Rothwell vs Hunt- Hunt tko
    Prelims:
    Ferguson vs Riley-Riley UD
    Ring vs Boetsch-Boetsch tko3
    Assuncao vs Yagin-?
    Mizugaki vs Escovedo-Mizugaki UD
    Te Huna vs Romero-Te Huna UD

Wow......Rampage in round 1.
    On this I could totally see Rampage pulling off a KO in rd 1. If Jones stands with him and Rampage closes the gap it could be a quick night for Jones.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    j0z3r:
    Main Card:
    Jones vs Jackson- Rampage ko rd 1
    Hughes vs Koscheck- Hughes sub rd 2
    Browne vs Broughton-Browne tko
    Diaz vs Gomi-Diaz UD
    Prelims:
    Assuncao vs Yagin-?

On this I could totally see Rampage pulling off a KO in rd 1. If Jones stands with him and Rampage closes the gap it could be a quick night for Jones.
    That's my thinking. Rampage has some of the best boxing, all around (striking, angles and footwork), in mma, and I definitely think that if he is able to lay hands on Bones it may well be a short fight. I'm not surprised that Jones is the favorite, he has more ways to win for sure and on paper he should win about 8 times out of 10, but we've seen time and again that fights don't happen on paper and it doesn't take much for the unexpected to happen. I'm more excited for this fight than I have been since Lesnar v Velasquez. To me this fight really legitimizes Bones as a top lhw should he win, my thinking there is that aside from Shogun, he has only fought B level competition, and Rampage is definitely his toughest test to date.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    j0z3r:
    Main Card:
    Diaz vs Gomi-Diaz UD
    Prelims:
    Assuncao vs Yagin-?

That's my thinking. Rampage has some of the best boxing, all around (striking, angles and footwork), in mma, and I definitely think that if he is able to lay hands on Bones it may well be a short fight. I'm not surprised that Jones is the favorite, he has more ways to win for sure and on paper he should win about 8 times out of 10, but we've seen time and again that fights don't happen on paper and it doesn't take much for the unexpected to happen. I'm more excited for this fight than I have been since Lesnar v Velasquez. To me this fight really legitimizes Bones as a top lhw should he win, my thinking there is that aside from Shogun, he has only fought B level competition, and Rampage is definitely his toughest test to date.
    I feel like this is his first true test. Shogun didn't show up for that fight. Jones has reach, striking and ground and pound to hurt anybody in the lhw division but Rampage is well Rampage. He can knock anybody out on any given day. I'm mad excited about this fight. My heart is totally for Rampage in this fight.
  • CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    j0z3r:
    Main Card:
    Diaz vs Gomi-Diaz UD
    Prelims:
    Assuncao vs Yagin-?

I feel like this is his first true test. Shogun didn't show up for that fight. Jones has reach, striking and ground and pound to hurt anybody in the lhw division but Rampage is well Rampage. He can knock anybody out on any given day. I'm mad excited about this fight. My heart is totally for Rampage in this fight.

I am so syked for this....I can see ur arguments, if rampage runs in and lands a right, who knows if jones can take it. Jones hasn't been touched yet. I wouldn't however throw the not showin up card on Jones for destroying Shogun, he is a bad dude. Shogun has much of the same fighting style as Jones and still he got picked apart. Rampage on the other hand has went the distance in his last 4 fights. In other words unable to finish....however I don't see this going the distance either way it turns out. I can't wait.....
    By the way did anyone watch The Ultimate Fighter last night? I'm still watching it now (thanks to the dvr of course). There has been some insane knockouts....I love it.....
    CvilleE:
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    j0z3r:
    Main Card:
    Diaz vs Gomi-Diaz UD
    Prelims:
    Assuncao vs Yagin-?

