Home Trades, Passes and Bombs
Options

Mystery Stick Game

Comments

• Options
    wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    That signature more than made up for any bad stick I've ever had lol it was amazing.
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    yeah, i'm a big fan... that's the only box purchase I have ever made...i'm down to 4 so I may have to look into getting another one
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    just got my package, and western threw in a couple freebies too! thanks man, im doing stick A shortly. "Stick A appeared horribly constructed, and smelled of cat piss and regret. Safe to say, western did as he said he would do, and sent me a white owl" LOL JK
  • Options
    If you don't like stick A I disown you as BORK ;p

the 2 extras have only been in my humi for about 2 weeks so you may wanna rest em.
  • Options
    surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    Alright here goes on Stick A...Well constructed cigar in a toro size, and has a triple cap so I'm thinking a solid premium here. Medium shade to the wrapper, and has the pleasant aroma of a good tobacco. Good draw with lots of creamy smoke that hangs around like an awkward one night stand, but much more enjoyable :) The total burn time was around 1hr 45 minutes, and it is something I definitely have not had before. Creamy smoke has a bit of cedar and subtle sweetness to it. I'm taking a shot in the dark here and saying it's...an Ashton Cabinet Series. Now tell me! lol I want to know what this tasty beast was
  • Options
    Padilla 1932 signature. My absolute favorite stick so far!
  • Options
    Wow I was off lol. That was a fantastic stick though, I am really looking forward to the next one!
  • Options
    Alright I knocked out stick B today. Lighter wrapper than stick A, robusto size, and not bad construction, but not very firm. Good draw with lots of smoke, and a milder stick than I usually go for, but not without some kick from time to time. Good smoke, but it went out on me around 5/8 of the way through, and wasn't the same after I had to relight it. I did a little comparison to some in my humi, and it looked a lot like some Ccom Cuban labels I have in there, and had a similar flavor, so I'm guessing that is what it was. Probably way off. Yet again. lol
  • Options
    Sol Cubano Cuban Cabinet Connecticut
  • Options
    or that. lol. I'll do stick c tonight, hopefully a better guess on that one.
  • Options
    Alright I just finished up the last stick, stick C. It was a figurado with a dark wrapper. It was 5.5 inches with a 52 or 54 ring gauge. I have a few similar sticks in my humi, but I was able to cross them off the list due to small differences in construction. It had a good draw with lots of smoke, but had an irregular burn that I had to fix a couple times. What great flavor though. I have to say, it was a VERY enjoyable smoke, and I'm pretty bummed I only had that one lol. I looked through the entire list of cigars, and now have less of an idea of what it was than when I started lol. So I'm going to guess Matasa 30th anniversary. Now tell me what it really was!
  • Options
    RP double maduro and I'll send you all of em I get. I've decided to ban RP in my humi.
  • Options
    Sounds good to me haha. So now, who wants to be my mystery stick mooch? If you're quick I might get it out today...
  • Options
    Poker_SlobPoker_Slob Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give it a shot sir. PM to you.
  • Options
    Alright it's going to go out either today or tomorrow
  • Options
    So I feel like a huge dumbass right now. I sent the mystery stick package in a Ccom package that was sent to me, and forgot to cross out or rip off the old tag before slapping the new one on. So I spent 5 bucks sending it to myself, and delayed the game. I am resending it, and if someone could post up the facepalm picture, I would really appreciate it :P
  • Options
    Duder2Duder2 Posts: 926
    surfingzeeko:
    So I feel like a huge dumbass right now. I sent the mystery stick package in a Ccom package that was sent to me, and forgot to cross out or rip off the old tag before slapping the new one on. So I spent 5 bucks sending it to myself, and delayed the game. I am resending it, and if someone could post up the facepalm picture, I would really appreciate it :P
    Bwaaahaaahaa! I'm sorry but that's funny right there...
  • Options
    thank you, I amaze myself at times.
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    surfingzeeko:

Im surprised with all the bombs we send around here this doesnt happen more often! But that is Some Freaking Funny S.H.I.T
  • Options
    GadwinDuilGadwinDuil Posts: 474
    Shouldn't the PO notice that the return label says Bethleham, and that you're sending it out from CA - and question you about that? I dunno, that'd seem like a no-no to me, but I'm no highly trained federal government employee like a PO worker :-P
  • Options
    GadwinDuil:
    Shouldn't the PO notice that the return label says Bethleham, and that you're sending it out from CA - and question you about that? I dunno, that'd seem like a no-no to me, but I'm no highly trained federal government employee like a PO worker :-P
    Seriously. I send it, the address on the confirmation says it should be going to denver, and then delivered back to camarillo, CA? I think Newman is my mailman
  • Options
    robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    surfingzeeko:
    that is F-ing priceless... sounds like something I'd do
  • Options
    RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    surfingzeeko:
    GadwinDuil:
    Seriously. I send it, the address on the confirmation says it should be going to denver, and then delivered back to camarillo, CA? I think Newman is my mailman

LOVE NEWMAN!
  • Options
    Damn that's funny. I've been looking daily for a package that you sent to yourself. LOL
  • Options
    Poker Slob:
    Damn that's funny. I've been looking daily for a package that you sent to yourself. LOL
    I sent along some other sticks for your trouble :)
  • Options
    The mystery stick game is alive and well. Michael (surfingzeeko), got the package to me safe and sound, and threw in a 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle and Oliva Connie. Thanks for the bonus. It is quite a brotherhood we have here. All 3 sticks are very similar in size and color. I don't possess a sophisticated palette like some of you old pros, so this will be difficult indeed. I started with Stick A. A very nicely constructed cigar. Started off with a huge amount of pepper through the nose, but mellowed out nicely after a 1/2 inch or so. Next up was a combo of cedar and leather, that stayed til the half way point, where it turned into leather with a very light hint of coffee. It stayed like this with a slight bit of pepper here and there until the end. A medium-full cigar all the way through. My guess on stick a was between a Padilla Miami and a MOW. I will have to say it was a Padilla Miami. How far off was my guess? Only surfingzeeko knows.
  • Options
    That was actually a gran habano vintage 2002. Hope you like the next one!
  • Options
    Stick B pre-light was very similar to the first. Dark brown wrapper, firm in the hand. Construction was good, but not great. Kinda a light sweet barnyard smell to the foot. The draw was decent, and the burn was good. No touching up was needed. It started out with a little pepper through the nose, and a slightly grassy taste. After an inch and a half or so, it switched to light leather with a long dry finish. It never really changed after that. This is a very tough stick to guess...but here is my guess, as wrong as it may be, A Fernandez Siggy.
  • Options
    That was a San Cristobal. Now for the final cigar!
  • Options
    Damn it! I love the San Cristobal. Although I have only had the pigtail, that is one of my faves. Next smoke coming up soon.