Home Non Cigar Related

OBAMA TRIVIA FOR THE DAY

jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
OBAMA TRIVIA FOR THE DAY It's a little know fact that Barack's family name was originally spelled "O'Bama" but a bureaucrat at the hospital where Barack was born thought the apostrophe was a speck of fly doo and eliminated it from his last name, forever changing "O'Bama" to "Obama". The O'Bama clan were among the original Irish who came to be known as the "Black Irish". Great, Great Great, Great Gandpappy "Baroque O'Bama" image

Comments

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    jj20030:
    OBAMA TRIVIA FOR THE DAY It's a little know fact that Barack's family name was originally spelled "O'Bama" but a bureaucrat at the Kenya hospital where Barack was born thought the apostrophe was a speck of fly doo and eliminated it from his last name, forever changing "O'Bama" to "Obama". The O'Bama clan were among the original Irish who came to be known as the "Black Irish". Great, Great Great, Great Gandpappy "Baroque O'Bama" image
    This is NOT funny. Let me guess... you think Trump would make a great president?
  • xmacroxmacro Posts: 3,402
    Lighten up, Laker; if the Daily Show or Colbert Report was conservative, this is the kind of joke you'd hear Colbert or Stewart crack.

At any rate, I lol'd; funny stuff

• Joeyjoe21_8Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    come on laker....laugh every now and then bro....might make ur life a little more fun! lol
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    jj20030:
    OBAMA TRIVIA FOR THE DAY It's a little know fact that Barack's family name was originally spelled "O'Bama" but a bureaucrat at the Kenya hospital where Barack was born thought the apostrophe was a speck of fly doo and eliminated it from his last name, forever changing "O'Bama" to "Obama". The O'Bama clan were among the original Irish who came to be known as the "Black Irish". Great, Great Great, Great Gandpappy "Baroque O'Bama" image
    This is NOT funny. Let me guess... you think Trump would make a great president?
    Seriously, this isn't funny?? How about all the comparisons between George W and a monkey? Was that funny? Can we do that with this president? Well I'm not gonna go there any further...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • rossdavey2rossdavey2 Posts: 979
    I just want to hear him talk about his lucky charms.
    xmacro:
    Lighten up, Laker; if the Daily Show or Colbert Report was conservative, this is the kind of joke you'd hear Colbert or Stewart crack.

I guess I should have been more clear. I think the picture is funnier then He ll. I think I have seen it before and yeah, that's funny.
    I was specifically referring to his remark about Obama's place of birth being Kenya. Some people just won't accept facts. I think it is in poor taste to continue to perpetrate this lie. I also think that green is NOT his color.
    rossdavey2:
    I just want to hear him talk about his lucky charms.
    Now THAT is disturbing lmao.
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah ,lighten up, nothing but a little funny picture is all i was thinking, not getting into any politickin! lmao
    laker1963:
    xmacro:

I guess I should have been more clear. I think the picture is funnier then He ll. I think I have seen it before and yeah, that's funny.
    I was specifically referring to his remark about Obama's place of birth being Kenya. Some people just won't accept facts. I think it is in poor taste to continue to perpetrate this lie. I also think that green is NOT his color.
    Pretty sure the Kenya remark was part of the joke, just like the fly speck and Obama becoming O'Bama
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    xmacro:

So you don't believe he is a Keynsian? ;)
    xmacro:
    laker1963:
    xmacro:

Pretty sure the Kenya remark was part of the joke, just like the fly speck and Obama becoming O'Bama
    yup, all i saw it as, copied and pasted from elsewhere thought it was funny , and thought some here would too, ohh well, just keep my fingers off the keys with any kinda politics from now on,lol
  • kingtimkingtim Posts: 18
    Love it! No arguing that point.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    Obama wasn't born in Kenya?
  • Amos_UmwhatAmos_Umwhat Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Um, no! But the rest of the thread is hilarious. ;)
    WARNING:  The above post may contain thoughts or ideas known to the State of Caliphornia to cause seething rage, confusion, distemper, nausea, perspiration, sphincter release, or cranial implosion to persons who implicitly trust only one news source, or find themselves at either the left or right political extreme.  Proceed at your own risk.  