I am so syked for this....I can see ur arguments, if rampage runs in and lands a right, who knows if jones can take it. Jones hasn't been touched yet. I wouldn't however throw the not showin up card on Jones for destroying Shogun, he is a bad dude. Shogun has much of the same fighting style as Jones and still he got picked apart. Rampage on the other hand has went the distance in his last 4 fights. In other words unable to finish....however I don't see this going the distance either way it turns out. I can't wait.....
    Ever since I first saw Shogun back in Pride I've been a huge fan and Shogun is a bad dude but that wasn't Shogun that showed up against Jones imo. Just like with the first Forrest fight. He simply didn't show up. Whenever he's coming off of a surgery he always struggles badly.
    CvilleE:
    By the way did anyone watch The Ultimate Fighter last night? I'm still watching it now (thanks to the dvr of course). There has been some insane knockouts....I love it.....
    No I was at work and didn't get to see it. I haven't been a big TUF fan but it sucks I had to miss what sounds like a good episode
    ENFIDL:
    CvilleE:
    No I was at work and didn't get to see it. I haven't been a big TUF fan but it sucks I had to miss what sounds like a good episode
    Yeah it was a great elimination round. They added a kicker this year...putting the bantamweights and featherweight in the same season. They had 8 fights for each divison. Also Dana announce that the fans get to vote for the best submission, best knockout, and best fight of the season. Reward is 25,000 in benjamins for each. They all came out swinging for the fences. Very entertaining.
    Start the countdown. I don't care how this fight turns out, I think these two are going to deliver a badass fight. Pulling for Rampage, but more than anything I want a fight that makes me jump up and shout.
  • Bobbo2009Bobbo2009 Posts: 915 ✭✭✭
    j0z3r:
    Start the countdown. I don't care how this fight turns out, I think these two are going to deliver a badass fight. Pulling for Rampage, but more than anything I want a fight that makes me jump up and shout.

I totally agree on the jump up and shout comment. I'm hoping for some fireworks in that fight. I am pulling for Jones in the fight, but I won't be upset if Rampage knocks his head off in the first 30 seconds either. To me, this will be the biggest test of Jones' career. Can he handle a hard punch? Or two? Or three? Can Rampage deal with Jones and his take down? I won't be able to watch the fight until later that night/morning so I have to stay away from the computer and phone apps for 5-6 hours until I get home.

Rob
    I'm interested to see if Jones can get the takedown. He utilizes the Greco clinch and throw game very well, but Rampage has a very strong and stable core, so I'm wondering if the greco clinch can be effective against him. So many complexities to this fight that can turn the tide one way or the other.
    j0z3r:
    I'm interested to see if Jones can get the takedown. He utilizes the Greco clinch and throw game very well, but Rampage has a very strong and stable core, so I'm wondering if the greco clinch can be effective against him. So many complexities to this fight that can turn the tide one way or the other.
    I'm thinking the exact same thing. Rampage's TD defense is nasty. His hip strength is sick and Rashad even said he was the hardest person to TD.

So they had Jones and Rampage on Sportscenter yesterday. Rampage spent more than 1 MILLION dollars on his training camp! :-o I knew the guy was loaded but wow. That's insane.
    Well, I'll be happy to eat my crow. Jones is the real deal, he had his first true test and passed it.
    j0z3r:
    Well, I'll be happy to eat my crow. Jones is the real deal, he had his first true test and passed it.
    Same here. Although I still can't stand him and hope Evans destroys him lol
    ENFIDL:
    j0z3r:
    Same here. Although I still can't stand him and hope Evans destroys him lol

I'm kinda pissed at some of the ways Jones acted, the crawl at the beginning of the fight, waving fingers in Rampage's face, and the way he got up flipping Rampage at the end of the 2nd round. Reminded me a lot of Anderson Silva and the way he taunts people. I'm don't like too much of that. Other than that though good game plan to throw Rampage off guard with the kicks, keeping his distance, and ultimately taking it to the ground after he tired Rampage up a little.
  • Evans will be going down.... that for sure will be a cigar night! Now i just need to find some cigar friends..... HAHA!
    I'm stoked to see a title fight for free this weekend. Admittedly, I'm not the biggest Dominick Cruz fan, I don't much care for his point fighting/round winning style, I'd rather see a guy go after the finish. That said, he is a good fighter and I think Mighty Mouse is going to push the pace and force Cruz to work. I have a hard time seeing Demetrious winning this fight only because Cruz is so fleet-footed and on point with his striking. However it goes though, I think it will be interesting.
    I wish I could go! I had free cageside tickets available but have to pick up the fiance up from the airport. Very sad :( The IAVA got a whole mess of cageside tickets from the UFC to give to Iraq and Afghanistan vets in the area who are part of the IAVA. Oh well. Anyways I see Cruz winning it. I do wish he'd go for the finish more like you Joe. I think the Brennaman vs Johnson fight will be really good. I'd have to pick Johnson but that's a tough call for me
    I'd go Johnson too, if for no other reason than because he hits hard and Brenneman has a questionable chin. Maybe the KO loss was a fluke, I think this fight will be very telling as to Charlie Brenneman's long term viability...hope Rumble doesn't decide to try and wrestle him to death enroute to a decision, that would be disappointing.
    I'm with ya there Joe. I really hope Johnson goes hard and for a finish and not lay and pray for a decision. I'm excited to see how Brenneman will do because like you said it'll show us exactly where he's at in the division.
    And, like usual, the only interesting thing about a Cruz fight was his opponent. Mighty Mouse is a little beast.
    He needs to wear the Mighty Mouse cape to the cage that'd be b.a.!
    How bout some picks for Edgar Maynard III. The card looks a little something like this.

