Home Non Cigar Related

Two bone-in pork butts, One Beef roast and One chicken

About to be some BBQ up in here! Pulled Pork and my Great Great Grandmothers Pork Chicken Beef Brunswick Stew!

Comments

• kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    About to be some BBQ up in here! Pulled Pork and my Great Great Grandmothers Pork Chicken Beef Brunswick Stew!
    what time is dinner? ill bring some beer.
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    That sounds delicious! I love me some BBQ
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    I'll make some bread for the stew
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    PM me the address please!!

I do a pulled pork also! We'll have to swap recipes and cooking methods! I'm alwyas looking to improve my BBQ techniques!
  • djbeeniedjbeenie Posts: 469
    Alright everything is prepped and put on at a slow 225 smoking degrees!

DSC_0675

DSC_0676
    jr_p951:
    PM me the address please!!

I do a pulled pork also! We'll have to swap recipes and cooking methods! I'm alwyas looking to improve my BBQ techniques!
    Basically I am doing exactly this method:
    http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/pork4.html
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    That looks fantastic..
    Dude we are all on our wayi
    Come on over! ha! Bring lots of cigars because this is going to take awhile cooking it low and slow. :)
    Enjoying a smoke while I smoke. :)

DSC_0677

Half way done. Temp sitting steady at 234 degrees. 4 to 5 more hours to go.

DSC_0678
    lookin awesome sir
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Hey! A couple fellow BBQers! We'll have to keep this thread going. I just got finished cutting the tips off six slabs of for some good ol fashioned St. Louis cut ribs. I'll get my rub on them tomorrow and throw them in the smoker around 7am New Years Day (if I wake up) to have them ready for some football.

I'm sure we will have some ribs left over and I'm not the biggest fan of left over ribs just because they don't compare to what they taste like fresh so here's what I do. Strip the left over ribs of all the meat and cut it up in bite size pieces. Drizzle the meat with just a little more BBQ sauce (tomato or vinegar based) for moisture and let it sit overnight. The next morning, you will have the best omelet you will have ever tasted. Also, if you still have some left over, make some mac and cheese (I make my own, okay my wife does) and mix in the cut up ribs.

Can't wait to see the finished product and let's keep this going! There got to be more BBQers out there!!
    undulac:
    Hey! A couple fellow BBQers! We'll have to keep this thread going. I just got finished cutting the tips off six slabs of for some good ol fashioned St. Louis cut ribs. I'll get my rub on them tomorrow and throw them in the smoker around 7am New Years Day (if I wake up) to have them ready for some football.

I'm sure we will have some ribs left over and I'm not the biggest fan of left over ribs just because they don't compare to what they taste like fresh so here's what I do. Strip the left over ribs of all the meat and cut it up in bite size pieces. Drizzle the meat with just a little more BBQ sauce (tomato or vinegar based) for moisture and let it sit overnight. The next morning, you will have the best omelet you will have ever tasted. Also, if you still have some left over, make some mac and cheese (I make my own, okay my wife does) and mix in the cut up ribs.

Can't wait to see the finished product and let's keep this going! There got to be more BBQers out there!!
    Gonna have to try both of those. Have found a few BOTL that like to fire up the smokers here
    Still going, almost internal temp of the butts 195 degrees. About to pull off the smoker. Pics coming..stay tuned.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Thirteen hours of waiting for this... Gotta be good.
    Chicken

DSC_0679

Beef Roast and Injected Pork Butt (still waiting on the larger one, still 182 degrees)

DSC_0680

DSC_0681

Cooking the stew tomorrow, Until then good night. Stay tuned! :)
    That's what I've been waiting to see. Awesome looking dude. Too bad ya can't smell through the net lol
  • Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    Awsome looking bark on the beef and pork! Great job!
    Dark Roast:
    Thanks! the secret is to use yellow mustard over the butts before adding your dry rub. The yellow mustard does not flavor anything or take away from the flavor but makes a terrific tasty bark.
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    It does look good. Thinking about doing some more buck board bacon soon as I am out. I just have to make sure the have 10-14 days aside to do it. As wll as some jerky.
    MESKC:
    It does look good. Thinking about doing some more buck board bacon soon as I am out. I just have to make sure the have 10-14 days aside to do it. As wll as some jerky.
    Hell yeah.. haven't done that in forever.
    MESKC:
    Oh man, now I want to make some venison Jerky.
  • roland_7707roland_7707 Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭
    I'm hungry!
    One God, One Truth
  • MESKCMESKC Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Nothing better the Buck board bacon with a fried egg over medium with chedder on a biscuit
    Alright finished my Great Granny's secret Brunswick stew with Pulled Pork. Time to eat after almost two days of prep!

Ground Whole Chicken, Beef Roast and Half a Pork Butt that will go into the stew.
    DSC_0682 DSC_0683 DSC_0686 DSC_0692

Pulled Pork Butt DSC_0685

• The SniperThe Sniper Posts: 3,910
    Oh man, I would KILL someone for some good Brunswick Stew! Fell in love with it while stationed in Charleston SC and cant find it anywhere here in MO. Any chance fo talking you out of Granny's secret recipe? :-)

• Dark_RoastDark_Roast Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭
    djbeenie:
    Dark Roast:
    Thanks! the secret is to use yellow mustard over the butts before adding your dry rub. The yellow mustard does not flavor anything or take away from the flavor but makes a terrific tasty bark.
    I have never tried the yellow mustard for fear of an altered taste profile. Hell I'm going yellow mustard next time I go low and slow. I have had good results with brisket on my weber grill but after seeing your pictures it has convinced me to purchase the weber smoker in the spring. What kind of wood did you use?
    Dark Roast:
    djbeenie:
    Dark Roast:
    I have never tried the yellow mustard for fear of an altered taste profile. Hell I'm going yellow mustard next time I go low and slow. I have had good results with brisket on my weber grill but after seeing your pictures it has convinced me to purchase the weber smoker in the spring. What kind of wood did you use?
    Naaa no altered taste profile. You won't even know its on there after its finished. You can take my word for it. Oh man, to be honest, I have tried things from big green egg and brinkman, and have to say my weber kicks their ass and plus it holds more meat.

I use Hickory for pork and beef, fruit (apple my favorite) trees for Poultry.
  • undulacundulac Posts: 1,129
    Went to the in-laws for the weekend and smoked some SLC ribs. Unfortunately when we left Friday night I had a migraine and had to take my meds so I was out of it and my wife had to pack everything along with the three kids. I wake up Saturday, get the smoker prepped and get ready to rub the ribs and realize she forgot to pack the rub. I threw a rub together quickly with what was there and smoked them Sunday morning. They were good but I could definitely tell some flavor profiles were missing.
  • cabinetmakercabinetmaker Posts: 2,560 ✭✭
    I saw the title to this thread and thought "dirty joke"... Now I'm hungry...