Home Non Cigar Related

NBA Lockout

y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
Thoughts? Do you side with the players, the owners, or is it just greed all around? I can't believe these guys are are **** over fractions of millions of dollars to play basketball, when hard working Americans are scraping a living to keep their families afloat. God, I love pro sports, but also despise it.

Comments

• gripnripgripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    This should be in the apathy thread.
  • beatnicbeatnic Posts: 4,133
    I think we should Occupy The Arenas. These cats make way too much money! Why not, everybody else is doing it. !LOL
  • I really dont care how much they make....I like the NBA....I go to numerous OKC Thunder games per year, but I HATE THE TICKET PRICES.... There is no reason why an upper level ticket should be $50 plus dollars....$100 plus to sit in first 15 rows of areana, REDICULOUS
  • deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    I hope they don't play all season. That way the Buck's can not ruin Wisconsin Sports.
  • zoom6zoomzoom6zoom Posts: 1,214
    Gee, I wish I could demand revenue sharing from my employer.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    Now I have more time to watch hockey--------stay gone for the whole year please.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Vulchor:
    Now I have more time to watch hockey--------stay gone for the whole year please.
    I'm with you on this one Vulchor... I do however enjoy College Basketball.
  • VulchorVulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I do too actually, more come March.....but I tune in and out throughout the conference season as well.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I couldn't care less about basketball.
  • The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    For me its greed all around when it comes to professional sports period, not just the NBA. When people who actually contribute tangible services to society are struggling to make ends meet, and atheletes are going on strike because they feel they dont make AS MANY millions of dollars as they feel they should, something is definitely FUBAR.

Since this is an NBA thread, I will use them as an example. Taken from the web site hoopshype.com...

1. Kobe Bryant - $25M+
    2. Rashard Lewis - $22M+
    4. Kevin Garnett - $21M+

Those numbers are PER SEASON by the way, not an entire multi-year contract. Rashard Lewis averaged 11.7 points last season. I honestly didnt even know he was in the league.

Last week, Kobe Bryant and Kevin Garnett stormed into a labor negotiation meeting and by accounts of people who were there destroyed all progress that had been made to that point.

THESE **** PLAY AN 82 GAME SCHEDULE!!!! Thats performing their job less than 23% of the year. I know practices, offseason conditioning, etc but come on! And basketball isnt a "barbaric" sport like football, where you wreck your body and have to live with it for the rest of your life.

And dont even get me started on the owners. Like somebody said earlier in the thread, $50 for nosebleed seats to an NBA regular season game... for a family of four thats $200 just to get in the gate, PLUS whatever ridiculous rate your team charges for parking to get TO the gate, PLUS the outrageous prices of the exotic culinary delights (y'know, hard to get stuff like popcorn, soda, Barbie sized beers, etc) you purchase ONCE you're in the gate, God forbid your family wants to show some actual team spirit with a hat, jersey, or foam finger... you're looking at an EASY $300-$400 for your family to be entertained FOR AN HOUR?

The subject of money and sports is the definition of LUDICROUS.