Home General Discussion
Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Had a good day today,, So I thought I'd smoke a special cigar.. Thanks greg2648. Fired up a Padron 1964 Maduro Diplomatico. bout 2/3 in and one of the best cigars Ive had..Was my first 64 maddy
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Tat 7th Reserva. My favorite stick right now.
  • Options
    asianbiker8asianbiker8 Posts: 551
    I had a san lotano maduro tonight, I think I like the habano better...the maduro was pretty good though
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    el Titan de Bronze Redemption Maduro in corona size.
  • Options
    rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I finally broke the streak and smoked last night. Started with a RP I-Press that I got from Tony at least 1 - 2 years ago. Next up was a Gurkha Centurian that I have had for at least 2 years. The I-Press was nice and strong. The Centurian burn and draw started off terrible. I fixed the draw a little but not much. I was able to fix the burn and it stayed correct the rest of the way.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    MOW Ruination. I've had plenty of the original MOWs and Virtues, but I think this is only my second Ruination. Awesome stick! Man, this thing was hitting its stride and was starting to get to its sweet spot, so I went inside to grab my iPod and enjoy the last 1/2 of the stick. But uh-oh, I hear my little daughter crying in bed. Turns out she threw up all over herself in bed! Bye-bye Ruination!!

Actually I'm way more concerned about my little girl being sick than a damn cigar - they'll make more. But damn if being a parent isn't Murphy's Law all the time! This was the first stick I've had time to sit down and enjoy in quite awhile --aaaggghhh!!!
    Sorry to hear that Heavy, but I hope that your little girl is doing okay and all is well :)
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    HeavyHeavy Posts: 1,591 ✭✭✭
    90+ Irishman:
    Heavy:
    MOW Ruination. I've had plenty of the original MOWs and Virtues, but I think this is only my second Ruination. Awesome stick! Man, this thing was hitting its stride and was starting to get to its sweet spot, so I went inside to grab my iPod and enjoy the last 1/2 of the stick. But uh-oh, I hear my little daughter crying in bed. Turns out she threw up all over herself in bed! Bye-bye Ruination!!

Actually I'm way more concerned about my little girl being sick than a damn cigar - they'll make more. But damn if being a parent isn't Murphy's Law all the time! This was the first stick I've had time to sit down and enjoy in quite awhile --aaaggghhh!!!
    Sorry to hear that Heavy, but I hope that your little girl is doing okay and all is well :)
    Thanks for the well wishes bro! Just a 24-hour bug. Poor thing was hating it but she's about right as rain now and that's all that really matters But I luckily have another Ruination on deck for tonight, except it's going to be about 25-30 degrees colder than it was last night!
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    601 Green robusto. Im convinced the consistency on these just isnt what it used to be. Ive smoked a ton of 601s last few years and I hate to say they just arent the same.
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    gaberox:
    601 Green robusto. Im convinced the consistency on these just isnt what it used to be. Ive smoked a ton of 601s last few years and I hate to say they just arent the same.
    ... I've heard that story before, and I've told it. Buy a box when you like them, you never know...I had a brother in law that would buy lots of singles from B&M shops. He smoked five or six a day When he found one he thought was exceptional he would go back and buy the rest of the box the single came from....He only collected cigars he KNEW were to his liking.
  • Options
    90+_Irishman90+_Irishman Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heavy:
    90+ Irishman:
    Heavy:

