Home General Discussion

Bad traders list?

I have recently become aware of several lists which are out there for use by people who have been ripped off in a deal involving cigars or accessories. These lists seem to be a useful tool to weed out scumbags and scammers.
I wonder if anyone out there thinks this would be a useful addition to this forum? I have become involved in one such transaction (scam) and I would like to stop others from also getting burned.
If you guys think it is a good idea I would volunteer to maintain/update this list on an on-going basis for the forum members here. Any comments / suggestions ?

Comments

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I would think it would be a good idea. Your bad deal is from this forum?
  • laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    phobicsquirrel:
    I would think it would be a good idea. Your bad deal is from this forum?

No Pheob's, this was an E-bay deal from some time ago. I was just surfing and came across a list, then another and I thought that with the recent episode happening here maybe it would be something that the BOTL here would appreciate. Maybe not thou...

The list I saw published the offender's name, e-mail accounts used, alias's, and address if known.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    By recent episode do you mean someone here?
    ebay and paypal both blow, and I will never use either again. Luckily though, everyone here is stand-up.. well there is this goofy urby fella... lol
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    What can I say, I prefer sitting down.
    urbino:
    lol
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    urbino:

Well.....that answers that question ROFLMAO!!
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Personally I'd hate to see the day when we need to have a bad trader list for this forum. I know people have gotten stiffed here, I'm one of them, but for the most part we've all played nice and kept up our end of trades and passes. If getting ripped off became a common occurrence around here, then I wouldn't be opposed to said list.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I too have been on the losing end of a deal but fortunately that person no longer frequents this site. Like Jozer said, it is few and far between though and I don't think it necessary here unless it was a more common occurrence.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I don't know could be a good thing to have. Don't think it is a common occurrence like rdnstn said but there are alot of newer people on the forums then there used to be.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    Is this a big problem here on the forums? I been coming here for only a couple of months, but from what I have read, everyone seems on the up and up.

"Long ashes my friends."

OK Sorry guys haven't been following this thread since yesterday. The wife and I took a mini holiday and stayed at a resort for the night.

Anyhow I should have mentioned when I asked about this that I was not thinking only of transactions here but that this list could serve all the BOTL here because let's face it we all do deals other places as well. This list would also serve to protect people who deal outside of these forums.
    Perhaps a better way to go would be to just post a link from time to time to the list' that are already out there ?
    Thats a good idea laker
  • tshawtshaw Posts: 178
    agreed, i think posting up constant links to unacceptable traders is a great idea
    laker1963:
    Anyhow I should have mentioned when I asked about this that I was not thinking only of transactions here but that this list could serve all the BOTL here because let's face it we all do deals other places as well.
    We do?
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    urbino:
    laker1963:
    Anyhow I should have mentioned when I asked about this that I was not thinking only of transactions here but that this list could serve all the BOTL here because let's face it we all do deals other places as well.
    We do?

I don't....i'm a one forum kinda guy...not that there's anything wrong with that!
    Same here---I really think you could find about anything you want here and seems to be a high integrity forum and a good bunch of guys/gals. Look at other sites for good deals and specials but will proably limit trades to this forum.....thats just me.
    gmill880:
    Same here---I really think you could find about anything you want here and seems to be a high integrity forum and a good bunch of guys/gals. Look at other sites for good deals and specials but will proably limit trades to this forum.....thats just me.

UMM this refers to the last three posters... I was refferring to where we aquire our smokes NOT what forum we visit. I
    I too only visit this forum. These lists are not part of other forums.
    Did I say something to lead you to think I was talking about forums?
    I think I will just let this whole thing drop.
    What I was referring to was these .the people on this forum, are the only traders I would engage in acquiring or exchanging cigars with. Regardless of how many forums I did or did not visit.
    Didn't mean to step on any toes
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gmill880:
    What I was referring to was these .the people on this forum, are the only traders I would engage in acquiring or exchanging cigars with. Regardless of how many forums I did or did not visit.
    Hey gmill ..we still like you. Did you get those pictures of my grandmother's money and Christmas Dinner ??
    hahaha ....how old did you say gran ma ma was again???
    gmill880:
    98..she'll add one more in February.. you better hurry.
    Haha I don't think my wife will let me keep her...even at 98.... hold on...whats that honey? My wife says how much money and how good can she cook ...lol
    gmill880:
    Haha I don't think my wife will let me keep her...even at 98.... hold on...whats that honey? My wife says how much money and how good can she cook ...lol
    She doesn't count it she weighs it, She Italian.. and that speaks for itself..
       I heard that!
    kaspera79:
    gmill880:
    98..she'll add one more in February.. you better hurry.
    Mine'll be 98 this upcoming year. Not Italian, though. And not rich. Funny as hell, though -- she's a wiseacre from way back -- and famous for her pies.
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    OK not to take this thread back to its original purpose BUT ...

DiasFlak
    Shane Kelly
    1836 east spring st
    new albany, indiana 47150
    DiasFlak@yahoo.com

This loser highjacked a mini pass we did here.
  • rdnstnrdnstn Posts: 993 ✭✭
    I thought he was going to be stand up because he set things straight with a couple other members but then he disappeared and never settled with Maddy. I do think that it qualifies him for Bad Trader status.
    Hey Maddy, what should we do with this information.. Other that never send anything to this address no matter what name the poster goes by.. We all know that there are people who may not be completely honest.. but what, we can't go to his house and take back what is not his ? Shane may still be lurking, maybe even posting under another name, but what good does this really do ? Except, Shane, that was a bull**** thing to do to the honest people here.. You have no class.