  • Options
    dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    Ended up having the mb3. So tonight by default will have the Olivia v.
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Padilla Achilles Robusto.
  • Options
    Gurkha Sherpa. My first Gurkha ever, so far so good. One of my favorites already.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Cigar_Samurai:
    Steer clear of the little "Anomaly" though. Little dudes burn hot as hell, no chance to taste the flavor through the tongue bite.
    I disagree. My first Series "A" was the Anomaly, and it smoked and tasted wonderful. In fact, I think the smaller size format makes this one quite a firecracker. I find that smaller cigars just have to be given a bit more patience, they have a lot to offer to those who have the patience for it.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Smoking an RP Edge... I love the nutty flavors in these.... very almond like... Not a fantastic smoke, but always a consistant good one...
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    rusirius:
    Smoking an RP Edge... I love the nutty flavors in these.... very almond like... Not a fantastic smoke, but always a consistant good one...

Here, here. Edge is one of my go-to sticks...not a bad price and very tasty nuttiness...not fantastic, but, like you said, consistent.
  • Options
    Looking to hopefully smoke another cigar tonight... maybe a Matasa 30th...
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406

Yesterday was a Padilla Miami. I thoroughly enjoyed this smoke. Slightly spicy with a great draw and construction and lots of smoke. Also had a Legends Matasa - my favorite of the line.

Today was a RP Double Maduro Torpedo - this is a great smoke with outstanding flavor. Tonight was an Alec Bradley Harvest Selection 97 - this is a solid smoke and a great value. Just bought a bunch on bid and I believe it will become one of my everyday smokes.

• Options
    Agree with JOz - I like the little smokes a bunch and usually do one on my way in to the office in the morning. Some of my favorites are the Hemingway Short Story, RP vintages (2nds), Reserva Maxima Petite Coronas, 5 Vegas Miami Petite Coronas, Camacho 1962 Perfectos and CAO VR Mural.
  • Options
    Zoom - what did you think of this one . Like Padillas and was thinking of picking a few up.
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    Lassy - It's gotten luke-warm reviews on here, but I really liked the Matasa. I had the toro. I'm not sure what size is included in COTM, which is where I believe most people picked it up.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    CAO black out by the fire.
  • Options
    ScramblerScrambler Posts: 746 ✭✭
    I just lit a Gurkha Titan. My first. So far it won't burn straight.

Thinking about grabbing a Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale to go with it.

Oh, and PTFTW. Its page 100, I had to.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Scrambler:
    I just lit a Gurkha Titan. My first. So far it won't burn straight.

Thinking about grabbing a Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale to go with it.

Oh, and PTFTW. Its page 100, I had to.
    smoke a centurian. ... this is the centurian page.

nor correct usage of the word? oh well... still smoke one
  • Options
    I just finished up with a Gran Habano #5 Corojo, in the Gran Robusto flavor. This is my second one and I'm just in love with this cigar, just stellar from the first puff to the last drag on the nub some 2 hours later. This one is most certainly a keeper.
  • Options
    I gave up on the Titan about halfway in. I kept waiting for the flavor to develop, but it didn't. Seems it was burning quickly too, 30 mins and it was half gone. I would have expected a stick that size to burn slower. Oh well, I have 5 more. I'll give it another shot sometime.

For now I'm gonna light up a La Aurora 1495 Cameroon 1994.
  • Options

Montecristo Media Noche

This one must of been a churchill from size...but damn, it had a huge ring size, one of the biggest ive ever had, had to be 56 or so.

Back on point though, great burn, even burn, great draw.  As for taste...somewhat interesting.  From the light to the first inch, i was disappointed.  It tasted like watered down coffee, maybe not water, but, almost like it was just air with a few pieces of scent from coffee grounds.  Past that though, taste began to develop fairly well, and i was happier with it, the coffee taste began to develop further, and about midstick hazelnut showed up.  That taste stayed constant into the final third of the cigar where a toasty taste came in.

Overall, not a bad cigar, probably wouldnt include it in a regular rotation, but, it was ok as it progressed.  I think one thing i was fascinated about was that id never had a maduro wrapped stick that was so mild.  Normally when i smoke a maduro, it has some spice, some kick, this felt like maybe a notch up from a mild, but not a medium bodied by any means.

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    I think I had the same experience with the Titan, Scram, re burning surprisingly fast.

I've got myself on a very strict rationing regime with those LA 1495 C 1994's you sent me. With them being discontinued, I want to make them last. I've started to buy some more a few times, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Why pay to fall further in love with something that soon will be completely unavailable?

I did enough of that in junior high school.
  • Options
    urbino:
    Why pay to fall further in love with something that soon will be completely unavailable?

I did enough of that in junior high school.
    lol, how many of them do you have? The UPS man brought me a box and a half this evening.
  • Options
    I think you sent me 4, and I've smoked one. I'm no mathlete like doody, but I'm pretty sure that means I have 3 left.
  • Options
    urbino:
    I think you sent me 4, and I've smoked one. I'm no mathlete like doody, but I'm pretty sure that means I have 3 left.
    Jeebus man, make like it's Y2K and start hording. :)
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    I liked it.. not really good at describing them, though. I still like the Obsidian better, this one's a bit milder. It was the weekend special at the place that shares a parking lot with ccom, it's still on sale but no free shipping. CCOM doesn't appear to carry them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Smoked a 5 Vegas 'A' last night, with a glass of Rex Goliath Pinot Noir. Fairly good combo.
  • Options
    I smoked a Cuvee Rouge this afternoon since it has been in the humi for over a month and I have never had one and only one from the Cusano Fam.

Not my cup of tea but it wasn't a bad smoke over all. The descprition for it was earthy, leather and spice. I got little spice, more like tangy. I got some of the leather which is new to my palate as far as smoking cigars. The dominating flavor I had was vegetal, maybe its on my mind because of some wines I've had lately, I don't know. I also had a lemony aftertaste, like a said earlier, tangy. I've got little experiance with the ecuadorian wrappers so the flavors are new to me and with the mixed filler it was really different than my norm. The Construction was great but I had a small issue with a consistantly uneven burn.

Since I tend to smoke lghter cigars, generally Nics and Cameroon wrappers it was a new flavor profile to at least expand the palate. Overall it wasn't too bad, I wouldn't smoke it all the time but if I wanted a change of pace this could make the list. It may pair well with some of the Zens that I have been drinking lately.

Tomorrow...probably the Graycliff 1666 that keeps calling my name or possibly a Ghurka that is teasing me as well...maybe both, neither of which I have had before. Being a Friday there might be a Beverage with them.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    I like the Cuvee Rouge. You sure thats mixed filler? I don't remember that.
  • Options
    I had a big ol' Camacho '62 torpedo. It was too loose. The flavor was notably different from the perfectos I love so well, but that may have been just a side-effect of the loose roll. Further experimentation required.
  • Options
    madurofan:
    I like the Cuvee Rouge. You sure thats mixed filler? I don't remember that.
    Yeah, that is the description from this site.
  • Options
    rusiriusrusirius Posts: 565 ✭✭
    Just finished off a Fuente Hemingway signature while sitting outside doing some coding... Hell of a way to wrap up a day... Stick out tongue [:P]