Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    To re-align all the cosmic forces after doody's bad experience, I finished the night with a Padilla 68 torpedo. Excellent. And, btw, I was so astonished by the Monte White's endurance that I failed to mention that it has the best pre-light taste and smell of any cigar I can remember. And the wrapper was so silky I sorta wanted to rub my po-po with it.

All in all, it was just a great day. Great cigars. Great weather. Great sports. Happy for Vandy. Tickled pink that my Dodgers finally look like the Dodgers again, after 20 years in the wilderness. Just a terrific day.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Wow Urbi! Cap the night with a naked woman and your day would be just damn near perfect! haha
  • Options
    Oh, thanks for putting it all in perspective, PF.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had the Perdomo Reserve Champagne today. It was one of the first connecticut wrapped cigars that I enjoyed. However around the last inch to inch and half it started to get hot and harsh. Can't complain though. Got about 50 good minutes out of it.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Today was kind of an "eh" type cigar day for me. I was going to try a Rocky Patel Connecticut early on, but when I clipped it the whole head exploded, well not literally, and I didn't feel like holding the wrapper together the entire time I smoked it...so that went away and I settled down with a 5 Vegas Classic robusto, not much to be said about that one that hasn't already been said. I just came in after finishing about half of a ccom Red label churchill. This is the "eh" part, I just didn't like this cigar...the only predominant flavor I picked up on was ashes..and maybe a slight bit of pepper through the nose. This one just didn't do anything for me and I laid it down after I'd had enough.
  • Options
    Sorry to hear it, j0z3r. At least you got one good one in there.

I'm gonna go smoke this rich-looking, locally-rolled torpedo that sdip sent me in our trade.
  • Options
    Well, ya win some and ya lose some. I'm not too upset, I didn't actually pay for any of them. :)
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    I had the edge by RP corojo. ive never been impressed by this cigar but ive never disliked it either. I guess that why i keep buying them.
  • Options
    LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Lassy on another road trip, when will he learn ? Let's have a contest to see what horror story the poor guy tells upon his return. It sounds bad and he hasn't even left the state yet. Hey wait, two hours south, he's coming to my house !
    Not Quite! But I did flirt with the border, I was in Twin Lakes, WI and Lake Geneva, WI
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:
    Unfortunately the wedding consists of people I don't know and it's in an area I've never been too...

Good luck! Watch the Miller Light intake around people you don't know...might just end up on the wrong end of a pitchfork...or even scarier, the right end.
    No, no one of her friends is Gay...
  • Options
    Hey, sdip, you out there? This local stogie you sent me was darn tasty. It wasn't terribly eager to burn, but as long as I showed it sufficient attention, it was a good smoke.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I hope you all enjoy your smokes tonight, I'm sitting at work dreaming about what I could be smoking if I was at home... I've got a RP Vintage 1999 that I've had resting for about a year... or one of my La Flor Dominicas... mmmm...
  • Options
    sdipsdip Posts: 406
    Glad you enjoyed it
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    After my debacle on Saturday with the Padilla, I wanted something trustworthy tonight. I had one of the locally-rolled cigars from my B&M with an Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper. It's a torpedo, about 6.25x52. The construction on these cigars is absolutely amazing. It ashed twice over its full length, and burned so even the whole way you'd think it was just cut. I liked the flavor of the robusto (5.25x52) a bit better, but this one was still spectacular. If they weren't so damn pricey, I'd buy a bunch to keep on hand as my everyday smoke. I don't think they sell a whole lot of these at the shop, because for their price point, all the uppity snobs at the shop like to have something with a label. That's OK, though.. it's more for me :)
  • Options
    zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Had my first CAO Criollo tonight. Nice spicy little gem. Only ashed once, great construction. A near perfect burn. Only had one, came in the CAO sampler.
  • Options
    Tonight I finally tried a Gran Habano #3, or 3 Siglos as they seem to be better known as. I went with the Gran Robusto size as I really liked that size in the #5 Corojo. And wow, what an awesome cigar, I liked this one as much as, if perhaps not a bit more than, the #5, and if you guys recall what I've posted about the #5, I really, really like that cigar a lot. Those boys at Gran Habano really know how to make a damn fine cigar.
  • Options
    I wanted to have a Punch tonight... but I'll be damned if the Girlfriend was about to let that happen, we were planning on playing darts, drinking, and smoking... but then her back hurt, she had a headache and she then all-of-a-sudden didn't feel good... blah!

Maybe tomorrow
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    I wanted to have a Punch tonight... but I'll be damned if the Girlfriend was about to let that happen, we were planning on playing darts, drinking, and smoking... but then her back hurt, she had a headache and she then all-of-a-sudden didn't feel good... blah!

