Options

Whatcha smokin tonight?

Comments

• Options
    The_KidThe_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    Earlier a Plasencia Organic rob,,Now a La Reloba Seleccion Mexico toro
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Bahia Maduro. REALLY surprised me... quite good actually.
  • Options
    Nestor Miranda art deco coffee break. Not bad.
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    Cain Daytona Robusto...perfect burn tonight.
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    Had a bad cold for about the last week and a half. Finally I feel good enough to light one up. Camacho Corojo Monarca Maduro, I think the box I picked this up out of had a date sticker of 06.

• Options
    amz1301:
    Had a bad cold for about the last week and a half. Finally I feel good enough to light one up. Camacho Corojo Monarca Maduro, I think the box I picked this up out of had a date sticker of 06.

Hadnt seen that stick before, dont know why,,let us/me know what you think..BTW Killer ashtray ;o)
  • Options
    GridgodGridgod Posts: 14
    Smoking a SWAG Fierce (Torpedo) right now and later was thinking about smoking a Perdomo Lot 23 Torpedo. Should be a good night I finish the smoking room out back today got the man cave going with a plumbed in bar and two smoking fans. I had enough of the cold so I turned my shed into a man cave is a perfect little spot for me and the boys.
  • Options
    catfishbluezzcatfishbluezz Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭
    I grabbed a petite corona sized JDN Dark corojo tonight as many of you guys like this stick, and Drew Estate is involved with it.... Paired with a skinny mocha...DAMN! That was one hard hitting stick...very heavy on the palate but the finish was very short and not overpowering. I'd imagine this smoke does REAL well with some age...I see what the hype is about and will be buying some soon. Great smoke and the dark choclate paired perfect.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevivaloldsoulrevival Posts: 632 ✭✭
    I just smoked a La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor - started off as a decent cigar, ended as a fantastic smoke. I smoked it till I couldn't hold it any longer, and the feeling after the smoke was wonderful. Great flavor through and through, and the constrction was one of the best I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it. After I smoked it, I finished off a bottle of George T Stagg with my brother.... I am now drunk. True story.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    I just smoked a La Aroma De Cuba Mi Amor - started off as a decent cigar, ended as a fantastic smoke. I smoked it till I couldn't hold it any longer, and the feeling after the smoke was wonderful. Great flavor through and through, and the constrction was one of the best I've seen in a long time. I highly recommend it. After I smoked it, I finished off a bottle of George T Stagg with my brother.... I am now drunk. True story.
    LOL...awesome man. That's a smoke very high on my list to try
  • Options
    catfishbluezz:
    oldsoulrevival:
    Just be ready for a "different" kind of smoke. We both commented on how "dry" the smoke was for the first 1/3d, but then it really opened up into something incredibly flavorful and unique. I keep my cigars at 70%, so the "dryness" wasn't from it being physically dry, but rather, the smoke was not "chewy" or "creamy." I would recommend this cigar with coffee, or even a rich meal - the flavors are incredibly and I feel like pairing it well with something makes it shine. We were drinking Hot Toddies at first, and the dryness of the cinnamon in the drink was too similar to the smoke. But like I said, once we got a ways into it, we were both constantly commenting on how great it tasted and how well it was burning. I usually go for thick, chewy, creamy maduros, but this was a pleasant change. Would I make it my every day? no. But I most certainly will have it in my humi for those days when I am craving it. Great cigar.
  • Options
    oldsoulrevival:
    catfishbluezz:
    oldsoulrevival:
    Just be ready for a "different" kind of smoke. We both commented on how "dry" the smoke was for the first 1/3d, but then it really opened up into something incredibly flavorful and unique. I keep my cigars at 70%, so the "dryness" wasn't from it being physically dry, but rather, the smoke was not "chewy" or "creamy." I would recommend this cigar with coffee, or even a rich meal - the flavors are incredibly and I feel like pairing it well with something makes it shine. We were drinking Hot Toddies at first, and the dryness of the cinnamon in the drink was too similar to the smoke. But like I said, once we got a ways into it, we were both constantly commenting on how great it tasted and how well it was burning. I usually go for thick, chewy, creamy maduros, but this was a pleasant change. Would I make it my every day? no. But I most certainly will have it in my humi for those days when I am craving it. Great cigar.
    That's funny you say that....I smoked my first MF recently and had a similiar experience, which is why the Mi Amor is high on my list. Cheers
  • Options
    amz1301amz1301 Posts: 1,299
    The Kid:
    amz1301:

