Home Non Cigar Related

Losing my F***ing mind

Just a quick rant.

So work continues to go down hill with all the good workers leaving, my insurance is *** and keeps bouncing out on payments, I get paid less than half the standard for my job ( bonus every 3 months to make up for it, but that hasn't happened since last June ), got to work out a way to pay for the baby thats coming and all the baby stuff we need, only have a ford ranger trying to sell my harley to get a more family car but it aint selling, and no money to spend on anything apart from food and bills let alone cigars.

rant is over the last few months have sucked.

Comments

• KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    That sucks Ross, but things will turn around buddy. I remember back in 2007, my wife and I both worked at the same company. It was a mortgage company, and u know know what happened...this *** hit the fan, and our company shut down. She was pregnant with our first son, no insurance, no income. We went and applied for unemployment, which isn't that much, and we decided to apply for medicare. I figured I've paid into it for over 10 years, and now I really need some help, so I figured why not. Well we went to the office, and got turned down because they said we made too much on unemployment!! Needless to say I was pissed! I paid into for years and the first time I need some help I get turned down because unemplyment gives us too much money?!?! WTF? Well, turns out the dumbass govt worker didn't count us as a family of 3. So in the end my wife and son did get covered THANK GOD. My wife ended up getting sick and had to deliever him a month early. But it worked out.
    After he was born, I busted my ass and was lucky enough to find a job within a month or two and have been here there since. I know the stress of trying to prepare for a baby, especially when you're short on funds. But things always seem to work out in the end and I'm sure they will for you. Shoot me a PM if u ever wanna talk.

"Long ashes my friends."

• ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Sorry brother, I will pray that your burden will lessen. I think we are all having a tough lot, but some of us more than others. Good luck, the Lord never gives us more than we can take although at the time in the middle of stress life seems bad.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Hang in there man... I'll be praying for you and the fam.

• ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    Sorry to hear this brother! Def will be keeping you and the fam in my prayers!
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Sounds familiar brother. Money is tight as a virgin's **** right now around here. Also, health insurance and what not at my new job is TWICE what it was through my previous employer (got a new job in early February, just stopped COBRA and got on the new place's policy... Sucks...)
  • smoke_em_if_you_got_emsmoke_em_if_you_got_em Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep ya head up bro. Things will turn around for you and the family. Your in our thoughts and prayers.
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Keep hanging on bro. Things are bad in a lot of areas, haven't seen a pay increase in 3 years now yet our dedication has saved the plant from going completely out of business
  • Dustin1981Dustin1981 Posts: 412
    Keep your head up man. I lost my job when my wife was 6 months pregnant with my last daughter. I didnt know how I was going to pull that one off. I just kept telling myself that God knows what he is doing and everything that is happening to you is happening for a reason. I found a job about a month later and it has been great since. It will work out for you as well, keep the faith.
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Head up, brother. You'll figure it out. I was worried when I started having kids. How I was gonna pay for everything. Food, clothes, diapers, toys, bills, bills, bills....... You just kinda figure it out as you go along. No science to it. Just one day at a time. Hopefully you have some family support of some kind too. People will come out of the woodwork and give you all their old stuff that they never even used. Strollers, toys, furniture... you'll see.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    lilwing88:
    Head up, brother. You'll figure it out. I was worried when I started having kids. How I was gonna pay for everything. Food, clothes, diapers, toys, bills, bills, bills....... You just kinda figure it out as you go along. No science to it. Just one day at a time. Hopefully you have some family support of some kind too. People will come out of the woodwork and give you all their old stuff that they never even used. Strollers, toys, furniture... you'll see.
    I had a friend tell me once "You cant wait on your money situation to be perfect before you have kids - or you'll never HAVE kids! If you're doing the right things, somehow, someway, the money will always be there for what you need."

Looking back on it almost 15 years later, I'll be damned if he wasnt right.

Said all that to say this - keep your head my brother. One way or another, things are going to work out. This is gonna end up being another one of those times I get to tell a fellow BOTL "I told you so!".

