Home Cigar 101

Humidor plan!

2»

Comments

• interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    The more I look at the digital Hygrometers the more I realize how ugly they are LOL... Does anyone know of a nice looking digital with perhaps a brass bezel or whatever to prevent me from junking up my humi with a plastic hygrometer?
  • bigbgballzbigbgballz Posts: 283
    interpim:
    The more I look at the digital Hygrometers the more I realize how ugly they are LOL... Does anyone know of a nice looking digital with perhaps a brass bezel or whatever to prevent me from junking up my humi with a plastic hygrometer?
    Not the nicest but way more acurate than the regular ones ,i wouldnt trust them. Get yourself the oasis or any active humidifier plus beads and then you are set, then you can add one of the regular hygrometers just for looks!
    Please post progress photos of this project,very excited!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get the analog and place it on the outside as planned. they DO look good. calibrate it the best you can.

on the inside where nobody sees put the digital.

best of both worlds.
  • surfingzeekosurfingzeeko Posts: 628
    kuzi16:
    get the analog and place it on the outside as planned. they DO look good. calibrate it the best you can.

on the inside where nobody sees put the digital.

best of both worlds.
    +1
  • MrMokeMrMoke Posts: 321 ✭✭
    interpim:

Actually there is an 'electronic analog' hygro available, that looks as pretty as a regular brass bezelled analog. I'll try and find the URL for it.

• hardbuckhardbuck Posts: 14
    Hey Robert! You finish this thing yet? I was thinking about crafting one myself and was pretty bummed when there wasn't a pic at the end of this thread.
    Also, are you planning doing the mitres on a mitre saw or 45 degrees router bid on a table?Thanks!
  • Smoke=FireSmoke=Fire Posts: 692 ✭✭✭
    MrMoke:
    interpim:

Actually there is an 'electronic analog' hygro available, that looks as pretty as a regular brass bezelled analog. I'll try and find the URL for it.

Try this.

Also, if you plan on putting a digital inside, than perhaps this might serve you better. I always like the look on an analog better, and the accuracy (as they claim) seems to be improved, so you can use it as a quick visual on when you need to check the digital. ;)
  • beautiful......u gtta post the finishing pics
  • shawtdshawtd Posts: 72
    I hope he posts in-process pics. Would love to see this thing come to life over time. Good luck man!
  • interpiminterpim Posts: 146
    sorry to disappoint everyone :/ I have been fairly busy the past couple of years, and haven't had a chance to do this build LOL
    I'm headed to sea soon for quite a few months, and honestly won't be able to do any woodworking until at least next year
    I still do have aspirations of building a nice humidor, but I'm not sure I can justify building one this large.
    I have 2 fairly decent sized humi's now, and haven't been able to fill them up yet.
    I look forward to building my own, but for now will have to hold off for a bit.

Thanks for the patience and interest

-Robert
  • T.J. ArmstrongT.J. Armstrong Posts: 256
    interpim:
    Hi guys... one of my hobbies is woodworking, and I have plans to build a humidor for myself once I get my house settled in Virginia.  I worked on the design today, and here is what I have...

It's 18" Wide 18" Deep and 24" Tall.
    The trays inside are about 16" x 15" and are just about 2" deep.  There is quite a bit of room underneath for boxes and humidification stuff... and of course I could always leave a drawer or two out to make more room for boxes when I start to get more into my collection. 

How many cigars do you think this will hold?

Interpim, wow! That is a heck of a sketch up. I just looked at your link to your projects, amazing! I am with some many of these brothers, truly envious of your talents in your hobby. Nice work, can't wait to see you post the pics of the finished project once you get around to it after the move.
  • bocard66bocard66 Posts: 6
    NICE...looks great ! Hope it works out for ya...I a cabinet about half that size that holds 200 cigars easy
  • BigshizzaBigshizza Posts: 15,644 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That will be a fun project to tackle! Look forward to seeing the pics as your project unfolds!! Take care out there on your deployment.