Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Cigar for Troops...CLOSED

Hey guys I have been meaning to put something together for a few months now for my cousin who has been gone since October. I'm looking to put something together pretty quick here and get it sent out ASAP. Thinking I will keep this open for a week or so.

He is a Platoon Daddy (aka SFC for those of you not w/the Army lingo). They are running supply missions out of Kuwait to and from Iraq. They missed all of the Holidays with their families. My cousin was telling me that 2 of his troops wives had babies already and three more are expecting. There are regular cigar smokers there too.

He was also telling me that there are guys that are not getting anything from home that he can hand stuff out to. It would be a big morale booster for them.

So here's the deal I will send over whatever you guys send to me just keep in mind there are certain things that they can not have like alcohol etc. So far here is what I have. I will try to keep this updated as things come in and take pics. Thanks in advance.

IPOD Nano from NYHCx516x
Big box of candy, soap, t-shirts, socks, and bunch of cigars from ME
lilwing 20 cigars
Nighthawk I think sent a box of La perla Hab and 2 other bags of sticks
Russ55 assortment of 16 cigars matches and cutters
Christian Sapp box of Nica Libres
Raschnuts sent cigars
firetruck644 sent 21 cutters
Joey with his end of the stuff to be sent.

Comments

• t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    I'm in. I'll try to get a package out by the end of the week. Thanks for organizing this. It's a very good cause.
  • hey great cause ill see what i can do, just sent out 2 big bombs so dont have to much but ill try to get something together. Will there another package you will send out?
  • Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    Christian_Sapp:
    hey great cause ill see what i can do, just sent out 2 big bombs so dont have to much but ill try to get something together. Will there another package you will send out?
    I don't know how soon before I send out another package. Usually there are a few different ones that go out over the year. I have just been meaning to get this out since the Holidays and was just procrastinating a bit.
  • Sandman1am:
    Christian_Sapp:
    hey great cause ill see what i can do, just sent out 2 big bombs so dont have to much but ill try to get something together. Will there another package you will send out?
    I don't know how soon before I send out another package. Usually there are a few different ones that go out over the year. I have just been meaning to get this out since the Holidays and was just procrastinating a bit.
    ok so i just ordered a box of nica libres they are being shipped to your house and should get there around monday. Hope that was ok, if not sorry i stepped over the line by sending it to your house.
    Christian_Sapp:
    Sandman1am:
    Christian_Sapp:
    ok so i just ordered a box of nica libres they are being shipped to your house and should get there around monday. Hope that was ok, if not sorry i stepped over the line by sending it to your house.
    Wow very nice of you to do for the troops. That was fine to have them sent here directly. I was thinking about buying a box of CAO Brizilia Gols for myself and now I think instead I will buy something for them to enjoy. Thanks for the idea and your contribution.
  • of course the troops do so much for use and i know many people, including myself, do not give them as much credit they deserve.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Can you pm me your info Sandman?
  • RaschNutsRaschNuts Posts: 882
    PM sandman i need your info.
    Russ and Rasch you have PM's
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    Russ and Rasch you have PM's
    Thanks, and back to you.
    Replied
  • Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    i actually have around 150 sticks myself to send to troops...i havent been able to get it off yet cuz my contact fell through....wana team up on this one? I can ship you all the sticks i got and you can send them overseas..?
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    i actually have around 150 sticks myself to send to troops...i havent been able to get it off yet cuz my contact fell through....wana team up on this one? I can ship you all the sticks i got and you can send them overseas..?
    That is very generious of you Joey. I meant to send you a message because I didn't want to take away from your bomb. That would be awesome of you to do this but I would hate to take cigars away from your intended target.

If you decide to do this, would it make more sense for you to send off these sticks and I could pay for the shipping? Let me know how you would like to work this. Thanks again. Oh and could you include the names of everyone that has contributed so they can be thanked.
  • bandyt09bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tony, let me see what I've got?
  • sandman you have a pm
    If you want to send me the sticks and the addy to your cousin, we can SPLIT the shipping if u want....u dont need to pay for it all. Only one request.......i want to send a few memory sticks over there, or even disposable cameras for the guys to take pics of them smoking so we can put the pics on here......can you cousin accomplish that? like i said, I got a tubaware full plus two ziploc bags full.....as for a list of people, honestly probably cant produce that list cuz i lost it and didnt save emails either...but they know who they are and they are awesome guys
  • Joeyjoe21_8:
    If you want to send me the sticks and the addy to your cousin, we can SPLIT the shipping if u want....u dont need to pay for it all. Only one request.......i want to send a few memory sticks over there, or even disposable cameras for the guys to take pics of them smoking so we can put the pics on here......can you cousin accomplish that? like i said, I got a tubaware full plus two ziploc bags full.....as for a list of people, honestly probably cant produce that list cuz i lost it and didnt save emails either...but they know who they are and they are awesome guys
    i think that would be great to see some pics
    bandyt09:
    Tony, let me see what I've got?
    OK maybe you can send them to Joey if you have anything?
    Christian_Sapp:
    sandman you have a pm
    Replied
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    I will send my cousin an email now to see if he has a digital camera that he can use. If not I think disposable cameras are a great idea. I'm sure he can get photos of them smoking cigars.
    How about if we get anyone on the left coast that hasn't shipped to me yet send you stuff and anyone on this side send to me. One thing I wasn't thinking about was does anyone have cutters and matches?

Thanks guys this is going to hopefully make their stay over in "the suck" at least a little better.
    yeah people can ship to me or yourself...dont matter to myself either way.
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    Sandman you have a pm.
    t_evan50:
    Sandman you have a pm.
    Replied
    I think we should give this the weekend for people to sign up then close it out. I'm thinking on my end the shipping is going to be a little expensive. I'm probably going to send out 2 or 3 boxes.
    yeah im pretty broke...thats why i havent shipped out yet....
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    T, twenty smokes headed your way. Nothing fancy..... quantity over quality. Decent smokes, nonetheless.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Ill call CCOM tomorrow morning and see if they will give me a good price on 10 cheap cutters and have them ship to you sandman/ joey.
    oh that would be badass man.......i got 2 cutters im going to throw in myself.
    lilwing88:
    T, twenty smokes headed your way. Nothing fancy..... quantity over quality. Decent smokes, nonetheless.
    That's great Marty! I will be looking for them thanks!!!!
    firetruckguy:
    Ill call CCOM tomorrow morning and see if they will give me a good price on 10 cheap cutters and have them ship to you sandman/ joey.
    Firetruckguy coming through! Thanks brother...