San Lotano Habano

beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
This is my go to cigar. Love it!

Comments

• Agreed
  • LasabarLasabar Posts: 4,472 ✭✭✭
    beatnic:
    Damn YOU! Shut it!!! I have my 10 I got, I even have a 5er of Connecticut's and 5 of OVALS... But TIM just emailed me wondering how they are.. I want to order more SOOOOOO bad, but have a new god-daughter to take care of for her baptism is this weekend.... STOP TALKING!!!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    Lasabar:
    beatnic:
    Damn YOU! Shut it!!! I have my 10 I got, I even have a 5er of Connecticut's and 5 of OVALS... But TIM just emailed me wondering how they are.. I want to order more SOOOOOO bad, but have a new god-daughter to take care of for her baptism is this weekend.... STOP TALKING!!!
    i still have a handful left from when i visited the factory. ive smoked one or two a month since. thats more frequent than any other cigar in the same time period. i guess it has been my go to as well.
  • KriegKrieg Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭
    one of my favorite sticks, been wanting to try the oval, just keep missing it on the sprint site.

"Long ashes my friends."

• laker1963laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    ALWAYS have some of these in my cooler. These have been a mainstay since they first came available. One of AJ's finest in my opinion.
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    What's a box price on these?
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    They ain't cheap. You'll pay +$5/stick at discount. But I'm a junkie for these things.
  • docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    beatnic:
    They ain't cheap. You'll pay +$5/stick at discount. But I'm a junkie for these things.
    5 a stick is cheap for a halfway decent cigar, which these definitely are!
    docbp87:
    beatnic:
    Not everyone lights up an Opus X after breakfast every morning, doc.
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Just had my first one last night. And while the weather was creating some smoke problems the cigar tasted amazing.

• amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    If you're a fan of this stick read what Alex wrote about it a while back. Do yourself a favor, try it.

Alex Svenson:
    Great review. I have found this cigar to be the best Ribeye steak pairing cigaar in the world. Light this up same time or after a ribeye and the smoke just clings perfectly to the fat cells and the flavor of the tobacco seems to almost seamlessly compliment the meat.. It is an odd observation, but since i stumbled on it, I am hooked. I cant eat steak anymore without one of these sticks nearby.
  • allsmokedupallsmokedup Posts: 751 ✭✭
    I've only had the maduro and I've liked it... I want to try the habano, but my humi is overflowing!

Does anyone want to trade a few of the maduros for a few habanos?

