Home Non Cigar Related

First Child On the Way

Well Found out a few weeks ago that wife is pregnant. Had the first ultrasound last Friday. Should be due sometime in early August. I think it will be the perfect occasion for my first Opus X. Got a few that I've been sitting on for a while now so they should be nice and aged by then. On a side note...anyone want to buy a Harley? LoL.

Comments

• fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Congrats man, it is a life changing experience and it gets better when the grand kids arrive
  • bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    Congrats! Enjoy the experience! (I meant the child, not the opus x!) Well, my guess is that you will & should enjoy both greatly!
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Your life will never be the same (in a good way)

"Long ashes my friends."

• undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    In another thread I posted that my wife and I have our 3rd coming and I too have an Opux X that I'm waiting for. The question is do I get you a baby gift now or later. . . hmmmmmm!

Just in case, you might want to make sure your mailbox is stable. . . for now.
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Kids grow up fast man...enjoy every moment of it.
  • Our 1st is in mid Aug. Seems we are in the same boat.
  • DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    Congrats!
  • JimmyCJimmyC Posts: 38
    Congrats! All the best!
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    undulac:
    In another thread I posted that my wife and I have our 3rd coming and I too have an Opux X that I'm waiting for. The question is do I get you a baby gift now or later. . . hmmmmmm!

Just in case, you might want to make sure your mailbox is stable. . . for now.
    Two can play that game my friend. You have been warned...

Thanks for the responses guys. Should be fun and terrifying at the same time. And a perfectly good reason to get all the sticks I can now cause once the kid comes i'm sure it will decrease big time. lol.
  • jsbutcjsbutc Posts: 31
    Congratulations, I have 2 and I think that my first is when I first started smokin cigars more regularly. Went to a cigar shop to buy "It's A Girl" Cigars and walked out with a couple of Gurkhas as well.
  • nikostewartnikostewart Posts: 451
    Congratulations!
  • boydmcgowanboydmcgowan Posts: 1,101
    Congrats man, I totally agree on it being a life changer in a good way.

Our little guy just turned 1 and its been an awesome year. Hectic, but awesome. Just remember though, when your getting zero sleep, and feel like you don't know what the heck your doing no matter what you do, after the first 3 or so months it starts to get fun. That first smile you get from them makes it all worth it. And each additional month after that, the kid will get more and more fun as they develop their own personality.

On a side note, keep the bike. Its way easier to rationalize keeping something you already have than to try to talk the family into a Bike purchase for you, over a family vacation 10 years down the road. haha. At least that was my rationale. But since my wife rides as well, it was an easier sell for me. haha.
    boydmcgowan:
    Congrats man, I totally agree on it being a life changer in a good way.

Our little guy just turned 1 and its been an awesome year. Hectic, but awesome. Just remember though, when your getting zero sleep, and feel like you don't know what the heck your doing no matter what you do, after the first 3 or so months it starts to get fun. That first smile you get from them makes it all worth it. And each additional month after that, the kid will get more and more fun as they develop their own personality.

On a side note, keep the bike. Its way easier to rationalize keeping something you already have than to try to talk the family into a Bike purchase for you, over a family vacation 10 years down the road. haha. At least that was my rationale. But since my wife rides as well, it was an easier sell for me. haha.
    Thanks. I think it will be fun. I'm only trying to sell the bike so I can do some upgrades to the homestead. Including some for me, so it's not all bad. lol
  • Congrats man. Kids are great, my oldest, she turned 11 today, my son is 6 and my little princess is gonna turn 4 in June. They are at the age to play daddies favorite games: load the dishwasher, clean your room, put the clothes in the dryer. Plus my favorite game "It's not half-time, go get daddy a beer". I know, I'm probably a terrible parent, but we eat our meals together as a family.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Congrats bro!!!!!!!!!
  • kingjk729kingjk729 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭
    Congrats on the big announcement !!
    angryman:
    Congrats man. Kids are great, my oldest, she turned 11 today, my son is 6 and my little princess is gonna turn 4 in June. They are at the age to play daddies favorite games: load the dishwasher, clean your room, put the clothes in the dryer. Plus my favorite game "It's not half-time, go get daddy a beer". I know, I'm probably a terrible parent, but we eat our meals together as a family.
    Yea this sounds like me. LOL.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    congratulations
  • The ColonelThe Colonel Posts: 206
    Congrats.. and wishes for happy and healthy future..
  • RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    Congrats on the great news! Before you know it he/she will be here...I know...I'm living the dream. Instead of sticks to get, it will be diapers and wipes. Congrats again.