"If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • fla-gypsyfla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    If we can no longer do political satire about the leftisit of the world then it will be a dull place indeed. I need something to laugh about seeing we have to put up with this narcissistic behavior everyday. Since when did politicos become off limits from either side of the aisle?
    fla-gypsy:
    If we can no longer do political satire about the leftisit of the world then it will be a dull place indeed. I need something to laugh about seeing we have to put up with this narcissistic behavior everyday. Since when did politicos become off limits from either side of the aisle?
    Some of you guy's are making this something it was not intended to be, and I think it is purposely. As I already stated the picture was funny. What wasn't funny was the remarks and insinuation (yet again) about Obama's birth place. I think Amos said it best...
    Amos Umwhat:
    beatnic:
    jj20030:
    OBAMA TRIVIA FOR THE DAY It's a little know fact that Barack's family name was originally spelled "O'Bama" but a bureaucrat at the hospital where Barack was born thought the apostrophe was a speck of fly doo and eliminated it from his last name, forever changing "O'Bama" to "Obama". The O'Bama clan were among the original Irish who came to be known as the "Black Irish". Great, Great Great, Great Gandpappy "Baroque O'Bama" image
    START OVER,LMAO
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    fla-gypsy:
    Some of you guy's are making this something it was not intended to be, and I think it is purposely. As I already stated the picture was funny. What wasn't funny was the remarks and insinuation (yet again) about Obama's birth place. I think Amos said it best...
    Amos Umwhat:
    beatnic:
    Where is the Kenya part? This calls him black Irish...

Also, that birth certificate is suspect. Not saying it's fake, just that it was incredible timing that he released it when he knew he had Bin Laden, virtually to the day. Either he is Irish and he has an @$$ made of shamrocks, or....
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • Geno5000Geno5000 Posts: 56
    Ken Light:
    Seriously, this isn't funny?? How about all the comparisons between George W and a monkey? Was that funny? Can we do that with this president? Well I'm not gonna go there any further...
    There is a big difference in saying a white president looks like a monkey and a black president looks like a monkey. If you don't understand that, not sure what to tell you.
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Geno5000:
    Ken Light:
    There is a big difference in saying a white president looks like a monkey and a black president looks like a monkey. If you don't understand that, not sure what to tell you.
    Uhhh... Go back and read this thread. NOBODY claimed our current President looks like a monkey. He was using this as a comparison of people making fun of political figures. The picture posted here was of President Obama dressed as a leprechaun (sp) Read the whole post before you go freaking out on people.
    Geno5000:
    Ken Light:
    Aaaaand we have our first knee-jerk reaction charge of racism. I guess this is as clear a sign as any that election season is upon us

• VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken....are your serious about the B.C. being suspect? I mean your entitled your opinion, but the "birthers" still left out there need to be admitted into an asylum for a type of paranoid schizophenia---along with alot of the people who are looking to be raptured.
  • Geno5000Geno5000 Posts: 56
    No, don't worry guys, I wasn't reacting to the original post about the Irish thing. It was to this specific entry: "Seriously, this isn't funny?? How about all the comparisons between George W and a monkey? Was that funny? Can we do that with this president? Well I'm not gonna go there any further..."
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    laker1963:
    Geno5000:
    At BOTH of you: Are you fûcking kidding me? PLEASE tell me you're joking.

To Laker - Now you're just getting pathetic! It's one thing to debate a political issue, but to intentionally grab a single element of a JOKE and get ridiculously offended is entirely petty and childish - yes, I said childish. That is not meant as a simple jab; I mean that I literally view your actions as those of a child with nothing better to do but perpetuate drama for attention. PLEASE grow up, at least in this regard.