beatnic:
    docbp87:
    beatnic:
    Har har har... but seriously, the 5$ price point is low for a premium cigar, regardless of what you smoke (unless you're smoking white owls...)
    docbp87:
    beatnic:
    docbp87:
    beatnic:
    Har har har... but seriously, the 5$ price point is low for a premium cigar, regardless of what you smoke (unless you're smoking white owls...)
    no doubt!, sir.
  • 90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Had my first one of these last night... VERY impressed, but got peppery and hot at the end for me, so finish wasn't as strong, but overall something I enjoyed immensely and will want more of :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Anyone know why these aren't for sale on the site itself?
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    y2pascoe:
    they are a B&M exclusive product. The only reason we can get em from our reps is because of AJs relationship with ccom. But even ccom can't offer them publicly online.
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    they are a B&M exclusive product. The only reason we can get em from our reps is because of AJs relationship with ccom. But even ccom can't offer them publicly online.
    Which to me is silly. If it is going to be a B&M exclusive, and be a stick made to help bolster the suffering brick and mortar industry, then stick to it... Heck, CCom had the Oval available to us before any B&Ms even got them!
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    Which to me is silly. If it is going to be a B&M exclusive, and be a stick made to help bolster the suffering brick and mortar industry, then stick to it... Heck, CCom had the Oval available to us before any B&Ms even got them!
    I see the logic in sticking to your intentions but personally I'm glad they're available here since there aren't any B&M's near me that would carry such an unheard of cigar.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    I see the logic in sticking to your intentions but personally I'm glad they're available here since there aren't any B&M's near me that would carry such an unheard of cigar.
    im not sure how unheard of it is anymore. they have ads out in many of the major cigar publications.
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    im not sure how unheard of it is anymore. they have ads out in many of the major cigar publications.
    Agreed. It gets plenty of press on the big websites, and in the big magazines.
  • bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    Yeah, I agree too. It's not unheard of in normal cigar circles. I'm saying all the B&Ms near me don't carry it or any other cigar that doesn't sell by the millions. It's discouraging and I'm psyched I can get them here on this wonderful site.
  • CAcigarguy007CAcigarguy007 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just gotta add bog 'ol +1 to all the positive reviews of the SL. I was fortunate to be able to hit the deals pretty hard from my ninja Andy D when they came out so I am well stocked on the SL Habano and at $3 a pop it was money well spent. I plan to age 20 of them for a long nap and will smoke the rest at intervals to see how things progress. They are definitely one of my favorite cigars. AJ did a heck of a job with this blend.
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I just received my order of San Lotano Ovals from CCom. I am glad that they are available as my town has no B&M and is a wasteland as far as good cigars and bourbon goes. I have to order everything I want.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    kuzi16:
    bigharpoon:
    docbp87:
    BigT06:
    y2pascoe:
    Yeah, I agree too. It's not unheard of in normal cigar circles. I'm saying all the B&Ms near me don't carry it or any other cigar that doesn't sell by the millions. It's discouraging and I'm psyched I can get them here on this wonderful site.
    I agree that "exclusive" should mean exclusive... BUT since there are no B&Ms in my area, and they would cost me 3x as much per stick, PLUS the $30 of gas to get to the shop and back... I will stick to buying them from ccom! This blend wasn't b&m exclusive for the sake of helping out b&ms... it was for the sake of getting the brand and AJs name to people in local, concentrated areas, like b&ms can do. I think ccom has done enough for AJ to have the right to offer loyal customers the cigars that they want. I'm pretty sure if you asked AJ, he'd agree...
    BigT06:
    I agree that "exclusive" should mean exclusive... BUT since there are no B&Ms in my area, and they would cost me 3x as much per stick, PLUS the $30 of gas to get to the shop and back... I will stick to buying them from ccom!

Oh I totally appreciate that, and agree.
    BigT06:
    This blend wasn't b&m exclusive for the sake of helping out b&ms... it was for the sake of getting the brand and AJs name to people in local, concentrated areas, like b&ms can do.
    I don't think so. If that was the case, why not offer it to online retailers as well as in B&Ms? That B&M exclusive thing, which several brands have done, is simply a reaction to the online mega mart mentality (and pricing) that a lot of Mom and Pops can't compete with, and suffer as a result of.
    BigT06:
    I think ccom has done enough for AJ to have the right to offer loyal customers the cigars that they want. I'm pretty sure if you asked AJ, he'd agree...
    I'm sure that this is exactly the reason that CCom does have such access to these. That said, AJ had quite a reputation before some of his CCom/CI exclusive stuff became successful (he has done blends for Rocky, and a few other "big" names), not to mention his tutelage under Don Robaina.
  • I just picked one up from a BnM near me on the suggestion of the guy working
    Can't wait to give it a go! I have smoked a couple full-bodied sticks to day so I will wait till maybe saturday when I can chill and sit, slow down and take time time to really enjoy this one
    I've been going for the fuller-bodied sticks on my ride home from work all week so I am getting a little burnt out
  • Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    I ordered a box today from CCom to keep my Ovals company.
  • GrazuhGrazuh Posts: 164
    Did you guys see you can order San Lotanos through the site now? I thought I was going crazy because I lost the email and couldn't find them on the site. I did some digging trough my history and found the link:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=805&campsrc=true
  • stephen_hannibalstephen_hannibal Posts: 4,317
    Grazuh:
    Did you guys see you can order San Lotanos through the site now? I thought I was going crazy because I lost the email and couldn't find them on the site. I did some digging trough my history and found the link:

http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=805&campsrc=true
    Thank You sir... I'll be hitting this up very soon.