Home Ratings & Reviews

Smoked a Gurkha Beauty today

And it was a beauty! Make no mistake about it, it is a BIG cigar and it gave me a chance to sit outside and reflect on things. The taste was rather mellow to medium to me. The taste got better the further along I got into the cigar. It tasted of tobacco of course, with hints of leather but yet there was a creaminess about it. All in all, it was great and I enjoyed the outdoors with it. Nice cigar and thanks to you Rick (RCY Cigars) for making it happen for me. I don't think I could have bought one on my own, but surely would have wanted one!!! imageimage

Comments

• RCY_CigarsRCY_Cigars Posts: 5,493 ✭✭✭
    Nice review, glad you enjoyed it. The Beauty is one of my morning smokes on the weekend. It very mild for me, but flavorful.
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    The Gurkha Beauty is not the must have best cigar ever, but it does have it's good qualities. Mild tempered with light flavors, glad to hear you enjoyed your time with it,
  • RBeckomRBeckom Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭
    I've smoked several of these and have yet to be disappointed.
  • Roberto99Roberto99 Posts: 1,077
    RBeckom:
    I've smoked several of these and have yet to be disappointed.

+1
    The best of these I had was creamy, toasted bread, with hints of hay intermingled.
  • Steve2010Steve2010 Posts: 1,036
    Not a huge Connecticut fan, but the Perdomo Edicion de Silvio is hands-down the finest Connecticut I've ever burned. Super complex, extremely flavorful.

• jimmyv723jimmyv723 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭
    Very nice and you're coming along quite nicely. Glad you stuck with the cigars and are really enjoying them.
    Ken Light 3K MOW Badge - 8/14
    2015 Gang War - East Coast
    Enola Gay - Target #29

• ToombesToombes Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭
    I've only had one, about 2 1/2 yrs ago, but it was a super smooth smoke. Really creamy and flavorful. I seem to remember picking up hints of leather, bread and a smidge of hay. I was driving 2 hrs to get home after a trip and lasted to whole way.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    I didn't know they came in cello. I thought they were all tubed. huh... I too enjoy this cigar. I bout a box a few years ago, gone through a few of them. Always a nice cigar.
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    phobicsquirrel:
    I didn't know they came in cello. I thought they were all tubed. huh... I too enjoy this cigar. I bout a box a few years ago, gone through a few of them. Always a nice cigar.
    It was a gift and came in cello. Though in pics of it on cigar.com, it was in a tube. Great either way though, lol!
    Salem:
    phobicsquirrel:
    It was a gift and came in cello. Though in pics of it on cigar.com, it was in a tube. Great either way though, lol!

I'm that guy that gifted the Beauty to her. And with that comes the truth. Shipped to me in a ten pack with cello. I also have have a box that I bought when I first started out smoking them. And they are in the box in a tube. I have only smoked two of those. Now I'm no Kuzi, but I think the money I spent on the box and tubing was what I really paid for. As oppose to the cigar itself I got in a ten pack for $350 less. Regardless, I think it's a nice cigar to have smoked. Salem, if you feel that the gift I sent you may have been less in quality. I have know problem sending you two more. One tube fresh out the box and another one in a cello just how you received that one. And you can make your on judgement. On another note, if you have any questions about any of the cigars I sent you. Please feel free to ask me or anyone in the forum. One thing that is for sure, this is a open forum. And peoples opinion are more than welcome. In saying that, I'm a stand up guy and don't look to shaft a new person on a gifted cigar. That's way below my character. I'm just saying.....

RCY Cigars:
    Salem:
    phobicsquirrel:

I'm that guy that gifted the Beauty to her. And with that comes the truth. Shipped to me in a ten pack with cello. I also have have a box that I bought when I first started out smoking them. And they are in the box in a tube. I have only smoked two of those. Now I'm no Kuzi, but I think the money I spent on the box and tubing was what I really paid for. As oppose to the cigar itself I got in a ten pack for $350 less. Regardless, I think it's a nice cigar to have smoked. Salem, if you feel that the gift I sent you may have been less in quality. I have know problem sending you two more. One tube fresh out the box and another one in a cello just how you received that one. And you can make yourjudgmentment. On another note, if you have any questions about any of the cigars I sent you. Please feel free to ask me or anyone in the forum. One thing that is for sure, this is a open forum. And peoples opinion are more than welcome. In saying that, I'm a stand up guy and don't look to shaft a new person on a gifted cigar. That's way below my character. I'm just saying.....