To Geno - Really, so now you're advocating a double standard? I understand the point you're trying to make here, but all you're really doing is excusing one behavior in favor of another. If YOU want to view things as racial, fine, but don't assume that everybody else shares your point of view - they don't, any more than everybody shares mine. I understand you were coming from the the other side of this equation, but either way in this instance you are making the same kind of argument that one does when comparing white discrimination to black discrimination, in that it's 'just not the same'.

So many times I bite my tongue reading threads in this forum, because I know in all reality it makes no difference what my input is, but in this case I am just flabbergasted at the kind of response an entirely lighthearted joke has caused here.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Hays:
    laker1963:
    Geno5000:
    At BOTH of you: Are you fûcking kidding me? PLEASE tell me you're joking.

To Laker - Now you're just getting pathetic! It's one thing to debate a political issue, but to intentionally grab a single element of a JOKE and get ridiculously offended is entirely petty and childish - yes, I said childish. That is not meant as a simple jab; I mean that I literally view your actions as those of a child with nothing better to do but perpetuate drama for attention. PLEASE grow up, at least in this regard.

To Geno - Really, so now you're advocating a double standard? I understand the point you're trying to make here, but all you're really doing is excusing one behavior in favor of another. If YOU want to view things as racial, fine, but don't assume that everybody else shares your point of view - they don't, any more than everybody shares mine. I understand you were coming from the the other side of this equation, but either way in this instance you are making the same kind of argument that one does when comparing white discrimination to black discrimination, in that it's 'just not the same'.

So many times I bite my tongue reading threads in this forum, because I know in all reality it makes no difference what my input is, but in this case I am just flabbergasted at the kind of response an entirely lighthearted joke has caused here.
    First off I never said I was offended. Where did you read that? Secondly you can think I am pathetic if you wish, I can't stop you and don't care to try, it is only your opinion after all. You comparing me to a child is also just your opinion and as you never stated why, just what you thought... I won't bother to respond to that point.
    Why did my response to him get your panties in such a knot anyway? Some MAY find the "birther" issue still relevant (if it ever was) and some may find jokes about it funny. SOME may not. I include myself in that category as well as other posters did. You just selected two out of us to respond to in this fashion. If my view of funny is different from yours then I'm OK with that and I can express that without resorting to silly name calling. Why can't you Hays?
    I actually thought my question to him was funnier then his "joke" and I said I thought that the picture was funny too. Maybe you need to lighten up yourself. I tried to explain over and over but you either missed it or chose to ignore it. At any rate I'm done with this silliness.
    Hays laid the hammer down man! lol....way to call two peoiple out at once you big shrek! lol. I mean, how pathetic of your green shrek-ness to make fun of other people using name calling u sick twisted freak? LMAO! lol
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Hays laid the hammer down man! lol....way to call two peoiple out at once you big shrek! lol. I mean, how pathetic of your green shrek-ness to make fun of other people using name calling u sick twisted freak? LMAO! lol
    Wow, did he ever ! I'm sure feeling the heat now Joey.

I was going to respond more to your post, but I decided to check your bio, saw your age, and just decided against it.
    Wow...seriously? my age is a factor now for making just a funny, bs post about my good friend Hays that I hang out with weekly?
  • HaysHays Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    Wow...seriously? my age is a factor now for making just a funny, bs post about my good friend Hays that I hang out with weekly?
    Well of course Joey.. Didn't you realize that some on this forum think of their age as a fortress, a shield? Instead of recognizing that you can learn from all walks of life, it seems some believe in self-superiority based upon age and/or other factors.

To Laker.. I recognize you said you're 'done with this silliness', but I reckon you'll probably still read this comment. If it makes you feel better to assume no logic in my opinion, by all means have at it. I explained my point clearly, and there is a difference between 'petty name calling' and legitimate opinion based on interaction and experience - the latter is exactly where I'm coming from. Your response was simply to backpedal...well, sure why not. I'm genuinely sorry you seem to consider yourself superior because of this (and apparently your age), but hopefully something at some point will open your eyes.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
    Well i must have forgotten that to have fun in life you should be old. lololol