Home General Discussion

Devastated!

Oh, I was looking through my cooler, which I should have done earlier, and three cigars were ruined. Luckily they were in a shipping baggie. Dang it!

Devastated!

Comments

• bigharpoonbigharpoon Posts: 2,963 ✭✭✭
    YIKES!!! Hey, if that mold isn't all through the foot and filler they're probably still smokable, just wipe it off and go for it. I wonder if the shipping bag contributed to the problem, may have prohibited air flow...
  • DSWarmackDSWarmack Posts: 1,426
    That's what I thought. I think one of them is ok, but two are fine for sure!
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    get that RH down to 65% - 68% quick.
    Its at 67% they were in a baggie with a 'recharged' pillow.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I have had that happen when in a zip lock bag with a pillow. Me, personally I would just wipe them off, store them away from the others and still smoke them. But hey, that's just me.
  • MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,591 ✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Its at 67% they were in a baggie with a 'recharged' pillow.
    I prefer not to leave in bags while in coolers unless opened/unzipped.
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • ShotgunJohnShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    sorry brother this is sad, but it could have been much worse if it spread throughout the cooler.
  • BombayBombay Posts: 1,207
    How long in the bag?
  • SalemSalem Posts: 717
    That pic should have had the title: "Pictures contain graphic material that could be disturbing to the viewer." Sorry about that. At least it wasn't the whole cooler.
  • denniskingdennisking Posts: 3,703 ✭✭✭
    yeah, wipe it off and you'll be fine. i just had some white mold under the cedar on a recent smoke and wiped it off, tragedy averted.
  • Russ55Russ55 Posts: 2,765 ✭✭
    Those dark oily maduros are real susceptible. Had that happen to a box of Dark Corojos a few months ago. RH got up to about 71-72, and that was all it took. Still trying to decide what to do with those. Anyway, sorry for your loss. At least it looks salvageable.
    dennisking:
    yeah, wipe it off and you'll be fine. i just had some white mold under the cedar on a recent smoke and wiped it off, tragedy averted.
    this is my plan, Im still active so if I die ill go out smoking one hell of a cigar and my family will get paid!
  • ENFIDLENFIDL Posts: 5,836
    DSWarmack:
    dennisking:
    this is my plan, Im still active so if I die ill go out smoking one hell of a cigar and my family will get paid!
    lmao love the way you look at it!
  • kaspera79kaspera79 Posts: 7,257 ✭✭✭
    Sorry this happened to you..There is a lesson to be learned here. This is what mold looks like, This is not plume. Liga can be saved, one of the Undercrowns, maybe, one I would toss, that's more than I care to risk.
    Ideas for saving:
    Wipe it off and store it separate (new baggie)?
    Wipe it off and smoke them NOW!?
    What are your ideas?
  • skweekzskweekz Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭
    Send them to me. I have a special......chamber that instantly removes all traces of mold. I'm more than willing to jump on this grenade for ya!
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    You got one of those too?
  • DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    You got one of those
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    id smoke em soon. id also keep them out of bags. the lack of air circulation probably contributed to this.
  • RhamlinRhamlin Posts: 8,908 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just curious if you opened the bag much to allow fresh air in or if you put them up and forgot about them. And how long they were in the bag?
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    id smoke em soon. id also keep them out of bags. the lack of air circulation probably contributed to this.
    yup, like 3 nights in a row,lol,, was wondering if you opened the humi pillow up, hows it look inside
  • y2pascoey2pascoe Posts: 1,727 ✭✭
    Tipping a forty for those LP9s tonight, brother. We'll see then at the crossroads.
  • slickricslickric Posts: 705
    i woud wipe it off and smoke them RIGHT AWAY!!! until they are gone, store them separately. mold spores spread like wildfire
    They were put away, in the baggie (closed) in a box and forgotten about for about two-three months. I smoked two of the five and was going to age those three... apparently not! I am so pissed that I forgot to open that baggie. Oh well lesson learned.
  • jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    I'd wipe 'em off and smoke 'em! I'd still seperate and probably in a bad too...just to keep my other cigars from being threatened.
  • HaybletHayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    Sorry this happened to you..There is a lesson to be learned here. This is what mold looks like, This is not plume. Liga can be saved, one of the Undercrowns, maybe, one I would toss, that's more than I care to risk.
    You must be losing your sight Kas, those are all #9's..
    Hayblet:
    kaspera79:
    That's true, teaches me to try and age a LP#9
  • jsnakejsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that if you can wipe them off. I have only had to do that once to one cigar and it never came back. I hate to see good cigars like that ruined. Of course play it safe. I don't think smoking mold can be too healthy for anyone.
  • pbchevopbchevo Posts: 712
    thats just plume lol!!!!!!................damn that sucks that it had to be those stick
  • jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    DSWarmack:
    Hayblet:
    kaspera79:
    That's true, teaches me to try and age a LP#9
    well, if you had one last night i see you made it,lol, myself i would take the loss and toss, there are still 9's around