Home General Discussion
Options

Cigarfest 2011

1235»

Comments

• Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    So, the event is getting nearer. Thought I would bump this thread again for a few reasons: (1) did you PM Alex if you are going, as he requested (on page 4) (2) who is going? (Nut/VIH/Reg) this is who I think is confirmed: Hayblet (?), long lashes & the Crap crew (3 NUTs+ ?? ....glad you scored the extra ticket you needed, ejenne87 (??), skeekz (??), psychSJG (??), Bearb (REG) (3) those shirts are very, very large...I can wear my snowsuit under the 'large' I got, which is the smallest size?!?!?
    Yes bearb, I'm confirmed, and a Cigarnut
  • Options
    bearbbearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    So, the event is getting nearer. Thought I would bump this thread again for a few reasons: (1) did you PM Alex if you are going, as he requested (on page 4) (2) who is going? (Nut/VIH/Reg) this is who I think is confirmed: Hayblet (?), long lashes & the Crap crew (3 NUTs+ ?? ....glad you scored the extra ticket you needed, ejenne87 (VIH), skeekz +FIL(VIH), psychSJG (NUT), Bearb (REG) wwhang (REG) (3) those shirts are very, very large...I can wear my snowsuit under the 'large' I got, which is the smallest size?!?!?
    /////
  • Options
    ejenne87ejenne87 Posts: 1,925 ✭✭
    I have a VIH ticket, I got 4 of them online the morning they went on sale. I have a ride to and from the airport, the time off work on Friday so I can make it there on time and a lot of extra spending money (cuz I know I'll need it!). this should be a blast. I'm rooming with a couple other guys from here so if anyone wants to link up PM me for my cell number and we can set something up. I'm really looking forward to this!
  • Options
    YankeeManYankeeMan Posts: 2,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you will be there in time, try to stop in the venue on Friday night. That's where I met Alex and he treated my son and I like gold. He introduced us to AJ and he rolled a couple of cigars for my son and I.

It also gives you a chance to get the lay of the land and know where everything is. If not for my other son's wedding on Saturday, I would be there. Enjoy yourself and have a great weekend!
  • Options
    cleakecleake Posts: 21
    Had such a blast last year that we are actually heading up on thur this year.Met Alex at the Fri night AJ event last year and was about as cool a guy as could be- especially with rum :) Its such a great experience hanging out with so many like minded folks looking to have a good time.There is a reason why it sells 2000 tickets in minutes at 5am
  • Options
    long_asheslong_ashes Posts: 166
    Actually I'm going to have 1 cigarnut ticket and 3 regular tickets. Hayblet is trading his regular tickets for our nut tickets since all 4 of us want to get in at the same time anyways, under the condition that he gives me all of the extra stuff if extra stuff is given. (Pocket that bacon!!)
  • Options
    bearb:
    bearb:
    So, the event is getting nearer. Thought I would bump this thread again for a few reasons: (1) did you PM Alex if you are going, as he requested (on page 4) (2) who is going? (Nut/VIH/Reg) this is who I think is confirmed: Hayblet (?), long lashes & the Crap crew (3 NUTs+ ?? ....glad you scored the extra ticket you needed, ejenne87 (VIH), skeekz +FIL(VIH), psychSJG (NUT), Bearb (REG) wwhang (REG) (3) those shirts are very, very large...I can wear my snowsuit under the 'large' I got, which is the smallest size?!?!?
    /////*UPDATE #2 I believe wayne is coming with me! Will confirm tomorrow afternoon...stay tuned!
  • Options
    HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    bearb:
    bearb:
    bearb:
    /////*UPDATE #2 I believe wayne is coming with me! Will confirm tomorrow afternoon...stay tuned!
    That would be awesome, then I could give him his 5 pack of Punch in person ^ ^
  • Options
    Hayblet:
    bearb:
    bearb:
    bearb:
    //////peter piper picked a peck....oh that is something else that has a lot of P's in it......so let me translate '5 pack of Punch in person' into Canadian, eh.....so I believe what you are saying is that you hope to 'punch wayne in his 5 pack in person'?....hmmm.....anyway, going to try to make it to CAO Event tomorrow night!!
  • Options
    bearb:
    Hayblet:
    bearb:
    bearb:
    bearb:
    //////peter piper picked a peck....oh that is something else that has a lot of P's in it......so let me translate '5 pack of Punch in person' into Canadian, eh.....so I believe what you are saying is that you hope to 'punch wayne in his 5 pack in person'?....hmmm.....anyway, going to try to make it to CAO Event tomorrow night!!
    Lol well, General Cigar sent us (the guys @ Wbfiller.com) a 5'r of the "new" Punch Rare Corojo 10th Anniversary to review, and with all my funds on hiatus for Cfest I haven't gotten to mail them out yet. So hence easier to give in person, gonna be bringing a ton of sticks for my contest to see truly how many I can smoke at a event like this.. an extra 5 will have space. Wink [;)]
  • Options
    Just an update....unfortunately, Wayne won't be able to make it this year to CF. So I will be driving solo from Canada.
  • Options
    wwhwangwwhwang Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭
    Sorry, guys. Unfortunately, with the immigration papers, my wife's driving school and lisence, and bills, we found that I can't afford to go. Knowing myself, I'd probably end up buying at least 5 boxes while I'm down there.

