Home Non Cigar Related

Support Your Team!

Comments

• urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    BTW, kuzi -- O, ye of little faith -- your Bungles got a win. See? The situation wasn't as desperate as you thought.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    urbino:
    BTW, kuzi -- O, ye of little faith -- your Bungles got a win. See? The situation wasn't as desperate as you thought.
    awe man!! i thought those guys were going to be to be RECORD HOLDERS. but no... they had what it takes to win for a few moments.
    oh well, you cant lose em all.
    Tampa Bay could, back in the day.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    madurofan:
    Luko:
    madurofan:
    Hail to the Redskins, Hail to Victory ...

3rd best record in football. Damn shame the best record is in the East as well.
    Hmmm, what could we wager when our teams meet up tomorrow night?
    Dammit...
    Resisting the urge to gloat...

Was it me, or did it seem like they played that game in Heinz Field. Whaddya think, about 30,000 Steelers fans? I read that the Redskins had to go on a silent count at some points. IN THEIR OWN STADIUM!!!! It is truly a Steelers Nation.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    It's a good sunday for me! The Cowboys can't lose this weekend!!! hahaha Oh, and the Titans remain on top with another win!
    In my picks for this weekend so far I've only missed 2. I picked the Packers and they lost it with bad play calling in the last 2 minutes of the game and I picked the Steelers to beat Indy and they couldn't pull that one out. So far I think I'm pretty safe in my pick of NY over Philly and tomorrow i've got Arizona over San Fran. Should be a solid weekend for me on my picks.
    That's an amazing weekend, Puro, especially this year. I dropped out of the office pool a couple of weeks ago because I can't make any sense out of this season.

The Fish have already reached my preseason goal for wins, so anything from here on out is gravy. (I just hope we can stick our fin in the eye of the Jets and the Pats (again).)
    That is something we can TOTALLY agree on! I love to the the Fins beat the Patriots! haha That makes me smile everytime!
  • I live in Wisconsin so normally football is a huge deal in general around here. That and beer. Since the drama with Favre though the football fanatacism has died off quite a bit. It seems like half the population miss Favre, the other half think he's a traitor and nobody wants to talk about it.
    That's a shame.
    Well tonight was a great close game. I was pulling for the Cards and they were who I picked so it was nice to see them pull it off at the end. What a shocker it is to see Kurt Warner playing like he did back in the days of "The Greatest Show on Turf." I really figured his days as a contender were long gone but wow! I was wrong.
    I didn't watch it, mostly cuz I just don't give a darn about either team. Actually, I hate the Niners, so I would've sorta rooted for the Cards. OTOH, I like Singletary, so...
    WOW Urbi! I honestly agreed with everything you said right there! haha I don't really care either way, but I do HATE the 9ers, but I do like Singletary. He is a Baylor man! Gotta cheer for the TX boys!
    Well, hellz, Puro, I'm a Baylor man. Root for me!
    Haha Well in life I'm rootin for ya, in sports, I got ya back! But in the world of politics... Well I'm rooting for your right to disagree with me! haha And I always respect you and your opinions. Just might not see things the same way.
    Well this weekend so far I have only got 2 picks wrong again. Tonight I picked the Skins over the Cowboys but I HOPE HOPE HOPE I miss that one! haha Although it's not looking that great! The crazy thing is one of the picks I got wrong was the Eagle / Bengals... Who in the hell could have possibly got that one right! First tie game in 6 years!!! Well Kuzi, I guess your guys just didn't try to lose hard enough! haha
    Well I am very proud to say I was WRONG on my pick of the Redskins over Dallas. As poorly as the Dallas offense played, Washington was even worse and we pulled it off on the shoulders of one Mr. Marion Barber. 66 yards in the 4th quarter alone was an awesome acomplishment! Now if the Bills pull it off tomorrow night I will have another good weekend. Missed two last weekend then three this weekend would be a pretty good run... How is everyone else holding up with your picks?
  • dutyjedutyje Posts: 2,263
    PuroFreak:
    How is everyone else holding up with your picks?
    George Washington would fare nearly as well
  • I am a huge Phin fan. It is good to see Urbino is a fan too. Living out here in Oregon I never have anyone to root along with me! I can not believe the season we are having this year. I think Parcells has a lot to do with our success. Brining in a solid QB in Pennington was a great move, he may not have the arm of a Farve but he can control the game well. Ronnie and Ricky are tearing up teams rushing defense. I drank a little bit to much on our fantasy football draft night and made a bet with my buddy who is a bears fan that we would have a better record at the end of the year. It is actually looking promising. We have the Pats next week, that should be a doozy as I am sure they are still a little peeved over that good whoopin' we gave them earlier in the season!
    Welcome, brother Phin phan! I've never had anybody to root with, either, except my younger brother, who followed my lead. They've certainly done better than I ever imagined they would this season. It still feels like we're on thin ice and could plummet at any moment, though.

