Home Trades, Passes and Bombs

Movie Trivia Pass

Comments

• StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    This movie begins with the words "I believe in America." During a scene there was an actual real severed head that was used in the filming.

1. What is the name of this Movie?
    2. Whos head was it? (name in the movie)
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    The Godfaher, Khartoum
  • StoogeeStoogee Posts: 157
    I hate internet searches. I have your addy still from the superbowl game Ill get some sticks headed your way.
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    Yeah, we should make a no-google rule for this.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    lol, that's why I started mine off with some toughies..
    Actually i love the Godfather and the "i believe in america" gave it away for me. I just had to google the horses name :) I'll post my question later, need to do some research to make sure it's google-proof.
    Man google is a ****! I think i google-proofed this one though:
    This movie centered on a significant event in history. 3 of the people who took part in the actual event, played themselves in the movie. Hint: The original movie was black and white.
    What movie was it?
    Who were the 3 that played themselves
  • urbinourbino Posts: 4,517
    "The 10 Commandments", Moses, Pharaoh, and The Burning Bush (who went on to become a very underrated character actor)
  • LukoLuko Posts: 2,003 ✭✭
    urbino:
    "The 10 Commandments", Moses, Pharaoh, and The Burning Bush (who went on to become a very underrated character actor)
    Ha...he was always type cast, though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947

urbino:

Ha !

• kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    urbino:
    How the hell can you be so fricken funny and not be on T.V. ?
    Bad agent?
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    kaspera79:
    urbino:
    How the hell can you be so fricken funny and not be on T.V. ?
    He did have a comedy show on BBC America...nobody understood the humor and they canceled it.
    The price of genius.
    Jetmech_63:
    Man google is a ****! I think i google-proofed this one though:
    This movie centered on a significant event in history. 3 of the people who took part in the actual event, played themselves in the movie. Hint: The original movie was black and white.
    What movie was it?
    Who were the 3 that played themselves

Hint Numero Uno: An actor in this movie also made regular appearances in a popular comedy show in the early 70's.
  • Garen BGaren B Posts: 977
    Movie is Sands of Iwo Jima, the actors who played themselves are Ira Hayes, Rene Gargon and John Bradley, the guys responsible for raising the flag on Suribachi.
    CRAP!!! I thought i had a good one there!! John Wayne was the other actor and he made regular appearances on Laugh-In. I have your address from the superbowl game and i'll get some sticks in the mail. As an added plus, (kinda the reason i chose that question) last deployment when i was in Iwakuni i had a chance to visit Iwo Jima and i got a brought back a bunch of the black sand from the invasion beach. I'll include some in the package.
    Let's see if this one holds out for at least a few hours before someone gets it.

This film was originally a book, and one of the main distinctions of the film is that the action and chronology of the film is almost unchanged from the book i.e. the last few lines of the movie are on the last page of the book.
    hmmm, maybe another hint.. lol
    Sorry, was vague to make it a little bit harder.

Ok, the 3 main characters of the film are never seen together throughout the entire film. And the director(s) share the record of most Oscar nominations for one person for one film.

Your pass just got here Jet and I think you hacked my computer and found my cigar wishlist.
    Garen B:
    Sorry, was vague to make it a little bit harder.

Ok, the 3 main characters of the film are never seen together throughout the entire film. And the director(s) share the record of most Oscar nominations for one person for one film.

Your pass just got here Jet and I think you hacked my computer and found my cigar wishlist.
    From Here To Eternity
    I dunno if that's right, but it's a great movie.
    urbino:
    I dunno if that's right, but it's a great movie.
    eh, thought I give it a try...
    Great movie, but sadly no, its not the right one. So here's another clue:

In 1979, in San Antonio, a federal judge was shot and killed by a contract killer named Charles Harrelson. This is referenced in the movie and one of the actors in said movie is the son of the assassin.

• I believe it is "no country for old men", but I'm not sure.
    Holy Crap dude you got it. PM me your address and I'll get those sticks out to you asap. Looks like I got an excuse to hit up the B&M this week. :)
  • Garen B:
    Holy Crap dude you got it. PM me your address and I'll get those sticks out to you asap. Looks like I got an excuse to hit up the B&M this week. :)
    Sweet. PM sent. I guess I get to ask a trivia question then. This movie, by an acadamy award winning director, was described as "muppets on acid." Name the movie and the director.
    agctribefan:
    Garen B:
    Sweet. PM sent. I guess I get to ask a trivia question then. This movie, by an acadamy award winning director, was described as "muppets on acid." Name the movie and the director.
    meet the feebles, peter jackson (if it is the film, it's a must see!)
  • phobicsquirrel:
    agctribefan:
    Garen B:
    meet the feebles, peter jackson (if it is the film, it's a must see!)
    Damn you got that real fast! I love this movie! I't is so sick and twisted its great. I recommend it to everyone. Squirrel send me your snailer and I will get something out to you. I thought that would last a little longer.
    Yeah but I know jackson's films and I love the b movies... well mainly horror.