Home Ratings & Reviews

Uncharacteristic lousy pricing

The Custom Sampler used to be one of the best deals on the site. Even though the heading includes Camacho, guess what? There are no Camachos to select! Likewise Ave Marias have been pulled, as have the Diesel Unlimiteds. And no MOW Ruinations either. Come on! Even my 3rd grade daughter can do the math. If you get 10 for 60 bucks, then any pick listing for under $6 is no deal. Yet the list is filled with that price range. Am I nit picky here? This is a turn off in an age of internet price comparisons.

Comments

• stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Probably the wrong thread for this... but I agree I have never used the custom sampler from any site cause I always thought it was kinda not worth it.

• xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    stephen_hannibal:
    Probably the wrong thread for this... but I agree I have never used the custom sampler from any site cause I always thought it was kinda not worth it.

Yeah, same here; there's always a few sticks above the avg $6, but there's never 10 of them. I just buy samplers until I know I like something
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    Unless you want a box or vitola that never comes up on sale it's always cheapest to keep plugging away as the deals and specials are offered. I've never thought the custom sampler had anything that doesn't come up on sale now and then.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    It changes every couple of days. I check it now and then, and I've found 10 sticks over the 5-6 dollar price several times. I've never pulled the trigger because I usually see better deals on the site. Email, DD, etc. Maybe one of these days though.
  • You are better off using the buy 1 get 1 free singles deal right now. I suppose if you are a total cigar/internet newbie and are used to buying at local shops, the sampler still looks like a good deal. It doesn't take long to find the real deals to be had online though. If you buy your smokes from only one site, you are likely going to pay too much. I buy from 4 different sites.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    True - it's the age of the internet; if you aren't price shopping, you're an idiot. That said, there are some places I won't buy from, regardless of the price, just because of the horror stories I've heard about their CS and the way they don't care about their customers satisfaction. Ccom may not always have the best prices, but they typically price-match if you ask, and their CS is second to none, which keeps me coming back
  • xmacro:
    True - it's the age of the internet; if you aren't price shopping, you're an idiot. That said, there are some places I won't buy from, regardless of the price, just because of the horror stories I've heard about their CS and the way they don't care about their customers satisfaction. Ccom may not always have the best prices, but they typically price-match if you ask, and their CS is second to none, which keeps me coming back

Got to love the packing job too. The humidity pack really shows me they care about my cigars. Lots of companies don't do that surprisingly.
  • Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    For the custom sampler we usually allocate our singles into it and because of demand have fallen behind. I will make sure we address that this week to get the selection pumped back up again. On pricing here are two announcements which I was going to hold until they officially roll out but I suppose no harm on letting you guys in on it early.

1. There will be an upcoming weekend blitz where you can make your own for $39.95. We are going to load up the selection as heavy as possible fir the promo but some stuff will go fast so keep your eye out.

2. After the new year we are planning a price reduction on this item. Currently $59.95 for one of $49.95 when you buy 2 or more. New pricing will be $10 less, at $49.95 for one or $39.95 when you buy two or more.

we will continue to try to improve our section always. Thanks for the feedback!!
  • Crazy wiiicckkeeedd awesomeness thanks alex
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    excellent service Alex.
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    HA, thanks Alex, thats cool.

I've used the custom sampler a few times over the years and found it to be a good way to get exactly what I wanted (when available) at a solid price and was always happy with it. Ccom has to manage their excess inventory and I always thought it was a win/win when I found what I was looking for on the custom sampler section. Dropping the price by $10 just makes it even better. And yeah on a side note the buy one get one free singles is freaking great. Love that section.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    I bought the customer sampler back when it was 12 cigars, not 10...before SCHIP, and it seemed to have some decent cigars.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Well, it was good enough to get me to pull the trigger on it this weekend. Got a bunch of cigars I've been wanting to try.