Home General Discussion

Just when I thought I was done......

ordering cigars I open my E-mail to find specials on more cigars and good ones for that matter....got to resist....don't need nomore............................................ah hell with it!!

Comments

• jlzimmermanjlzimmerman Posts: 282
    DO EEEET!! This is why I need a bigger humidor. Mine is full but I want many more : (
  • madurofanmadurofan Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭
    My humidor is full. My travel humidor is full. All the plastic bags from ccom are full. Half of my wife's tupperware is full. Its a problem. I need a cabinet.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    this is why i have a budget. It has nothing to do with my wife. It has everything to do with how many cigars i can physically smoke in a month. in the warm months i top out at about 4 a week. in the winter... lets not talk about that now. its 70 here and i am smoking a camacho 1962 torp. tomorrow will be another cigar.
    LOL kuzi maybe this budget thing isn't a bad idea. My problem has always been that I treat budgets like rules ... they're made to be broken. You know kuz ever winter I swear I'm going to build a screened in porch with one of those fans that has the heater element then every spring I think, neh its a waste of money.
    madurofan:
    LOL kuzi maybe this budget thing isn't a bad idea. My problem has always been that I treat budgets like rules ... they're made to be broken. You know kuz ever winter I swear I'm going to build a screened in porch with one of those fans that has the heater element then every spring I think, neh its a waste of money.
    just like this year will be the year i buy a space heater for my garage... it will also be the third year of me saying that.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Madurofan, you said that your humidor is full and that was a problem. Thats a problem we all would like to have. Lets all help with this problem...Party at Maduros !!!
    LOL I'd love to have a cigar party! Its not a problem, the only problem is I can't stop buying cigars lol. Kaspera you live outside of chicago? I'm supposed to go to a class some where outside of Chicago here soon. Maybe I'll have to share some of my wealth if I end up out there, haha.
    kaspera79:
    Madurofan, you said that your humidor is full and that was a problem. Thats a problem we all would like to have. Lets all help with this problem...Party at Maduros !!!

madurofan:
    LOL I'd love to have a cigar party! Its not a problem, the only problem is I can't stop buying cigars lol. Kaspera you live outside of chicago? I'm supposed to go to a class some where outside of Chicago here soon. Maybe I'll have to share some of my wealth if I end up out there, haha.
    kaspera, you are in chicago. Madurofan you are in VA.

Im in ohio. bring you smokes to my house. 1/2 the driving for the both of you. I have a grill and a fire pit.
    hmmmm mighty tempting kuzi. lol
    ill see if i can put a sit down together but my summer schedual is actually very full.
    Yea my schedule is full too. It seems anymore I need to give 6 months notice to have time to take a crap. This weekend will be the first one I've spent at home in well over 2 months.
  • madurofan:
    My humidor is full. My travel humidor is full. All the plastic bags from ccom are full. Half of my wife's tupperware is full. Its a problem. I need a cabinet.

LOL... and here I was thinking I was strange for keeping the CCOM bags... right now they're being put to good use storing my CCOM house blends, though, since my two desktop humidors are full. Spent a good chunk of my tax rebate on stogies... ran out of space.
  • j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    This is an incredible phenomenon which seems to be fairly wide spread. Its almost as if we are unable to cope with empty humidor space so we pack our poor humis to the gills and beyond. I keep telling myself that I don't have room and I shouldn't buy any more cigars, and just as soon as I finish lecturing myself it seems my hand has found the mouse and I'm on ccom buying something, probably because I noticed 2-3 square inches of empty space. Do they have a "Cigar buyers anonymous" type group, cuz I have a problem :).

Joe
    I can be there before the sun goes down, start the grill!
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    Hey, I'm just outside of Detroit. Where in Ohio? I'm on my way to joun the Cigar-B-Que!!!
  • kaveniuskavenius Posts: 46
    I'm on my way to join the Cigar-B-Que!!! Wait for me!
  • ashmasterashmaster Posts: 237
    j0z3r:
    This is an incredible phenomenon which seems to be fairly wide spread. Its almost as if we are unable to cope with empty humidor space so we pack our poor humis to the gills and beyond. I keep telling myself that I don't have room and I shouldn't buy any more cigars, and just as soon as I finish lecturing myself it seems my hand has found the mouse and I'm on ccom buying something, probably because I noticed 2-3 square inches of empty space. Do they have a "Cigar buyers anonymous" type group, cuz I have a problem :).

