Home General Discussion

Obsessive/Compulsive ?

Do you guys find yourself even though you know you have a humi or several full of great smokes back at the house still not being able to resist an old favorite,or something new, or on sale or something you heard about here on the forum when you go to your local b&m ? just something about leaving with that bag of goodies that makes you feel good and /or content ? is that obsessive compulsive ? I almost always leave with something.

Comments

• gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    Maybe i'm just severally lacking in willpower when it comes to cigars !!!
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    Its not obsessive compulsive. Obsessive compulsive would be checking your RH in your humis 30 times a day. Its just a love of all things cigar.

And yes I do the same thing. Dammit. That is why I have a coolerdor and a humi and still have to large ziplocks of overflow.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I've been pretty good about going to the local B&M and not buying anything. It's the online deals that kill be. 5 pack for $20 or 2 5 packs for $30. Etc...
  • bass8844bass8844 Posts: 416
    Tell me about it...I think I have enough smokes to last me 10 years but stil I search for more!

Its hard to resist a good deal or if you find a rare cigar that you've been looking for. My humis are bursting at the seams yet I still find myself buying more!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i do and dont. I know what will fit in the humidor. if its full i dont look as hard.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    One thing I've found that I always do when picking a smoke is pull out what I deem to be the least best I have in the humidor...it's like I'm afraid to smoke the higher-end stuff for fear I won't get a replacement for some time. I'm a single stick buyer, never purchased a box.
    Luko:
    One thing I've found that I always do when picking a smoke is pull out what I deem to be the least best I have in the humidor...it's like I'm afraid to smoke the higher-end stuff for fear I won't get a replacement for some time. I'm a single stick buyer, never purchased a box.
    You must be my brother from another mother. You just described me.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i used to do the same thing

...save the good ones for a special occasion. i got to the point where i had a humi full of very high end sticks and i didnt wanna smoke any of them. I smoke infrequently enough that every cigar is a special occasion. I ONLY smoke the good stuff now.
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    dam snobs
    Bad Andy:
    dam snobs
    poopy face.
  • dep691dep691 Posts: 311
    I used to buy alot of cigars when I first started smoking. Now I pretty much know what I like and keep plenty on hand. Now I do pickup a new cigar that I want to try, but I am more paticular now then I used to be.
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    dam snobs
    poopy face.
    nuh uh
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    Luko:
    One thing I've found that I always do when picking a smoke is pull out what I deem to be the least best I have in the humidor...it's like I'm afraid to smoke the higher-end stuff for fear I won't get a replacement for some time.
    Well, there's one problem I don't have, at least. I go to the humi and snag whatever I feel like smoking, though I do try not to smoke the expensive ones too often. Sometimes I know what I want and go get it; sometimes I just open up the humi and see what grabs me.
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I have the same problem Gene, No matter how much i have it's still not enough. Most of my Humi's are full and i still have 2 huge tupperdors that i stash sticks in. Obsessive is a pretty good word i guess, I'm afraid of a line i like going away suddenly leaving me on a scavenger hunt to find it.
    Bro, I got 7 Humis filled, one tupperware bowl and about 10 bags. I can't smoke enough. I guess my problem is not smoking, it's buying. Help........................................
  • PuroFreakPuroFreak Posts: 4,131 ✭✭
    Luko:
    I'm with you and Maddy on this one! I'm the SAME WAY!!! I have bought a few samplers, but never a box. I'm sure I will before too long, but I just like to have a large variety on hand. Then just like you said, I look for the least best smoke in the Humi and at the end I've got it full of high end stuff that I don't wanna smoke! haha Right now I've got a bunch of 5 Vegas and I'm REALLY looking forward to trying them!!!
    Bad Andy:
    madurofan:
    Bad Andy:
    dam snobs
    poopy face.
    nuh uh
    Are too.

Jetmech_63:
    I have the same problem Gene, No matter how much i have it's still not enough. Most of my Humi's are full and i still have 2 huge tupperdors that i stash sticks in. Obsessive is a pretty good word i guess, I'm afraid of a line i like going away suddenly leaving me on a scavenger hunt to find it.

I just got done seasoning my first tupperdor , but man glad to see i'm not the lone ranger on this one. I guess i'm as close to normal as a cigar junkie can be hahahah!!!

• I get a little compulsive when looking for Gurkha deals, but I do always try and support B & M when I can even if it's just one smoke.
  • bbc020bbc020 Posts: 1,422
    cigar junkie....now that is a title that probably applies to me. As long as I don't start stealing for my habit or make my life too unmanageable, I think I'm ok.
    OK, I was bad today. Spent another $100 on some cigars. Got some good deals though. I got a 5 pack of the Sol Cubano Artisan (salomon) for $25. Also got me a Nub Sampler, 5 Vegas Cask-Strength II Toro 5 pack, 5 Vegas All-Star 3-Cigar Sampler (free) and a Rocky Patel Fusion Toro 5 pack. Also free shipping. Can't beat it. I guess I am going to have to smoke a lot this weekend. And I mean, A LOT!

bbc020:
    cigar junkie....now that is a title that probably applies to me. As long as I don't start stealing for my habit or make my life too unmanageable, I think I'm ok.

right on bbc

if it wasn't for 'budget constraints' - cigar-buying restriction from my 'finance manager' (no really, thats her degree, i can't win) I would be the same way...
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    if it wasn't for 'budget constraints' - cigar-buying restriction from my 'finance manager' (no really, thats her degree, i can't win) I would be the same way...
    I'll have to note that and make sure I marry a "finance supplier"...how sweet that would be.

I've fallen right off the wagon of cigar buying sobriety recently..and I was doing so good for a week or two there. :)
    well at this point she makes more than me so she is a supplier of sorts but we are trying to pay off some stuff since we plan on having a kid. it will be worth it in the end
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    I'm sure it will be Andy. I kid with you on the earlier part, I understand full and well that a lot of you guys have more pressing financial obligations...for now I'm fortunate because I don't have that, but I'm sure it is only a matter of time until I'll be looking to settle down and start spawning too.
    i'm still getting used to it myself. It will be one year tuesday. My first, her second. It's interesting sometimes b/c I can get in that single-man mindset, reverting back to a knuckle dragger. I'll have plenty of cigars when the kid comes b/c I won't be able to smoke them.
    Congrats on the Tues. annv coming up Andy .......mine was 26 yrs past Dec. ....got married when I was an infant hahahahah
    thanks GM, I can't imagine 26 years quite yet but I'm sure it will be interesting
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Bad Andy:
    i'm still getting used to it myself. It will be one year tuesday. My first, her second. It's interesting sometimes b/c I can get in that single-man mindset, reverting back to a knuckle dragger. I'll have plenty of cigars when the kid comes b/c I won't be able to smoke them.
    One year! Hey Andy I've had fights with my wife that lasted longer than that ! Congratulations though, I'm at 20 years now.