Home Ratings & Reviews

Quesada Octoberfest

I came across these Quesada Octoberfest cigars and by there appearance they look like a great smoke so I purchased five. I allowed them to sit for a week and I came across some Samuel Adam Octoberfest beer and decided to give them a try. From my understanding from reading about these they are meant to go with beer and the flavor is enhanced by drinking a cold one with them. Got home and went out on the back porch and fired her up. The foot of the cigar of the Quesada Oktoberst fest starts off smoky to the nose, with some subtle spices. The cold draw serves up some notes of earth, and smoked wood. I started off without the beer however, while good the beer really did brings the nuances of the cigar out. What remains is a nice dark chocolate note and some wood that boarders on oak. Be prepared this is a slow burning cigar but as you enter the second third of the cigar there are some leather notes that join a mix of dark chocolate, and nuts. Each sip of beer really bring the notes out it's really strange how it does that. The last third of the cigar becomes the smoothest and richest part of the smoke. The dark notes of chocolate become slightly sweeter and the notes of nuts extend into the nice finish of the cigar.This slow burning cigar burns like very evenly, with a nice ash that holds fairly well. The draw was perfect with a nice toasty aroma to the nose. I drank 2 bottles of beer with my cigar which was the perfect way to end the day.I figured the name Oktoberfest was just a marketing ploy, but this cigar is no joke and would definitely recommend. I am sure you can enjoy this without the beer if you're not a beer drinker however,to truly experience the cigar it should be paired with a hearty beer.

Comments

• This sounds like a great smoke, where did you come across these at?
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice review BW. Been wondering about this blend.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I had one of these a few weeks ago with a buddy and you are spot on. Perfect burn, great flavor, slow smoker and absolutely GREAT with a Sam Adam's Octoberfest. I too thought the same thing, just a gimmick, passed over em a few times. Then my buddy bought one and I figured what the heck, I smoke enough other stuff, why not try em. Great review and I concur!
  • So where can I find one of these. I really want to try one now. The sam adams octoberfest beer is one of my favorites. Help me find these... Or if anyone has any. I will trade
  • kevin1323kevin1323 Posts: 294
    PM to you Dopeyferree
  • e6specialke6specialk Posts: 216
    These sound great as I also enjoy Sam Adams Octoberfest. Can someone please tell me where I can get a hold of some of these?
  • Bucking_WBucking_W Posts: 208 ✭✭
    I bought them from a local Cigar Bar in Austin, Texas However I have googled them and found several online retailers selling them at a decent cost.
  • OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    PM me. I think I can get a hold of some
  • I love Sam Adams Octoberfest. its done for the year now, i went and picked up a few cases with the longest date notch on them and will hopefully last awhile. i need to try and find one of these sticks to try with one!