Home General Discussion
Options

Cigarfest 2011

Comments

• Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    I'm pre-registered. Fingers crossed to be fast enough to score tickets! Planning on taking the family and in-laws. My father-in-law is an avid smoker as well. We're planning on spending the weekend. He and I will go to the 'Fest and the ladies are planning on shopping all day..and possibly some spa time (so says the wife!)
  • Options
    Alex Svenson:
    I will be in attendance at the CAO Event Thursday Night, I will be working the AJ (man o war diesel) Event at the store at Split Rock on Friday (i noticed someone posted about this being in bethlehm but it is actually on the show floor up in the poconos). I will swing by the oliva and perdomo events probably Friday. I will also be at the Rocky Patel event at the bar right after the AJ event. During the actual show I will be working with AJ at the Diesel and Man o War booths. I believe I will also be checking out the Rhino Energy Drink After party. That said, I have not actually made it to the after party in the last three years. 72 straight hours of cigar smoking and whisky drinking takes its toll.
    Now that we all know exactly where you will be it will be easy to stalk you!!! ;-)
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    OK so far attending will be: Myself, MrGreenMachine (a helluva bork), Ejenne, millennium115, ENFIDL, xIcedGuardianx, newbiesmoker24, bearb (maybe?), PsychoSJG, RampMonkey, SanmanIam, and TatuajeVI or however it's spelled, this will be a nice little C.com herf at the event should we somehow decided where to meet up (obvious idea imo would be AJ's booth so we can all harass Alex Svenson at the same time^ ^)
    This is a great list!!! Once everyone "officially" gets their tickets we will have to find a time/place to meet up. Is everyone registering for general admission, VIH, or cigar nut? I am trying to get VIH tickets personally, I am just not a good enough smoker to handle the cigar nut package.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    ejenne87:
    rwheelwright:
    Alex Svenson:
    I will be in attendance at the CAO Event Thursday Night, I will be working the AJ (man o war diesel) Event at the store at Split Rock on Friday (i noticed someone posted about this being in bethlehm but it is actually on the show floor up in the poconos). I will swing by the oliva and perdomo events probably Friday. I will also be at the Rocky Patel event at the bar right after the AJ event. During the actual show I will be working with AJ at the Diesel and Man o War booths. I believe I will also be checking out the Rhino Energy Drink After party. That said, I have not actually made it to the after party in the last three years. 72 straight hours of cigar smoking and whisky drinking takes its toll.
    Maybe I should have taken a closer look and got some tickets. I would have come by but I think it is too late to get tickets now.
    it's only an hour or so to Bethlehem for you, maybe you could swing by the store and pick one up when they go on sale? I may end up with an extra also, so if you wanted it I could help you out there (I am buying 4, and as of right now they are all spoken for, but there is still a chance that one of the guys wont be able to make it).
    Thanks brother. I'm gonna see if my friend is around that day before I even attempt to call in. I'll be seeing him tonight so we'll see.
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    Tickets go on sale in roughly 9 hours wooo!!!!!!
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    CIGARfest 2011 Online Ticket Sale Starts in .... 6 hrs 25 mins 40 secs
  • Options
    Under 5 hours now. I'm sitting at work, hoping it's a slow night so I can get mine right at 5.
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I'm trying to get a nap in before these go on sale but the excitement is keeping me awake...
  • Options
    8 minutes... this is taking forever!
  • Options
    Booyah! tickets purchased!
  • Options
    I'm in!! 2 VIH tickets with shirts!
  • Options
    Their webiste took a dump right as I put in my reg code!
  • Options
    Got 'em! 4 VIH tix and 4 hat/shirt combos!
  • Options
    Damn sold out in the first minute! That' sucks....
  • Options
    yea, it happens every year :-(
  • Options
    my link for the emaill says sold out so I hope that's because I got my tickets and not the whole shebang
  • Options
    You can still bid for some though, starting at 6 am.
  • Options
    according to ppeps on Twitter they sold out in under 2 mins, so damn glad for fast internet/nap time
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    according to ppeps on Twitter they sold out in under 2 mins, so damn glad for fast internet/nap time
    So glad to be working night shift and having no 911 calls!
  • Options
    ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    MrGreenMachine:
    Me too! This sucks, I came into work over an hour early just to make sure I could get my tickets and then the site crapped out on me. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pissed.......
  • Options
    some people on another site bought more tickets than they probably should have and are unsure if they are even going, seriously wtf possesses people to do things like that?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    some people on another site bought more tickets than they probably should have and are unsure if they are even going, seriously wtf possesses people to do things like that?
    I'd guess they'll try to scalp them to people that didn't get them in the sale or auction maybe? I dunno, people will try anything to make a quick buck.
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    That's f'ed up! I just put in my bid on the auction, fingers crossed!
  • Options
    If any of you fine bork's got an extra ticket please let me know and I will paypal you the money or trade sticks if you'd prefer for the ticket. I'm really bummed this was gonna be my birthday gift as it's 5 days after :/
  • Options
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:
    Me too! This sucks, I came into work over an hour early just to make sure I could get my tickets and then the site crapped out on me. I'm not gonna lie, I'm pissed.......
    same here..website screwed up and once i hit refresh, it was all over. Super bummed
  • Options
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:
    same here..website screwed up and once i hit refresh, it was all over. Super bummed
    A tip for next year - use the link in your email to "refresh" if this happens again. I am not very read up on computers, but someone told me that it's the best way..? It worked for me though.

Hopefully you fellas can get some tickets elsewhere and we can all meet up!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:
    A tip for next year - use the link in your email to "refresh" if this happens again. I am not very read up on computers, but someone told me that it's the best way..? It worked for me though.

I hope this means you got your ticket Evan ?
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:

I got 4 of them! One for me, one for Sandman1am and two for TatuajeVI!
  • Options
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:

I did that and it still said that it was down. I then refreshed the page and it worked but then said sold out...
  • Options
    Sandman1amSandman1am Posts: 2,567
    ejenne87:
    Hayblet:
    ejenne87:
    xIcedGuardianx:
    ENFIDL:
    MrGreenMachine:

I got 4 of them! One for me, one for Sandman1am and two for TatuajeVI!
    That's awesome Evan thanks for getting our tickets brother! So excited I might just pass on the work trip to make time for this.