Frank Edgar v Gray Maynard LW Title
    Jose Aldo v Kenny Florian FW Title
    Chael Sonnen v Brian Stann, probably #1 contender match
    Melvin Guillard v Joe Lauzon
    Demian Maia v Jorge Santiago
    Anthony Pettis v Jeremy Stephens
    Joey Beltran v Stipe Miocic
    Steve Cantwell v Mike Massenzio
    Darren Elkins v Zhang Tie Quan
    Leonard Garcia v Nam Phan
    Eric Schaffer v Aaron Simpson.

I've got:

Edgar
    Aldo
    Sonnen
    Lauzon
    Maia
    Pettis
    Beltran
    Massenzio
    Quan
    Phan
    Simpson.
    j0z3r:
    How bout some picks for Edgar Maynard III. The card looks a little something like this.

Frank Edgar v Gray Maynard LW Title
    Jose Aldo v Kenny Florian FW Title
    Chael Sonnen v Brian Stann, probably #1 contender match
    Melvin Guillard v Joe Lauzon
    Demian Maia v Jorge Santiago
    Anthony Pettis v Jeremy Stephens
    Joey Beltran v Stipe Miocic
    Steve Cantwell v Mike Massenzio
    Darren Elkins v Zhang Tie Quan
    Leonard Garcia v Nam Phan
    Eric Schaffer v Aaron Simpson.

Maynard
    Aldo
    Sonnen
    Guillard
    Maia
    Stephens
    Beltran
    Cantwell
    Elkins
    Phan
    Simpson
    I'm still thinking over my picks for this weekend but major news today. Jones vs Machida at UFC 140! I've said for awhile that I could see 2 people beating Jones. Evans because they used to train together and Machida because of his counterstriking. I've never been a Machida fan but I think his style could pose problems for Jones. But Machida has never tried to counterstrike with someone with Jones length so I think it should make for a great fight
    First and foremost, I'm a Machida fan, I enjoy watching him and his style interests me. I think he is a guy that can give Jones problems. With all that said, I don't like this fight simply for the fact that Machida has not earned a shot, beating Randy just isn't enough after two losses, even though I would argue that he beat Rampage. And honestly, I'm not really sure it will be a good fight, I can easily see the pace being slow and not a lot of action taking place...I hope I'm dead wrong on that last count.
    j0z3r:
    First and foremost, I'm a Machida fan, I enjoy watching him and his style interests me. I think he is a guy that can give Jones problems. With all that said, I don't like this fight simply for the fact that Machida has not earned a shot, beating Randy just isn't enough after two losses, even though I would argue that he beat Rampage. And honestly, I'm not really sure it will be a good fight, I can easily see the pace being slow and not a lot of action taking place...I hope I'm dead wrong on that last count.
    If you look at the light heavy weight division then you can see why Machida got this fight. There isn't anyone else out there right now to put against Jones. Everyone is either hurt or coming off a loss. I still think this will be a good fight, but would have rather seen it with a healthy Evans.
    Maybe I should have worded that differently I love Machida's style but I'm not a fan of him. I dunno just something about him. I love how he fights and his ability to finish people. I think it'll be a slow paced fight but I really do think Machida can give Jones a good fight. I would rather rather see the belt back on Machida's waist than to stay on Jones's. Joe I'm with you on him not earning the shot but like cville said there's nobody else there due to injuries and losses. I was thinking they might scrap the Shogun vs Hendo fight to make Hendo vs Jones and throw Shogun somebody else.
    I realize why they made the fight, but I still don't agree with it. Holding a fight off for a month or two has never been a problem before, so why not let the rightful #1 contender get healthy and give him his shot? Doesn't matter though, I think Jones Machida is more interesting anyway.