Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Me and the wife just got back from Stoney River. I took there for our 8th Wedding Anniversary, and it was the best meal ever, and now I am going to have a Rocky Patel Vintage 90 to top off the evening. I think that would compliment my meal very nicely. Last night I had a Rocky Patel renaissance. (after I had to discard Drew Estates Java because of a draw issue) I think the RP renaissance is my favorite cigar atm...I am really thinking about investing in a box.

"Long ashes my friends."

• Options
    Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    RP 90 is usually a great choice in my book!

This morning after waking up i celebrated the end of a nasty and cold 3 week det with my first 5 Vegas Gold Robusto. I usually smoke lighter cigars in the morning and man this hit the spot! Smooth, creamy and a twinge of sweetness. Flavor was a tad on the light side but had some nice cedar and almost a touch of coconut. Good cigar for something light or a morning smoke.
  • Options
    gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    A RP Vintage 1992 from jetmech-(thanks jet). Pleasant afternoon ,not very cold and smoked in garage door. What a great smoke! Lasted about an hour and 15-20 minutes. Yes I would buy this cigar. Very relaxing.
  • Options
    madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    A RP Vintage 1992 from jetmech-(thanks jet). Pleasant afternoon ,not very cold and smoked in garage door. What a great smoke! Lasted about an hour and 15-20 minutes. Yes I would buy this cigar. Very relaxing.
    15 - 20 mins what size was that, the small perfecto?
  • Options
    read again maddy- about 1 hour and 15-20 minutes
  • Options
    Oh ok my bad. I was trying to figure out how the hell you sucked a cigar down in 15 minutes. LOL
  • Options
    No chit - enjoyed this baby with my gentleman jack and sierra mist - quite relaxing lol
  • Options
    urbs- hav'nt had the cusano 18 maduro yet-although sine I like maduro's and the 18 i'm sure I would like it. Seems like every time I think about it I can't find it at my b&m.
  • Options
    Just finished a Oliva G Maduro(non-box pressed). Now i LOVE the G in Torpedo box pressed, but this one did not feel firm at all, very squishy. I figred what the hell and lit it. Burned hot, fast and the draw was like no resistance at all. Almost like it was supposed to be a box press but wasnt. I dont know. I went to the humi and the others i bought werent like that. The flavor was there but this one must have slipped passed quality control.
  • Options
    LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    urbs- hav'nt had the cusano 18 maduro yet-although sine I like maduro's and the 18 i'm sure I would like it. Seems like every time I think about it I can't find it at my b&m.
    I've recently had the cusano 18 in the maduro and connecticut and loved em both.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    Enjoying a Camacho (black-label, got it in the last pass) but it is pretty good. Pairing well with Yuengling then a Full Moon (seasonal Bue Moon, MMMMMM!) It's stronger than the Camacho '68 but still a relaxing smoke, its light also (weight-wise, found it odd), draw is very easy.
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I enjoyed a Camacho of my own today, though mine was a Corojo ltd. diploma, not the old school, paper label variety. It was very strong, left me shaky in the knees and rumbly in my stomach. I also had an Oliva Serie O natural torpedo and a CAO MX2 robusto. The Serie O was good, the MX2 was ok but not as good as I had hoped it would be, I like the CX2 more.
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I like full moon, it's a great beer. No cigars for me, I've got one hell of a snowstorm though if it wasn't so windy I would probably be enjoying one.
  • Options
    Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    yeah I toughed it out in the cold and wind cause I actually had a chance to smoke...no snow storm here though
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    No cigar today.. A foot of snow on the ground, 5 below zero temp., 40 mile an hour winds, wind chill 30 below zero...Welcome to Chicago winters.
  • Options
    leonardleonard Posts: 359
    Just finished a 5 Vegas Gold "55". Smooth and creamy with a perfect burn, as always.
  • Options
    That sucks kas/ There calling for a high of 20 at work tommorrow. went to the local B&m    today and picked up a couple nice sticks-3 I havn't tried-a Padron 3000 Padron 4000 and a Cusano 18 Maduro (finally found one) and a Cusan0 59 and a LXI- both of which i've had an thouroghly enjoy-Just need to pick out one for tonite now
  • Options
    j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    The Padron 3000 is one of my favorite cigar gmill, hope you enjoy it as much as I do, and if you do enjoy it that much, you'll be converted for life.
  • Options
    Looking forward to it - proably not goin' to lite up tonite-but will definitly smoke it this week now that youv'e built up the anticipation j0z3r-LOL
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    All this talk about the Cusano 19 paired maduro has me lining one up for tomorrow.

Smoked a Beast last night. Note to Self: Don't try and smoke while snow blowing or shoveling. It's doesn't work! I really liked the cigar but it was too difficult to smoke and snowblow. It would go out a little and I would get that bitter taste that you get when the whole cigar isn't lit. Once lit, it was back to mornal. I got a couple more that have been aging since May. So, I am good to go.
  • Options
    How much snow did you guys get?
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Well I'm working on two plus weeks without a smoke and it's starting to take its toll on me! haha I'm ready for the Christmas holiday so I can get out to the lake and sit around a nice fire and enjoy some of my recent purchases. Also picking up 2 big new samplers next week for a Christmas gift to myself! I'm soooo ready for spring time...
  • Options
    PuroFreak:
    Well I'm working on two plus weeks without a smoke and it's starting to take its toll on me! haha I'm ready for the Christmas holiday so I can get out to the lake and sit around a nice fire and enjoy some of my recent purchases. Also picking up 2 big new samplers next week for a Christmas gift to myself! I'm soooo ready for spring time...

I hear ya man! I usually have to smoke at noon when it's warm or bite the bullet and smoke at the B&M. However i did go shoping today and picked up some shweet deals so to celebrate i sparked a RP Rennaisance. Wow. Another great smoke from Rocky.
  • Options
    PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Yea, I work 12 hours shifts at night so I'm usually asleep at noon! haha But you are right, the RP Rennaisance is AWESOME! I had one with a friend of mine a few weeks and was very impressed. Had a draw as smooth and effortless as the Decade. Great spice to it also. Makes me want to the the Autum Blend!
  • Options
    gmill880:
    I can;t give you an exact amount but enough! Probably 6 - 8 inches.
  • Options

I hear ya

• Options
    Smoking that Cusano Paired Maduro today. Purchased myself a box of the Shaggy Natural, 5 Pack of the Shaggy Maduro, 5 pack of the RP Renaissance, 5 Pack of the Warrior and 2 of the Crest. Those Crest are freakin expensive.
  • Options
    tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    just picked up my first V torpedo, from what i have heard coupled with a lot of what I have read from you guys, this should be a GOOD smoke, this is also my first oliva so well see how it goes :D p.s. nice hual wheels im jealous i wish i had the money for all of that, enjoy :) - Thomas
  • Options
    phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Currently at my house I have about 2 or more feet of snow. At some places more. Roads are closed, buses are half working and it's still snowing! For us Oregonians it hasn't been like this since the 70's. It's been snowing for over a week now..
  • Options
    phobicsquirrel:
    rwheelwright:
    gmill880:
    Currently at my house I have about 2 or more feet of snow. At some places more. Roads are closed, buses are half working and it's still snowing! For us Oregonians it hasn't been like this since the 70's. It's been snowing for over a week now..
    Wow ... if I had a warm place to smoke a cigar I could be in heaven.