Home Non Cigar Related

$65 @ the pump today...

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
...and I wasn't even on empty. I wish I had put on some lipstick and eyeliner before I went to the gas station, because I like to make myself look pretty before I get F'D!!!!!

Comments

• DiamondogDiamondog Posts: 4,169
    I WISH I could fill my tank for $65...
  • lilwing88lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    It cost me that much to fill my 1.5 gallon lawn mower!! This sh*t is getting ridiculous!!!!
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    y2pascoe:
    ...and I wasn't even on empty. I wish I had put on some lipstick and eyeliner before I went to the gas station, because I like to make myself look pretty before I get F'D!!!!!
    Hahahah, south park was great!!! (sorry for the spoiler)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • zeebrazeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    $65, I'd be happy with that! Got a 2011 Tahoe 2 months back and to fill her up, its right around $85-$90, on 24 gallon tank. I use regular too and I'm in Houston, so its cheaper than being in Cali or other states. I'm use to paying that much though, had a truck for 4 years before that, but it was about $65-$70 to fill her up at 22 gallon tank at regular also.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have a diesel F250, 35 gallon tank, live in CA......and have to fill it up next week. FML....
  • MTuccelliMTuccelli Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    $65, I'd be happy with that! Got a 2011 Tahoe 2 months back and to fill her up, its right around $85-$90, on 24 gallon tank. I use regular too and I'm in Houston, so its cheaper than being in Cali or other states. I'm use to paying that much though, had a truck for 4 years before that, but it was about $65-$70 to fill her up at 22 gallon tank at regular also.
    I am heading back to Katy in July, what are the gas prices like? Here in CA I am paying $4.19 for regular. I imagine by the time I get back to TX it will be around $4.15 a gallon
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I used to be able to fill up my car for $17. Driving the same car still and now a full tank is almost $70. We are talking about a 4 door sedan and not a truck or SUV. This is getting ridiculous. With higher gas and now food going up in price we are falling so far behind. My raise this year won't even come close to covering inflation and the last couple years have been behind as well. I don't know how some people make it.
    jsnake:
    I used to be able to fill up my car for $17. Driving the same car still and now a full tank is almost $70. We are talking about a 4 door sedan and not a truck or SUV. This is getting ridiculous. With higher gas and now food going up in price we are falling so far behind. My raise this year won't even come close to covering inflation and the last couple years have been behind as well. I don't know how some people make it.
    Ebay
    MTuccelli:
    zeebra:
    I am heading back to Katy in July, what are the gas prices like? Here in CA I am paying $4.19 for regular. I imagine by the time I get back to TX it will be around $4.15 a gallon
    Regular right now is $3.74-$3.79
  • lcpleellcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    My little TINY 350z comes out to $69.00... Im now looking for a Ruckus.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    I remember when I was in high school and could fill up my little Cavalier for around $10-$15... And that would last a couple weeks. Now it costs me at least that much just to drive to work and back...
  • sightunseensightunseen Posts: 2,130 ✭✭
    I remember when gas was $0.99/gal. when I first started driving in high school. This thread is now officially a "Things Were Better When I Was Your Age" thread.
    sightunseen:
    I remember when gas was $0.99/gal. when I first started driving in high school. This thread is now officially a "Things Were Better When I Was Your Age" thread.
    for some reason the whole "age" thing reminded me of this...
    Go to the one minute mark on this. LOL.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Bg_c6WvoIc
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    ^That was classic!
    sightunseen:
    How about .35¢ a gallon at the local circle K....that is what it cost when I had my first car back in 73
    zeebra:
    MTuccelli:
    zeebra:
    Regular right now is $3.74-$3.79
    Damn that is cheap gas!...who would of thunk it that $3.74 is cheap gas? When I get back i will be able to save money on gas which means more cigars!!