Oh Rick, I wasn't questioning anything. I could care less about the cello or the tube, I was just answering the guy's question. Please don't take what I said wrong! You gifted me with way much more than I could have ever asked for and I in no way was questioning any cigar you sent. I LOVED the cigar!!! ALL of the cigars you sent were very high quality. I don't know much about cigars yet so always look them up so I can learn about them is the only reason I knew about the tube. Again, I don't care about the tube. I'm pretty sensitive to other people's feelings so It hurts me that I may have offend ed you unintentionally. Please accept my apologies for coming across in a way I did not intend. I better think before I start tapping on keys next time. Please tell me you accept my apologies!!!! I'm so sorry! I know you are a very stand up, giving guy.
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Salem:
    RCY Cigars:
    Salem:
    phobicsquirrel:

I'm that guy that gifted the Beauty to her. And with that comes the truth. Shipped to me in a ten pack with cello. I also have have a box that I bought when I first started out smoking them. And they are in the box in a tube. I have only smoked two of those. Now I'm no Kuzi, but I think the money I spent on the box and tubing was what I really paid for. As oppose to the cigar itself I got in a ten pack for $350 less. Regardless, I think it's a nice cigar to have smoked. Salem, if you feel that the gift I sent you may have been less in quality. I have know problem sending you two more. One tube fresh out the box and another one in a cello just how you received that one. And you can make yourjudgmentment. On another note, if you have any questions about any of the cigars I sent you. Please feel free to ask me or anyone in the forum. One thing that is for sure, this is a open forum. And peoples opinion are more than welcome. In saying that, I'm a stand up guy and don't look to shaft a new person on a gifted cigar. That's way below my character. I'm just saying.....

Oh Rick, I wasn't questioning anything. I could care less about the cello or the tube, I was just answering the guy's question. Please don't take what I said wrong! You gifted me with way much more than I could have ever asked for and I in no way was questioning any cigar you sent. I LOVED the cigar!!! ALL of the cigars you sent were very high quality. I don't know much about cigars yet so always look them up so I can learn about them is the only reason I knew about the tube. Again, I don't care about the tube. I'm pretty sensitive to other people's feelings so It hurts me that I may have offend ed you unintentionally. Please accept my apologies for coming across in a way I did not intend. I better think before I start tapping on keys next time. Please tell me you accept my apologies!!!! I'm so sorry! I know you are a very stand up, giving guy.
    Just a little clarification here...

the Beauty started out as super limited in CRAZY priced boxes of the most beautifully presented tubed cigars. And they were great. So great that Gurkha did what Gurkha always does... found a sh!tload of the "extremely limited" tobacco and made a ton more... sans fancy packaging. I've smoked both, and if there's a difference, my palate can't tell ya.

and Rick, buddy, NOBODY question the kinda man you are, trust me!!

I'm glad you enjoyed the cigar, Salem. The Beauty is one of my go-to connies (granted I smoke about 3-5 connies a month... if that. lol). Tubed or celloed, they are great cigars.
    Now I feel REALLY bad.....
  • BigT06BigT06 Posts: 3,899
    Salem:
    No need to feel bad!! Squirrel asked a question and you gave an answer... nothing to feel bad about!!

I was just answering squirrel's question a little more in depth.

you did nothing wrong. Don't feel bad. Seriously.
    BigT06:
    Salem:
    No need to feel bad!! Squirrel asked a question and you gave an answer... nothing to feel bad about!!

I was just answering squirrel's question a little more in depth.

you did nothing wrong. Don't feel bad. Seriously.

No need to feel bad Rhonda. You did nothing wrong and I'm not in my feelings at all. I just like to clarify things.

• phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    RCY Cigars:
    Salem:
    phobicsquirrel:

I'm that guy that gifted the Beauty to her. And with that comes the truth. Shipped to me in a ten pack with cello. I also have have a box that I bought when I first started out smoking them. And they are in the box in a tube. I have only smoked two of those. Now I'm no Kuzi, but I think the money I spent on the box and tubing was what I really paid for. As oppose to the cigar itself I got in a ten pack for $350 less. Regardless, I think it's a nice cigar to have smoked. Salem, if you feel that the gift I sent you may have been less in quality. I have know problem sending you two more. One tube fresh out the box and another one in a cello just how you received that one. And you can make your on judgement. On another note, if you have any questions about any of the cigars I sent you. Please feel free to ask me or anyone in the forum. One thing that is for sure, this is a open forum. And peoples opinion are more than welcome. In saying that, I'm a stand up guy and don't look to shaft a new person on a gifted cigar. That's way below my character. I'm just saying.....

ah, never knew they sold them in cello only tubes. I would have been so very happy getting them in cello as it would have been much cheaper. oh well.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know they came in a tube, I've never seen them pictured in one and the only one I had was in cello. Oh and loved it btw.
    Rhamlin:
    I didn't even know they came in a tube, I've never seen them pictured in one and the only one I had was in cello. Oh and loved it btw.
    I loved the cigar too!!!
  • Ken_LightKen_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    I believe this has come up before with a Gurkha product. I'm not entirely sure it was a Beauty, but it could have been. What was determined previously was that Gurkha cigars bought through ccom as part of the Guerrilla Warfare promotion are devoid of the fancy packaging that Gurkha usually sells its sticks in, but are not seconds and are identical to those found in more elaborate packaging.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.