Home Non Cigar Related

Favorite Crappy Beer?

sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
I only ask because a friend of mine prefers to drink room-temperature Busch Light.

I've been known to drink the occasional Rolling Rock.

Comments

• LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    Hmmmm... This is a tough one....
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    Lasabar:
    Haha, I think most of the board has a pretty good idea of yours.
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    PBR tops the list, with Natty Lite a close second.
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    sightunseen:
    Lasabar:
    Haha, I think most of the board has a pretty good idea of yours.
    'Tis True.... 'tis true
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    crappy? not sure if its crappy.... but it is cheap:
    Honey brown

even better on tap. WAY better on tap.
  • Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Lions head If you can find it. They even have little puzzles under the caps that are fun to solve.
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Lions head If you can find it. They even have little puzzles under the caps that are fun to solve.
    That sounds fun. There's a cheap beer called Session Lager that's available in my area. Underneath the cap is a drawing of either a rock, paper, or scissors.
  • I second that.  I always end up with a Keystone Light in my hand(s) somehow...not great but drinkable.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Ew, man. I can't stand Keystone Light. Some of my German friends agree, too. It's bubbly piss water. For me, my favorite crap beer is Miller
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    back in the "day" Natty Light or Keystone would have been my drink of choice then before I learned about REAL Bier I would have said Miller Lite...
  • wwesternwwestern Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭
    When I think crappy beer I think massive produced beer you can find anywhere, and of that I'd say miller lite's my favorite.
    wwestern:
    When I think crappy beer I think massive produced beer you can find anywhere, and of that I'd say miller lite's my favorite.
    You and Lassie will become very good friends.
  • Alex WilliamsAlex Williams Posts: 1,515
    doromath:
    exactly what i was gonna say
  • TatuajeVITatuajeVI Posts: 2,378
    doromath:
    Yes to PBR. The only crappy beer worth drinking! You're crazy if you think I'm going to agree with Natty Lite - I'd rather drink Colt .45 over that garbage!
  • vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    Tecate with a lime...tastes like water to me
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

Honey Brown on tap is just off the hook, in fact, I like most of the stuff JW Dundee puts out but it is pretty hard to find in So. Cal. I have to go all the way to San Diego to find it on tap.
    bandyt09:
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

Honey Brown on tap is just off the hook, in fact, I like most of the stuff JW Dundee puts out but it is pretty hard to find in So. Cal. I have to go all the way to San Diego to find it on tap.
    honey brown is great. have a liquer store close to my house that stocks it.
  • babsdpubabsdpu Posts: 143
    Oh man, Honey Brown! College flashback!!!
    I'd say any of the Bud/Miller/Lite incarnations because I can't really tell the difference between any of them...they're all equally bad.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Miller Lite fo sho (enjoying one right now actually), although I don't really consider it crappy, just mass produced. I really enjoy a wide variety of craft beers and imports, but don't have a problem with ol' Miller Lite as my "go-to" (to borrow a BORK term).

Now, for a pretty cheap crappy beer, I'd go with either Natty Light or Busch heavy.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    vegassparky:
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    MGD
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    Meister Brau by Miller. I think they quit making it. (Remember Eddie in Christmas Vacation?) Drank it years ago when it was dirt cheap, (no wonder), and it was all I could afford.
  • docedwardsdocedwards Posts: 319
    One more comes to mind and this one will tell my age. Malt Duck brewed by Heileman for about 20 years beginning in the early '70's. Actually a malt liquor. They made it in apple and grape, which I drank a lot of. May have been other flavors but not sure.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    in college, i drank beast and beast ice and every once in a while, for a treat, black label.

/shudder
    Heavy:
    vegassparky:
    You ever had one with salt? i.e. either salt the rim of a glass like a margarita or if you're drinking a can, just shove the top into a container of kosher salt then sqeeze lime all over the top. It ain't bad. Then again, I guess if you add a bunch of salt and lime to just about anything it will taste half-way decent!
    yep done that in the can. and the lime adds flavor...kinda like lemon in water.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    I drank out a bars supply of Schlitz in Ely, Nevada. Took me two nights and thats the only time I've seen it. PBR is good enough too.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    kuzi16:
    Honey brown

I have always liked Honey Brown. They had some of the best commercials back in there day. Obey the Beer God!
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    Bud Light....Now as everyone is lighting their flame throwers.....It is my "favorite" "crappy" beer....but then lifes to effin short to drink crapy beer.....matter of fact im drinking some imperial stout....
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Fat Tire ...not crappy by any stretch of the imagination ... time to re-load thr fridge !
  • SmokeeeSmokeee Posts: 220
    Coors/Miller/Bud Light... and in that prefered order