Maybe tomorrow
    Stick a Camacho Corojo in her mouth (and no, that's not a euphemism) and tell her to suck it up and be a man. :)
  • Options
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:

Maybe tomorrow
    Stick a Camacho Corojo in her mouth (and no, that's not a euphemism) and tell her to suck it up and be a man. :)
    I REALLY don't want to tell my girlfriend to be a man...
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:

Maybe tomorrow
    Oh yeah...that might not work out so well...:D
  • Options
    dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    j0z3r:
    Tonight I finally tried a Gran Habano #3, or 3 Siglos as they seem to be better known as. I went with the Gran Robusto size as I really liked that size in the #5 Corojo. And wow, what an awesome cigar, I liked this one as much as, if perhaps not a bit more than, the #5, and if you guys recall what I've posted about the #5, I really, really like that cigar a lot. Those boys at Gran Habano really know how to make a damn fine cigar.
    Hey Jozer -

Gran Habano (currently) makes 4 blends:

1. Connecticut #1
    2. Habano #3
    3. Corojo #5
    4. 3 Siglos

So the Habano #3 and the 3 Siglos are different cigars.
  • Options
    Lasabar:
    j0z3r:
    Lasabar:

Maybe tomorrow
    How bout, "Take your panties off and out on some boxers!" Women wearing boxers can be pretty hot!!!!!
  • Options
    I started a Nub Connecticut Torpedo this morning. I had to put it out when I got back to work. When I went back to it at lunch it was really harsh for the first 10 - 15 minutes. After that, it was back to normal. Near the last inch it got really hot and a little harsh again. Gonna smoke something tonight but not sure what. I may take a break after tonight till Saturday. I have to drive to Gettysberg which is like a 4 hour trip. I'm guessing I'll smoke 2 each way. I need time to prepare for that!
  • Options
    LCarLCar Posts: 57

I smoked a Nub Habano last night. I've had a few Nubs, and I'm really not quite sure if I really like them or not, as odd as it sounds. I mean, I don't hate them, I smoke them, I don't let them go out...but I'm not sure if I really like them. I will have to try some more and decide on that later.

Tonight I think I might have to go with a 5 Vegas Gold that I was going to have a while back. I ended up with the RP '92 that night...So I think the vegas gold will be tonight.

• Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    The Gran Habano 3 Siglos is one of my favorites. I prefer the Gran Rubosto size as well. It can't be beat for every reason I enjoy a cigar..Near full bodied , great taste, spicy,perfect construction and burn and a nice price..This ones got it all.. I could smoke the Siglos every day. Try it, you'll like it ! But, don't tell anyone or they will be hard to find. :}
  • Options
    dutyje:
    j0z3r:
    Hey Jozer -

Gran Habano (currently) makes 4 blends:

1. Connecticut #1
    2. Habano #3
    3. Corojo #5
    4. 3 Siglos

So the Habano #3 and the 3 Siglos are different cigars.
    To which I reply: Hmm.....

In any event, I had the 3 Siglos, checked the band to be sure. For some reason I thought they were one and the same, but I guess the #3 Habano has a black band. Interesting indeed.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Scrambler:
    j0z3r:
    Certainly one of the highlights of my cigar smoking career thus far. Many thanks Scramblin' man.
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. Quite the opposite of the Perdomo Lot 23, it sounds like you had a better experence with this one than I did. I've only smoked one, and it was ok, but didn't grab me. You're the 3rd person I've given one to that loved it though, so I need to pull another one out and try it. I figured the problem had to just be that I was distracted, so I bought another box that'll stay sealed for quite a while, but I've got a handful loose.
    Hey Scrambler, I have one of your 1495/1994 in my humidor and have wanted to try it several times, but that cigar just looks so great, I don't want to burn it. Now that I am thinking about it, I feel it is soon be be smoke ! I shall let 'ya know. Thanks in advance.
    Scrambler.. That 1495 1994 La Aurora was off the hook ! It was one of the best cigars I've had in a while, the taste was leathery and earthy, burned nice and slow. The cigar starts out strong but seems to mellow as you get into it, kind of different than I'm use too. It took an hour and thirty minutes to reach the end of this fine smoke. I do have to order a few more of these because it was great. C.com has 'em for twelve bucks but they are worth it. If anyone finds these, give them a try as I believe they will please. Thanks Scram.. this was a great find.
  • Options
    See, I told you this would happen, kas.

I had a Graycliff Original Release 1997 (or something like that) last night. The last one of these I had left my mouth very ashy-tasting, so I haven't had one in a while. This one was back to the yumminess I experienced with the first few.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    NOTHING...I have smoked nothing and it's driving me crazy. I've been so daggum busy. I read this everyday and my mouth usually waters but I have reason to celebrate this week so I will need to make some time to relax and smoke.
  • Options
    Yes, do that, Andy. Life is too short.