Thanks for the well wishes bro! Just a 24-hour bug. Poor thing was hating it but she's about right as rain now and that's all that really matters But I luckily have another Ruination on deck for tonight, except it's going to be about 25-30 degrees colder than it was last night!
    Nothing to thank Heavy I'm just very glad that she is ship shape again and glad you get to have another one tonight!
    "When walking in open territory bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask them to stop. If they do not stop, destroy them."
  • Options
    gaberoxgaberox Posts: 824
    kaspera79:
    gaberox:
    ... I've heard that story before, and I've told it. Buy a box when you like them, you never know...I had a brother in law that would buy lots of singles from B&M shops. He smoked five or six a day When he found one he thought was exceptional he would go back and buy the rest of the box the single came from....He only collected cigars he KNEW were to his liking.
    Im sure its hard to produce the exact same cigar year after year. Id imagine as time goes on you have to use different vintages of tobacco once the stock from the original runs out.
  • Options
    MephistoMephisto Posts: 508
    Padilla Achilles
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    fired up a la aroma de cuba robusto
  • Options
    firetruckguy:
    Photobucket
    well what you think so far?
  • Options
    It's a full moon tonight and the beast can no longer be restrained ...Tatuaje Wolfman
  • Options
    MarkerMarker Posts: 2,524
    Awesome cigar Kid. Let me know how you like it.
  • Options
    firetruckguyfiretruckguy Posts: 2,522 ✭✭✭
    jj20030:
    firetruckguy:
    Photobucket
    well what you think so far?

Moved to my top 5, loved it!
  • Options
    Padilla Miami.
  • Options
    Marker:
    Awesome cigar Kid. Let me know how you like it.
    Ist two thirds were good, very good, I think The wrapper is what makes this cigar, The last third,the cigar became mildly acidic and very soft and spongey,, I will say prior to this I was pleasantly suprised by the smoothness of this cigar in the first two thirds.. .. I just re-read Doc's review and he experienced the same. I'm hoping that with some humi time that next year all 3/3rds of the cigar will be fantastic,,. I was more impressed with Padron 64 Maduro that I enjoyed last night for the first time,,but I dig maddy's.. All in All it was a very good cigar,
  • Options
    BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    BOTL from JHewey. Very good cigar. Tons of smoke output!
  • Options
    Duke2Duke2 Posts: 393
    La Aurora Preferidos Cameroon Robusto with a pour of Abraham Bowman Bourbon cask 5.
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last night I enjoyed a San Lotano Habano and followed it with a MOW, damn AJ is awesome!!!
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    ShotgunJohn:
    Last night I enjoyed a San Lotano Habano and followed it with a MOW, damn AJ is awesome!!!
    Sounds like a great evening!. I had a 5 Vegas Miami with almost 2 months on it. I'll have to hide the rest and return to it next year.
  • Options
    bdmauk24bdmauk24 Posts: 74
    just got the bakers dozen sampler from ccom. Tried the LPH Morado. very nice smoke, couldn't put it down. blew up on me, but probably my fault. just now getting my coolidor set up. didn't expect much but went back and saw it was rated 93. I'd have to agree.
  • Options
    bdmauk24:
    just got the bakers dozen sampler from ccom. Tried the LPH Morado. very nice smoke, couldn't put it down. blew up on me, but probably my fault. just now getting my coolidor set up. didn't expect much but went back and saw it was rated 93. I'd have to agree.
    I personally would not rate the LPH morado as a 93. So with that being said ratings are a great way to benchmark sticks but dont expect them to be the gospel. As you know reviews can be subjective so if you ask 10 differnt people the same question you will probably get 10 different answers. You'll have to decide for yourself what you like and what you dont.If you are new to cigars then I would reccomend to continue with samplers to help with your quest in figuring out what your tastes are..I would also reccomend trying the lines from Gran Habano, Pinar Del Rio and 5 Vegas. The Ccom samplers from what Ive been told are really good too, I tried a Brazillian the other day and it was a solid smoke..If you ever have any questions about a cigar you can always PM me and I will do my best to give you a unbiased response. Good luck and welcome.
  • Options
    fixing to fire up a perdomo lot 23 toro maduro
  • Options
    camgfscamgfs Posts: 968
    Partagas SerieD No.4
  • Options
    1 more , a ava maria corona with a spaten octoberfest then a dogfish head ipa 60
  • Options
    kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    camgfs:
    Partagas SerieD No.4
    ... The worlds Greatest Robusto. Very Jealous