Joe
    Joe, I most certainly couldn't have said it better myself!!!!
    ashmaster:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    LOL JOE DO NOT i repeat DO NOT tell my wife of this Cigar buyers anonymous!
    Just wanted to let everyone know I solved my cigar storage problem, well temporarily anyways. I built a tupperdor today. Bought a cake size tupperware about 18" x 10", a Xikar adjustable digital hygrometer and got a couple old cigar boxes broke them up and laid a nice cedar floor and walls. I stuck my cigar oasis in it to get it nice and seasoned. I think it should hold at least 150 smokes. If it works nicely I think I'll permanently fix all that cedar inside and use this for long term storage.
    madurofan:
    ashmaster:
    j0z3r:

Joe
    LOL JOE DO NOT i repeat DO NOT tell my wife of this Cigar buyers anonymous!
    HAHA! mum's the word my friend.

The tupperdor sounds good, I'm planning on doing the same with a 100-150 quart cooler so I have a good place for box storage. I am planning on getting some spanish cedar strips and lining the inside for a more uniform look, after which I will mount some shelving to put cedar trays with individual cigars. This one will probably be a work in progress for a while, but at least it will give me something to do with my free time.
    You gotta take some pics when you get done. I haven't progressed to buying boxes yet but I'm sure its coming and a coolerdor will be the next step. Why does cigar smoking lead to carpentry? lol
    I will definitely take some pics for you guys, as I'm hoping it will be a work of art.

I've always thought carpentry was neat...cigar smoking just gives me an opportunity to do some myself... I guess that's how it goes.
    I hear ya. Well if you get a hankering to do any additional carpentry I'm about to do the roof on my house :)
    i just did the roof on my house.

i always wanted to build a humidor not a cooler or anything like that. tere is something i like about an all wood box rather than a plastic one. I could make an acception for a fridgador but im not runnin out to buy one.
    I'm with you Kuz but by the time you buy all the cedar, hinges and all its not a whole lot mre expensive to just buy one. I will be buying a cabinet here in not too long just not in right now so I needed the temp storage and the tupperdor seemed like a cheap quick answer. Whole thing cost me $9. $35 including digi Xikar hygrometer.
    if i was gunna build a cabanet i would start with a garage sale used one and convert it. this would cut out some of the cost and a ton of labour.
    Necessity is the mother of invention. Looks like you are set for another week. That tupperware is cheap and works great. I sometimes store open boxes of cigars in them until there are just a few sticks left .A few times I have resorted to double bagged. in Zip-locks (( the huge freezer size for food) .
  • madurofan:
    I'm with you Kuz but by the time you buy all the cedar, hinges and all its not a whole lot mre expensive to just buy one. I will be buying a cabinet here in not too long just not in right now so I needed the temp storage and the tupperdor seemed like a cheap quick answer. Whole thing cost me $9. $35 including digi Xikar hygrometer.

"They say marijuana leads to other drugs. No it doesn't, it leads to **** carpentry. ... That's why I stopped doing drugs in the first place. Not because I didn't like 'em, but because I didn't want to build anything, ok?" - Denis Leary

This thread reminded me of that line. Just replace pot with stogies.

Hrm... I know alchohol doesn't freeze, but I wonder if that's true for beer, too, since it's only ~5%. If it doesn't freeze, then it'd be cool to see if one could buy a fridge that could go up to 65-70 degrees and set up the bottom for stogies and the top for brews/spirits.

Hrm... must go research this now...
    gott, Thats what I was thinking when I shot that up. Kuzi thats a damn good idea about the cabinet. I might start bouncing some ideas of you on doing just that. What kind of cabinet you thinking?
    madurofan:
    What kind of cabinet you thinking?
    ...china....
    but seriously, a garage sale special. you have to be able to look at it and think " i could use that as a humidor"