Home Non Cigar Related

Hunters

Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
Any other hunters out there?

Comments

• vegassparkyvegassparky Posts: 365
    yes sir! leave to find my dream buck october 1st.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    I got tags in PA and TX this year, want to find a good spot to shoot some coyotes though. I've got the itch like crazy.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I could hook you up with a hog hunt in East TX sometime probably, but not sure about coyotes. I could ask around and see though.
    only got a buck tag in the draw here. I go pig hunting every year in AZ. Mostly bow hunt.
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    I'd like to learn how to hunt lol. Only things I've shot at were paper targets with an M16A2, Glock 22, M249, and M2 50 cal. Always wanted to hunt down a deer or some ducks.
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:
    I got tags in PA and TX this year, want to find a good spot to shoot some coyotes though. I've got the itch like crazy.
    We got some coyotes over here in western PA hard to find but people around here will get a kill I have only seen one and I was driving I guss I could of pulled over and shot it
    Duck season is opening here too. the area i drew out is got some good duck hunting. probably gonna do some duck shooting too.
    lots of coyotes here. just not into it. Nevada is opening up a bear season next year. that has me soooo excited.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Alex Svenson:
    TONS of Coyotes in western Virginia. They will pay YOU $50 a head for them also.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    We are getting Coyotes all the way up here in the suburbs of Cleveland. My friend has been trapping them for the past few years up here. But on the hunting part of this I am pretty bummed that this is going to be the first year in the last 10 that I will not be out there opening day deer hunting. Since I started this new job I have no vacation days yet. But I will be out there on the weekend and I will be trying to get out with the bow. I am just glad that we dont need to draw tags here in ohio we just go get them.

Well to all the other hunters out there, Happy Hunting and be safe.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Coyotes are not my main thing. Every year I try to take a few deer. I love upland birds too. Tried black bear for the first time this year and have tried Africa a few times. If money were limitless I think I would move to Africa lol. That was amazing hunting. Don't know why the predator hunt itch hit me. Just fun getting out there with frends, a bottle of whisky and a rifle I guess. Boy that sounds like a recipe for an accident.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    I hunt deer and birds (pheasant, etc.) though not turkey. Coyotes are all over place here in western PA and we've seen then when deer hunting. Last season, a guy we hunt with watch a flock of turkey run off three coyotes who were trying to get some of the younger turkeys.
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Come on up to Colorado. Elk, Deer, Speed goats, Gease, Ducks, Phesants, Grouse, coyotes...... pretty much anything you want to kill. And yes, im a addict...... errr, i ment hunter.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Big time shooter, but never been much into hunting. I am, however, on a mission to wipe out the tree rat population in my neighborhood.
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Alex Svenson:
    Coyotes are not my main thing. Every year I try to take a few deer. I love upland birds too. Tried black bear for the first time this year and have tried Africa a few times. If money were limitless I think I would move to Africa lol. That was amazing hunting. Don't know why the predator hunt itch hit me. Just fun getting out there with frends, a bottle of whisky and a rifle I guess. Boy that sounds like a recipe for an accident.
    My Uncle just got back from his second hunt in Africa a few weeks ago. He loves it and I hate him a little more each time I see his pictures. This time he got himself an Elephant and a Lion. Those arent the only things but those were the big highlights. I wish I could do a hunt over there.
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    Hey Vegas where are you hunting? I got 065, cant wait till the 5th!
  • One2gofstOne2gofst Posts: 583
    I love hunting. I want to get down to Tejas and do some serious hog blasting. probably have to wait a couple years though. :(
  • jship079jship079 Posts: 621
    Alex Svenson:

we have a camp just outside of Kane pa black bear central every year they set records up there 500lb blacks are normal I cant hunt any more but a smokefest is in order not gaurenteeing a bear there hard to get even when there every were
  • I Love me some Hunting !!! Going to get into Duck and Turkey this year....as for coyotes we shoot them in my buddies back yard. We have seen his entire field filled with them which seemed to be way to many for one pack but it was like shooting fish in a barrel
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    I am big into hunting ................ less than a month away and bow season starts and i'll be out in the woods and then rifle and muzzle loader season sneak up ....... and no official coyote season but when we see em they get the business end of the 06
  • Nick2021Nick2021 Posts: 938 ✭✭
    I'm a big time hunter in TX...mainly ducks and upland game. To support this addiction, I do taxidermy on the side when my military job doesn't require a deployment...kind've what supports the unecessary spending lol Now, I'm worried about my hunting money going to cigars....gotta be careful when I get back and practice restraint!
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Alex Svenson:
    You're an IL resident and you don't have your home tags? For shame, Alex........ You need to get your tags for next year and come down to S. IL with me. Too bad you couldn't come this year. They say it's the first time in about 15 years that the rutting season coincides with opening day. And my trail cam has been sighting some big boys!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • ScottTDawgScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    I used to deer and squirrel hunt when I was younger. Gradually got out of that. When I met my wife 10 years ago, found out the guys in her family are HUGE duck hunters. Never having hunted duck, I was invited to the night before opening 'festivities' for a couple of years. Eventually got some gear and my Father-in-law insisted I use his gun. LOVE IT! I think a lot of it is the camaraderie. I shoot a lot, only get a few...but that's improving (My first opening I went through 50 shells in 45 minutes, got a couple duck. I still get kidded about it but it's all in fun). Still have a great time. This year tho we're supposed to have major river flooding opening weekend. Don't know how that will impact things.
    ug dan:
    Hey Vegas where are you hunting? I got 065, cant wait till the 5th!
    wow 65...you should bag a monster there. i got 131. i wont be as cold as you.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Mostly target shooting really, never been hunting for game. My dad was a sniper back in the day and taught me how to shoot.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    $50 for coyote in WV? Do you need a license? and are crossbows legal down there? I am heading down there in a few weeks maybe I will see if I can bag a few. Also is there a limit?
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    I've hunted terrorist before before does that count? lol
  • ug danug dan Posts: 375
    131, my best friend works out at that giant sculpture they're building out there. He says he's seen some real toads out there. Good luck to you!
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    I hunt Cougars... So far..... 0 kills
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I was out looking at a house in the country I might buy, saw 2 coyotes on the way out there, and 2 more while walking the property.