I gave up trying to pick 'em, Puro. This year has just been too weird. That must be why you're doing so well. :)
    I have to say, the Dolphins being 6-4 right now has to be the biggest surprise of the season, maybe of the past few seasons. Good to see them doing well. And one of the big reasons is Pennington. Good to see him getting a fair shake and doing well with his opportunity. New York is a tough and sometimes impossible place for these guys to try and perform.

But still, go Steelers. Steelers over the Titans, wait for it, wait for it...
    Yeah, that'll be a big one, Luko. Two very physical teams. Should be fun to watch.

Pennington reminds me of Jay Fiedler back in the late '90s, but with less mobility and much, MUCH better coaching.
  • Agreed, that will be a good game. Steelers are looking good again this year, wish ya the best! I don't think the Titans will be able to go undefeated in the regular season. Although I was competly surprised when they showed signs of a passing game this week, that was kind of scary.

Haha,  I remember the Fiedler days! I thought Beck could show some promise but who knows now. When we selected Ginn I was not a happy man. I thought we should have taken Quinn all the way. I always thought watching him in college he could be a franchise qb. I am glad they are giving him a shot in Cleveland, it will be interesting to watch...

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

long time colts fan .... followed them from balt to indy (was born in balt) funky year... so many twists and turns ... no bandwagoner here...pulled for 'em thru all the **** times between unitas and manning. never been much of a phin fan but find myself subconsiously pulling for the underdog phins/parcells.they are the surprise of the year.

Your not being much of a Phins fan is pretty understandable, gm, considering the two teams were rivals back when you guys were in the AFC East. I've never been much of a Colts fan for the same reason, though I've rooted for them a little in recent years.

As for the Phins, Tommy Jackson just picked them to win the AFC East. Good Lord. I don't see it. I think we'll lose to the Pats and Jets, at least. I mean, hellz bellz, we barely beat the Raiders and the Seahawks. At home. Still, it's sorta fun to be in the conversation again.
    I've like rooting for the Dolphins since Dan the Man (Pitt grad, in case you didn't know). And I like them now, like seeing them win. Except for the fact that Parcells is probably the most contemptable man in the NFL behind Bellicheat. Man, Parcells can coach (and apparently assemble a decent team in short order). Nick Saban was the most contemptable man in the NFL, btw, until he went scurrying back to college.
    right you are urbino - phins ruined many a sunday for me back in the day - sometimes more than a cigar could fix ! lol
    Colts vs Bolts --- are you ready for some football!!!!!!!
  • Big day for my Dolphins today. We either continue to go up or hit the wall many said we would after a good start. I hope we beat the $#!^ out of the Pat's today! I like this new coach,unlike the new Michigan coach..my college team I cheer for. Change is hard to get used to. Both coaches brought big time change to both programs.One got off to a good start,one did not. I started the day off early today (6:00am on Sunday WTH),had several cups of coffee and a CAO Italia. I guess I didn't stay up late enough last night.Got a new receiver for the home theater,so the old rx-v2500 got hooked up to the pc.MP3's with 910watts of Yamaha power. We be jamming this morning :) GOOOOOOO FISH!
    Didn't turn out so well for the Phins, today. Oh, well. I have to say I expected it, and we've already won more games than I thought we would, so I'm not exactly crushed.
    huge win for the colts