Home General Discussion
Options

i want a herf too (wv,oh,ky area)

Gray4linesGray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
So...

I have noticed many threads detailing numerous get-togethers in far-removed regions from myself. I, frankly, am jealous and I demand that a smoking social event be organized in my vicinity.

Are there any willing participants within the WV, KY, OH tri-state area?? This an an official shout out and desperate plea for a cigar-oriented gathering. I know the climate here is currently not conducive to outdoor cigar enjoyment, but we can certainly plan ahead or brave the cold.

Thanks,
Gray
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America

Comments

• Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    I'm close and I'm in. Maybe plan an event this summer so the weather is on our side?
  • Options
    JDHJDH Posts: 2,107
    I'm in the Lexington KY area, and there's a very nice cigar bar avaliable; Jakes in Nicholasville KY.

http://www.jakescigarbar.com/

There's a $10.00 min cover charge, but he's got a nice selectionin his humidor, and the seating is comfortable and the waitresses are friendly.
  • Options
    Lexington would be great for me. I'd love to meet some of you guys and enjoy a good smoke with you. Keep me posted.
  • Options
    ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    acewoodson:
    Lexington would be great for me. I'd love to meet some of you guys and enjoy a good smoke with you. Keep me posted.

I'm within an hours drive of Lexington and can bring some of my smoking buddies with me. Count me in! Wednesday or Saturday nights work best for me. Just say when.
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    im in northern ohio but i dont know if i could make it. my work schedule is a pain to deal with.
  • Options
    I'm also an hour from Lexington / Nicholasville. Saturday nights or Sunday afternoons work best for me
  • Options
    Well, let's pick a Sat evening sometime in the next 4 weeks and do it.
  • Options
    Hmmm, I'm a little over 2 hours away from Lexington. May be a stretch for me.
  • Options
    CvilleECvilleE Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭
    I'm in...I'm in central KY so I'm close to an hour and a half from Lex, Lou, and BG....

Got family in Hamilton, OH as well...

Ohh and Friday and Saturdays are good for me too....
  • Options
    Gray4lines:
    Hmmm, I'm a little over 2 hours away from Lexington. May be a stretch for me.
    I'm pushing an 1 hr 45 mins to Lexington, but I hope we can agree on a place for everyone....
  • Options
    I am in a wedding this week, work next and the next 2 I'll be in Maui. After that I'm game though!
  • Options
    RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,968 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I could dig this. I got 3 more weeks on the boat then I'll be home for four.
  • Options
    If Lexington is too far away, is there someplace in Northern KY that would be closer. I'm just askin?
  • Options
    Lexington would work, I don't mind a 2 hour drive. Maybe even carpool with gray4lines.Course I got to make sure the wifey doesn't have me booked up. I do got a doc appointment on the 24th. Hernia thing.
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Lexington would work, I don't mind a 2 hour drive. Maybe even carpool with gray4lines.Course I got to make sure the wifey doesn't have me booked up. I do got a doc appointment on the 24th. Hernia thing.
    Dam all hernia things. I hope yours dies painlessly in its sleep.
  • Options
    What about the first Sat. in Feb at Jakes?
  • Options
    JDH:
    If Lexington is too far away, is there someplace in Northern KY that would be closer. I'm just askin?
    I know it's a weeknight, but Tuesdays in Newport at a Place called the Beer Cellar (on the river in Northern KY) has a weekly cigar night. 3 pack sampler for ten dollars or bring your own (and everyone does). Place is huge and they have around 200 (I think) beers on tap. It's always a good time!
  • Options
    JDH:
    I will be on a plane coming back to the mainland, but I can always catch the next one.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    JDH:
    I know it's a weeknight, but Tuesdays in Newport at a Place called the Beer Cellar (on the river in Northern KY) has a weekly cigar night. 3 pack sampler for ten dollars or bring your own (and everyone does). Place is huge and they have around 200 (I think) beers on tap. It's always a good time!
    Snap! Next time I'm in Cincy visiting my family I know where I want to go. Gonna google that place! But my wife wouldn't be to happy with me running off my first Saturday off the boat but I'll be in Louisville the 7th-9th for company meetings and my evenings will be free. If anyone lives close and knows a good place.
  • Options
    OchoZacho:
    JDH:
    I will be on a plane coming back to the mainland, but I can always catch the next one.
    Hell, we gotta have a first one before we can have a second one. How about the second Sat in Feb?
  • Options
    JDH:
    OchoZacho:
    JDH:
    Hell, we gotta have a first one before we can have a second one. How about the second Sat in Feb?
    As it looks right now, I can do this....Feb 11 that is...
  • Options
    kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    damn i wish i could get in on this.

ill heep you all in mind next time i find myself in cincinnati. i have family there and get there often.
  • Options
    CvilleE:
    JDH:
    OchoZacho:
    JDH:
    As it looks right now, I can do this....Feb 11 that is...

Sounds like a done deal! Count me in. I shall plan appropriately.
  • Options
    February 11th works for me. Are we going to meet at Jakes?
  • Options
    acewoodson:
    February 11th works for me. Where we gonna meet?

I believe Jake's in Lexington was the plan, but if I'm wrong someone please smack me in the right direction.
  • Options
    I will be hanging with my fianc
  • Options
    I can probably swing the 11th as long as I'm back for Valentines day.lol. Just got to find out where Jakes is.
  • Options
    Just googled it. This place looks awesome! Can you bring your own?
  • Options
    Rhamlin:
    Can you bring your own?
    Wanted to add to your question....what time will be best for this? Early Afternoon (3:00 to 5:00)? Considering the drive for some of us, an early afternoon herf would give us more time, plus allow us to make it home at a reasonable hour....just a thought.....
  • Options
    I agree that Jake's looks quite impressive. I'm flexible on the time so whatever works for you guys is fine with me.