Home Ratings & Reviews

Viaje Summerfest Torpedo 2011

Viaje Summerfest 2011

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Preflight:

Reddish brown torpedo smells of tea with a cold draw of tea. Cold draw has a fruit appeal to it.

First third:

Incense starts this off in the nose on the first draw with sweet tea flavors on the finish. Zero harshness or pepper sting, smooth luxurious draws of airy white smoke. Finish is very short and clean. I've held on to these for almost two months and they are smoking beautifully. Flavors of wood and earth begin to show on the inch mark. Wood reflects as cedar but finishes with leather in the retrohale. Finish begins to lengthen showing some almond flavor. All this in the first two inches of the stick.

Second third:

Sit back and relax close your eyes as you draw the smoke into your mouth then exhale through your nose slowly. Now the almond flavor becomes a hazelnut in the retrohale and a creamy finish backs it up. The finish barely noticeable but nice. This can be retrohaled 100%. Cigar is a medium and no more no less.

Final third:

The play of flavors continue similar to the second third no increase in strength. Billowy and light is this cigar in spades. The flavors continue to play nicely with each other with no other changes.

Final thoughts:

Very relaxing, this cigar is a leisurely stroll down a winding path not rock wall climbing the North Face. What made this cigar so enjoyable is in the sea of drop you on your head cigars this is simple yet complex. Light as a feather and not a taste bud burner or a nicotine monster. Sometimes simple is better.

Comments

• The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Thanks, great review, been wonderin bout those
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Nice. Not a huge Viaje fan, but the Summerfest blend is great. Did you clip all of the shaggy foot off first?
  • t_evan50t_evan50 Posts: 1,725
    That looks to be the torp. With the clean foot. I've got a couple. I've heard they r far better than last years. Lookin forward to it. And thanks for the review.
    Wait, I guess I'm crazy (or am not keeping up with the 9,876,352,750,127 Viaje limited releases this week lol), or do the torps not have shaggy feet this year?
    docbp87:
    Wait, I guess I'm crazy (or am not keeping up with the 9,876,352,750,127 Viaje limited releases this week lol), or do the torps not have shaggy feet this year?
    Two different sticks, one does and one doesnt. They are the same as far as I can tell other than that.
    t_evan50:
    docbp87:
    Two different sticks, one does and one doesnt. They are the same as far as I can tell other than that.
    Looks like (after doing some research), that this year the toro had the shaggy foot, not the torpedo, which did last year.
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love these. Nice write up.
    docbp87:
    t_evan50:
    docbp87:
    Looks like (after doing some research), that this year the toro had the shaggy foot, not the torpedo, which did last year.
    yep u r right. The site I was looking at had the shape wrong on the shaggy.