Home Ratings & Reviews

Grimalkin by Emilio Cigars

dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
Ok, bear with me...this is my first review.

It started off fairly spicy with a blast of black pepper and a touch of cinnamon. The initial aroma was like nothing I've experienced in a cigar...very pleasant, but I couldn't figure out exactly what it was. About half way through the first third the pepper gave way to a smooth cedar with hints of coffee. The slightest touch of cinnamon was still there as well as a little sweetness.

The halfway point brought in new fruit-like flavors...like unsweetened prunes (this may be the raisin that others experienced). The "prune" flavor, along with the cedar, coffee and touch of cinnamon continued as the dominant flavors to the nub.

The burn and draw were perfect from start to finish! I never picked up any of the citrus flavors or aromas that others have written about. I will give the other two sticks a while longer to rest before I revisit them. The Grimalkin is definitely worth trying. I'd love to see what some of the BOTL's with more seasoned palates have to say about this one.

"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Well done, Nice Review,,thank you...
  • lonewolf2011lonewolf2011 Posts: 503
    I have never seen or heard of this one. Where do you get them?
  • dbeckomdbeckom Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A very fine BOTL on here hooked me up with a few to try. I'm excited to see how these turn out with a couple months rest on em.

Little is known about the Grimalkin...there's no information available about the cigar itself, nor the blender responsible for these awesome cigars.

Along with these, I also got an Emilio AF-1 & AF-2. These are named for their blender...AJ Fernandez! Being a big AJ fan, I can't wait to toast one of these babies!

"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown

“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.”  Indian Proverb
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did a review on my blog. www.cigarcatadore.blogspot.com. Definitely on my top list for the year. Within the first 3 for sure so far.
    jsnake:
    I did a review on my blog. www.cigarcatadore.blogspot.com. Definitely on my top list for the year. Within the first 3 for sure so far.
    I just ran across your review a lil bit ago. The Grimalkin has definitely made my list of favorites. I can't wait to see what a couple months rest will do for them.

Both of you did some nice reviews, I will add it to my "hard to find list" and keep an eye out for them.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heard the Emilio AF1 and AF2 are supposed to be awesome too and I have those in my lineup for review coming soon.
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    lonewolf2011:
    Both of you did some nice reviews, I will add it to my "hard to find list" and keep an eye out for them.
    lone, I can hook you up if your interested but it might take me a couple weeks to pick em up.
    jsnake:
    Heard the Emilio AF1 and AF2 are supposed to be awesome too and I have those in my lineup for review coming soon.
    Those are resting beside my other two Grimalkins, waiting to be reviewed as well

amz1301:
    lonewolf2011:
    lone, I can hook you up if your interested but it might take me a couple weeks to pick em up.
    PM to you
  • amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    lonewolf2011:
    amz1301:
    lonewolf2011:
    PM to you
    replied