Home General Discussion

Cigar of the month club

Hey this is my first post.

I wanted to find out what people thought of the cigar of the month club. I didn't know if it was a "We give you good stuff at first then hope you don't notice".

All thoughts welcome.

Comments

• cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    It's worth every penny.
  • RedtailhawkozRedtailhawkoz Posts: 2,915
    rossdavey2:

Hey this is my first post.

I wanted to find out what people thought of the cigar of the month club. I didn't know if it was a "We give you good stuff at first then hope you don't notice".

All thoughts welcome.

Welcome to the Boards! We are a Bunch of Misfits with Severe Cigar Obbsessions....... The Cigar of the Month Club is a Great way to get Cigars that You may not ever get a chance to Try or cant buy elsewhere. You get 10% discount on all orders from CCOM. Your First Order IS DOUBLE. It will give you Some cigars that you will want to trade off in some of the games on here when you have been a round for a bit.
    ENjoy the ride and Again WElcome to the Forums!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I am not a member of the COTMC, but have been around while so I can safely say that most people seemed to be very pleased with sticks they receive.

"Long ashes my friends."

• NYHCx516xNYHCx516x Posts: 728
    I am a member of the very awesome COTM club. Its worth every penny and then some. The sticks are great every month. Every one is quality... no low end stuff. Even if its the rare stick you dont like, its not low end, so... as stated, someone on the board will trade you for it.

The other big plus... 10% off of almost everything you purchase from ccom. That... adds up. You even get the 10% off the already insane low Daily Deal prices. You just cant beat it.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    In the year that I've had it there has only been two times that I was disappointed in what was sent. The other 10 or so were fantastic. It will definitely introduce you to sticks/brands you've never tried, or aren't likely to try. The discount is great, and more than pays for itself if you buy with any regularity. Overall I am very happy with it.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979

Thanks everyone.

Also I was thinking of trying a mild-med body cigar for my mornings. I only just started ordering my cigars online. Untill now its been my local B+M. Most of what I smoked before was fuller bodied. I'm looking for a good everyday cigar that won't break the bank, and help me start off my day.

• ironhorseironhorse Posts: 469
    5 Vegas Classic is a good one. La Aurora is a good one. The CAO gold that is on the daily deal right now is a decent one and the Nub Conneticut is a good one. Also, I love the cigar of the month club. I have never been disappointed with any of the orders as a whole, and I think there was maybe 3 sticks out of the 30 sticks that I have gotten that I didn't like.
  • illinoisgolf99illinoisgolf99 Posts: 1,507
    ironhorse:
    5 Vegas Classic is a good one. La Aurora is a good one. The CAO gold that is on the daily deal right now is a decent one and the Nub Conneticut is a good one. Also, I love the cigar of the month club. I have never been disappointed with any of the orders as a whole, and I think there was maybe 3 sticks out of the 30 sticks that I have gotten that I didn't like.
    +1, the 5 Vegas classic is a great stick, and the cao gold is great in a maduro too, gives it a nice sweet kick, and the nub connie is also a good stick.. I have yet to jump on the cigar of the month club but I might just have to
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Guys I was skeptical about the COTMC at first and did not buy it. I got it as a gift and have loved it ever since. Out of the few months that I have had it, there has been only one cigar that I wasn't sure about. Still haven't tried it but I'm actually looking forward to it because I like to try new things.

If you are newer or just want to try something new this is a great way to do that plus save some big $$$ on buying other stuff at CCOM. It really helped out with March Madness, Daily Deals, and a few box splits I did with Tat. If you don't have it and are on the fence I've got two words for you.....DUUUU IT!!!
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Sandman1am:
    Guys I was skeptical about the COTMC at first and did not buy it. I got it as a gift and have loved it ever since. Out of the few months that I have had it, there has been only one cigar that I wasn't sure about. Still haven't tried it but I'm actually looking forward to it because I like to try new things.

If you are newer or just want to try something new this is a great way to do that plus save some big $$$ on buying other stuff at CCOM. It really helped out with March Madness, Daily Deals, and a few box splits I did with Tat. If you don't have it and are on the fence I've got two words for you.....DUUUU IT!!!
    +1. I have been a member since I started here. I no longer look forward to the "New" sticks coming that I haven't tried, because I have had the chance to smoke lot's of variety now anyway. What I like about COTMC is that it's like getting a surprise every month, which is sometimes easier then trying to decide what to purchase, what with all the options there are.

I have also saved a TON of money on every order I have placed with C.COM because of the 10% off everything else you purchase. You really can't lose. And the sticks are NOT dog rockets or cheap ****, they are quality sticks and ALWAYS cheaper then buying a single stick of any of the sticks included in that months selection.
    laker1963:
    Sandman1am:

+1. I have been a member since I started here. I no longer look forward to the "New" sticks coming that I haven't tried, because I have had the chance to smoke lot's of variety now anyway. What I like about COTMC is that it's like getting a surprise every month, which is sometimes easier then trying to decide what to purchase, what with all the options there are.