Maybe next year.
  • Options
    skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    So for those of us who've never met, how are we gonna figure out/know who's who?
  • Options
    I'll be the Canadian, saying 'eh' a lot wearing a really big Cigarfest 2011 shirt, shouldn't be too hard to find me, as I might be smoking a cigar also. Seriously though, I intended to get some letters to stick on the back, but given I work this morning and leave @ noon to make it, not sure that is going to happen. If I had a cell that would work in the USA without killing me on roaming charges, I would post it, but I don't. I intend to get to all of the pre & post events, as a way to justify the drive, so perhaps those venues will be much more intimate, allowing more chatter & introduction b4 the big event on Saturday. I will still try to get the letters and perhaps a Canadian flag. Will likely take a computer so I could/intend to check emails, so that might work also.
  • Options
    Alex_SvensonAlex_Svenson Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭
    Every year I see a lot of people tailgating in the lot before the event. You guys could go that route.
  • Options
    PsychoSJGPsychoSJG Posts: 766 ✭✭✭
    I should have a case of Cigar City: Maduro IPA beer in my trunk, and I'm leaving for there today. Anyone wanna meet up, my cell is 718 564-9079
  • Options
    I'll be wearing a Stetson looking hat with a cute chick on my arms, other than that look for some nerdy guy and that's me Stick out tongue [:P] also bearb can I give you the 5 pack I owe Wayne? He says you live close by...
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    PsychoSJG:
    I should have a case of Cigar City: Maduro IPA beer in my trunk, and I'm leaving for there today. Anyone wanna meet up, my cell is 718 564-9079
  • Options
    WOW! What an event! Will share more later, but what an amazing event. Just going to the after party, and the internet is so spotty, so don't know if this will post.
  • Options
    I have no cell that work in the USA..so glad most of our paths crossed..what a weekend!
  • Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    details, details details!

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Absolutely amazing! I got home about an hour ago. Stopped about 1/2 way home to meet a friend. Could only bring 50 across the border so I gave him about 30. He gave me my first Solomon ever, an AJ Fernandez Sumatra...so I gave him one of the MOW's AJ rolled for me on Friday night @ Shorties party. Alex is even more amazing in person than on here! Alex is so generous, making sure I got a fresh rolled one from not only his hands, but also one from Josh's and then a few from AJ's for my friends. I took a video of it him rolling one. Very impressive dexterity and concentration involved.
  • Options
    man just got home myself after a detour through Baltimore for some Pit Beef, will get pics posted here and on Facebook shortly..
  • Options
    While I want to keep reviving this thread to tell everyone how awesome it was, perhaps you are not interested. But I do need you to know that Alex is an amazing guy, hooked me up with so many amazing things over the last 3 days besides cigars...to name but a few 'extras' for the forum members, we had hand rolled MOW's by AJ, Josh, and Alex; massages; straight edge shaves;, intro's to everybody and anybody, and the list has not even started....just a class act all around....made me feel like we were best friends for years. Thanks so much Alex!
  • Options
    Josh was out there all over too! He is an amazing roller on top of his personality, & outgoingness. I loved the fact that everyone just mixed and mingled, not sure I saw anyone, besides a few creeps with video cameras zooming on the MOW & Ava Maria girls, the total show was top-shelf. So glad I briefly met Andy at the Shorty event. He was undercover on a break, but as cool in person as on the phone!~
  • Options
    Andrew_DzikoskiAndrew_Dzikoski Posts: 381 ✭✭✭
    Thanks to everyone who came out. I was glad I got a chance to meet those of you I could. Sorry I didn't have more time to hang out with you all.
  • Options
    Andrew Dzikoski:
    Thanks to everyone who came out. I was glad I got a chance to meet those of you I could. Sorry I didn't have more time to hang out with you all.
    ////Cnot a problem Andy, it was nice to finallly put a face to the name, even if it was only for a few minutes. You could only do what you could do. Glad you were able to introduce yourself. thanks
  • Options
    I was glad to meet a few of you guys as well. I had a blast! I was helping 5 Vegas out for the day and got to try the new Limitada 2011. Great smoke! I would've loved to have chatted more as well, but I had to hit the road after the long shift, since I wasn't staying the night in Split Rock. Hope whoever went had a great time!