  • dowjr1dowjr1 Posts: 600
    Boys it is called a weak dollar. As the value of our currency decreases, its buying power to purchase commodities overseas weakens thus taking more dollars to buy the same amount of oil. Make sure to thank all the people who voted for Obama. He, like many presidents before him including repubs, have decided it is fine for us to send Billions of our dollars to other countries to purchase their goods instead of producing it ourselves. Trivia quiz: What two countries are the top suppliers of oil to the US? According to the Depoartment of Energy it is Canada and Mexico. So plenty of oil to the north and south. SO why not much in between here in the US? Of course there is plenty here, we just aren't allowed to get it. In fact we haven't even built a new refinery here in the US (aside from a small one in Alaska in 93) since the mid 70s. Doesn't prevent us from loaning Columbia 2.5 BILLION (with a B) so they can build one.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I have a diesel F250, 35 gallon tank, live in CA......and have to fill it up next week. FML....
    I'll be taking out a second mortgage.. Me too 24 gallons at 4.39, I get pissed when it rolls past a hundred
  • JCizzleJCizzle Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭
    It was like 1.20-1.30 Euro per liter in Spain when I was there a couple of weeks ago and--on the other side of the spectrum--it's 1QR per liter here (about .27USD per liter).
    Light 'em up.
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    Yes, but you don't have a car JC! Neither do I, so we save even more!
    Lol, and if I did I'd use the company card anyway. :D
    Light 'em up.
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Yup I just filled up my 1992 F150 and it was $84 the pumps here use to stop every $100 but now the stop @ $75 it is annoying. $3.95 a gallon.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    Well, here in Hungary, it cost about 8-9 bucks a gallon (this is based on the conversion rate) and it cost me about $160.00 bucks to fill up the SUV, and over 20 bucks to fill up the motorcycle.
    mfotis:
    Well, here in Hungary, it cost about 8-9 bucks a gallon (this is based on the conversion rate) and it cost me about $160.00 bucks to fill up the SUV, and over 20 bucks to fill up the motorcycle.
    ... So let's all stop our Beaching. It is never so bad tha it can't get worse. No, Damm it, I want buck a gallon fuel.
  • mfotismfotis Posts: 720 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    mfotis:
    ... So let's all stop our Beaching. It is never so bad tha it can't get worse. No, Damm it, I want buck a gallon fuel.
    lol, I think it's still .99 cents a gallon in Kuwait.
    mfotis:
    kaspera79:
    mfotis:
    lol, I think it's still .99 cents a gallon in Kuwait.
    See my post above. lol, Roughly $1.02/gallon here...
    Light 'em up.
  • jfacianejfaciane Posts: 242
    zeebra:
    I have no idea why people still buy these big gas guzzlers. The gas rises and rised but yet you go out and get a Tahoe!? I bought a 2007 Tundra and when gas got $2.85 a gallon I said screw it and traded it in for a Honda Civic, now I only pay $38 to fill 'er up. I love this car and I kinda (trying not to be rude here) laugh when I see these big vehicles on the road and filling up at the station. I literally get so much more out of my car, save much more money every week then you guys, and get so much milage out of this car it's ridiculous. Heck, I hate gas so much now I'm going full electric as soon as I can. I don't want to give another penny to a gas pump.
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Not everyone lives in a city, not everyone lives within 10 miles of the grocery store or their work, and not everyone buys SUV's for looks or as a status symbol. A lot of people need the cargo room, off-road ruggedness, and towing power that a Civic or electric car can't possibly match.

If you live in or near a city, an electric makes sense, just like a bicycle or moped might; if you live farther out, or need to haul stuff, an electric vehicle is idiotic.

• Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Jetmech_63:
    I'll be taking out a second mortgage.. Me too 24 gallons at 4.39, I get pissed when it rolls past a hundred
    I get pissed when the pump stops at 75.00 and it makes me insert my card again....
    Jetmech_63:
    kaspera79:
    Jetmech_63:
    I get pissed when the pump stops at 75.00 and it makes me insert my card again....
    Today was 89.00, that should last a few days.