That never gets old for me... :-)

• Ironmick63Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    Hey Ross sorry to hear that your going threw some ruff time also. You will firgure out all the baby stuff trust me. My wife and I had our little guy while I wasn't working and I was losing my mine also with the bills and baby stuff but so far it's working out for us. People will be giving you hand me downs and the baby shower should help out alot also. Don't know why but it will work out in the long run. I might know some guys that might be looking for a harley. What kind do you have?
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Sorry to hear that man. Hope things turn around soon for you and the family. I thought I remember you saying you did inventory and logistics, check your PMs.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    Ironmick63:
    Hey Ross sorry to hear that your going threw some ruff time also. You will firgure out all the baby stuff trust me. My wife and I had our little guy while I wasn't working and I was losing my mine also with the bills and baby stuff but so far it's working out for us. People will be giving you hand me downs and the baby shower should help out alot also. Don't know why but it will work out in the long run. I might know some guys that might be looking for a harley. What kind do you have?
    1999 dyna super glide. I can give you the ebay link if you want.
  • HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    Hang in there brother. You probably don't want to hear this now, but I PROMISE you that you will look back at these hard times someday, and while you'll be glad they are over, you will have an odd sense of nostalgia about them and the fact that you pulled through a stronger and better man, with a stronger and BIGGER family. I went through something very similar a couple of years ago and we (my family) are just now getting out of our hole, but we did it together.

Does your state have anything like WIC (women, infant children)? We used them for our infant when i was laid off - helped with formula etc. That's why it's there - you paid into it, take advantage of it if you can when you need it.
    We are looking into it. looks like I might be about $100 over the amount, but we will see.
    pm me the link and I'll ask around for you.
  • clearlysuspectclearlysuspect Posts: 2,124 ✭✭✭✭
    In terms of arriving baby on a strict budget, stay tuned into Craigslist and Freecycle.org in your area. Yard sales are almost always a great place to pick up kids stuff. Baby definately does not need new stuff. He/she is just going to tear it up anyway. My daughter is almost 1.5 and the only thing we've paid for is formula and food. Get a BJ's membership. The cost of diapers alone is worth it. Luvs diapers work great. At Wamart they cost around $30 for 97 size 1 diapers. BJ's has almost 300 for around $25 and they often have coupons that will knock off another $4-5. Buy diapers once and you paid for your membership. Berkley & Jensen (BJ's brand) formula has the same ingreients as enfamil and cost dramatically less. I can't stress how many avenues there are for getting free baby stuff. Don't pay for brand new toys. My daughters favorite toy for her first 10 months was a Dr. Pepper can and a cardboard box. Don't go all out for bithday and christmas. 1 or 2 small gifts and wrap some empty boxes with gift paper. All they really want is the paper and the box anyway. Online sites like craigslist have been huge for us. My wife brings home garbage bags full of clothes, toys, diapers, formula, and everything inbetween all the time, all for free.
    got the pm. Nice bike by the way. I have a 2005 screaming eagle fat boy
  • doromathdoromath Posts: 576
    Good calls on cost cutting ClearlySuspect. Costco's brand (Kirkland Signature) is good as well. Reminded me of just how much money my wife saves couponing.

You/your wife (whichever one take care of the grocery shopping) should check out www.southernsavers.com.

It's a pain in the ass to start at first, but it's worth it. For about a month you wont see any savings, but will be stocking up on food. After that you see your spend DROP.
    doromath:
    Good calls on cost cutting ClearlySuspect. Costco's brand (Kirkland Signature) is good as well. Reminded me of just how much money my wife saves couponing.

You/your wife (whichever one take care of the grocery shopping) should check out www.southernsavers.com.

It's a pain in the ass to start at first, but it's worth it. For about a month you wont see any savings, but will be stocking up on food. After that you see your spend DROP.
    Yeah she does the southernsavers. If it wasn't for that site we would be eating a lot less.