Hadnt seen that stick before, dont know why,,let us/me know what you think..BTW Killer ashtray ;o)
    Did I like it ? You be the judge, lol. Burn was perfect, draw was a little on the loose side, which I don't mind. Tons of smoke. Smooth yet powerful. Very nice smoke. Think they had a couple boxes with some age them. May pick up a box depending on what kind of price I can negotiate.

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    amz1301:
    The Kid:
    amz1301:

Did I like it ? You be the judge, lol. Burn was perfect, draw was a little on the loose side, which I don't mind. Tons of smoke. Smooth yet powerful. Very nice smoke. Think they had a couple boxes with some age them. May pick up a box depending on what kind of price I can negotiate.

that is a kickass ashtray
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    amz1301:
    The Kid:
    amz1301:

that is a kickass ashtray
    http://www.atlanticcigar.com/Ashtrays/Atlantic-Cigar-Viaje-Skull-and-Bones-Ashtray.asp?utm_source=googlebase&utm_medium=comparsionshopping&aff=5112
  • Options
    ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Last nighjt my wife and I sat on the patio after our son was asleep and celebrated the snow/ice storm being over. I smoked a Gurkha Crest (disappointing), Gurkha Centurian that I got last March from BandyT, thanks brother it was fantastic and finished with a LHCOF with 2 years on it. It was a great night.
  • Options
    RampMonkeyRampMonkey Posts: 1,808
    RampMonkey:
    Well I have to make good on my part with the agreement that I have with the Irishman. If I don't...well lets just say he will introduce me to a new definition to the word "pain".

This good man has chosen the My Father Le Bijou Robusto that he was most generous to send to me after finding out that I became a new father just a year ago. I'll admit...this will be my 1st attempt at a My Father line, so I have high exceptions.

Brett, if your reading this I'll do what I can to make good on our deal today brother. Just a crazy schedule on the docket but I'll do my best. If I fulfill my part of the deal I'll get some pictures posted with a time/date stamp. More to come...

As promised here is the proof that the Irishman needs: The starting line up: GreenMachine 1st MOW Ruination and My 1st My Father.
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Photobucket

This was a great way to end the day. My good buddy GreenMachine enjoyed his 1st MOW Ruination and I made good on promise to the Irishman. This flavor bomb was a excellent smoke and is one I will have to revisit again in the near future.
    Thanks again Brett for a great cigar!
  • Options
    rburke1129rburke1129 Posts: 386
    RP Decade 10th Anniversary gifted from bandyt09...loved it. Thanks brother!
    Sorry I'm late, but a manure spreader jack-knifed on the Santa Anna.
  • Options
    docbp87docbp87 Posts: 3,521
    Rosado Magnum R52
  • Options
    KriegerKrieger Posts: 337
    Might light up another Bahia Maduro. Really want to revisit that stick. ROTT I got nice flavors of chocolate, coffee, and a smooth cedar taste that stuck to my pallet for a few hours. Figured these would be yard gars. Surprised the heck outta me.
  • Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    AB black market really enjoying these lately.
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Had my first Perdomo Habano tonight.. I really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    DAGA Rosado if I have my way.
  • Options
    jgibvjgibv Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold Robusto while I'm grilling some sirloin steaks & redskins

5vgrillin

* I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

• Options
    chemforeverchemforever Posts: 1,200
    Now up, 5v AAA got to take advantage to weather in the mid 30s :/ .
  • Options
    Earlier a Dunhill Aged Romanos, now a Room 101 Connecticut torp
  • Options
    jkallen83jkallen83 Posts: 142
    MOW Armada ....my first one...not bad.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    For my first cigar in over a week due to illness is a Morro Castle robusto
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    tonight will be a obsidian belicosa
  • Options
    bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    La Reloba Seleccion Mexico, very nice maduro.