I have also saved a TON of money on every order I have placed with C.COM because of the 10% off everything else you purchase. You really can't lose. And the sticks are NOT dog rockets or cheap ****, they are quality sticks and ALWAYS cheaper then buying a single stick of any of the sticks included in that months selection.
    Doug you should let it run out. Serious as the day is long I got a cupon that is down right redonkuliouis to renew the COTMC membership. I'm in for a few boxes now!!!! I love it.
  • gdsim1gdsim1 Posts: 213
    rossdavey2:

Thanks everyone.

Also I was thinking of trying a mild-med body cigar for my mornings. I only just started ordering my cigars online. Untill now its been my local B+M. Most of what I smoked before was fuller bodied. I'm looking for a good everyday cigar that won't break the bank, and help me start off my day.

You should give the Ccom Purple Label a shot. Excellent mild that puts off a ton of creamy smokle, and its only gonna cost you $2.50 per stick. I would also suggest trying out a sampler of the CCom blends, as I found some REALLY good smokes in there. And lastly, I would definitely recommend the Cigar of the Month Club! Its a great way to try new things & get a handle on what you like best!

Welcome to the forums!

• JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    Great info here, I'm 99% sure I'm going to join the COTM club. I think I will need to visit the coolerdor thread and construct my own soon, I'll probably run out of room quickly.
    Light 'em up.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    I just joined the COTMC last month(mainly for MOW Armada), and so far I am pleased. I like the newsletter it is good for describing the sticks selected. The 10% discount is great also.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    ShotgunJohn:
    I just joined the COTMC last month(mainly for MOW Armada), and so far I am pleased. I like the newsletter it is good for describing the sticks selected. The 10% discount is great also.

Ditto.... I shamelessly did it for the Armada :). Wonder when it will be showing up, I signed up 2 days ago.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    ShotgunJohn:

Ditto.... I shamelessly did it for the Armada :). Wonder when it will be showing up, I signed up 2 days ago.
    Same here Vinny, though I just signed up today. I'm all for getting as many Armadas as I can for as little as possible. Can't wait for ccom to roll out the 3 for $20 deal.
  • aron325aron325 Posts: 158
    i got 5 for $50 and ill tell ya not regretting it a bit. im letting them all age right now but ill tell ya seeing those in my humi makes me happy lol
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    5 for 50? howd you swing that?
  • robbyrasrobbyras Posts: 5,487
    Jetmech_63:
    ShotgunJohn:

I think I missed this armada deal... If you join you get some kind of armada gift? Is it too late? I'll join today!
  • wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    robbyras:
    Jetmech_63:
    ShotgunJohn:

I think I missed this armada deal... If you join you get some kind of armada gift? Is it too late? I'll join today!
    You get 3 free MoW Armada for signing up on the COTM.
    yeah, i just found it... i think i might have to do that...
  • im stoked just signed up hopefully im not to late and will still get some armadas...anybody know when it usally ships out
    ctremblay187:
    im stoked just signed up hopefully im not to late and will still get some armadas...anybody now when it usally ships out
    I signed up today as well and was told that my stuff would ship on Mon or Tue...
  • looks like im going to join the 10er COTM tomorrow as my personal X-mas gift!
  • robbyras:
    ctremblay187:
    im stoked just signed up hopefully im not to late and will still get some armadas...anybody now when it usally ships out
    I signed up today as well and was told that my stuff would ship on Mon or Tue...
    nice i cant wait...the 10% discount i am finding to be incredible and completely worth it....iduno if im going to sleep tonight lol
  • I signed up Nov. 2nd and my stuff shipped on Friday. It will be here Monday (being 12 am that means today!!sweeeet!!)
  • I have passed to qualitative cheap cigarettes , tobacco turns out more expensively
  • Wtf more spam
    I got mine in today, not sure about the sizes because I had to eyeball them. The Newsletter wasn't included in my order which sucks. I always enjoy reading about each stick why it was picked, flavor profile, etc. The 5 pack is labelled "Dominican Assorted 5 Cigars."

Romeo y Julieta 1875 Churchill
    Romeo y Julieta 1875 Reserva Real Toro
    H. Upmann either a Churchhill or Lonsdale??? This stick is 6" but it's not listed anywhere that I can find.
    Montecristo White Toro
    Montecristo Platinum Vintage 1999 Habana No. 2
    3 MOW Armada 1size fits all
    and a plastic guillotine cutter

Not a bad looking bunch. If I wasn't into mild-med. cigars I would be disappointed with some of them but thats the beauty of this thing, I get to try all new cigars this month. Overall a good value IMO.
  • Hawk55Hawk55 Posts: 846
    I was hoping for something a bit different..I am not into the mild-medium sticks often.