Options

I work ooouuutttt

2»

Comments

• Options
    415415 Posts: 951
    docbp87:
    415:
    wish it were that easy. i tried the fast food diet. and all it did was make me feel like i was going to die.
    Yeah, unfortunately it just isn't that easy. If you want to put on weight, in the right way... it's all about protein. Really high protein diet. There are some great forums out there for body building that I'm sure have the answers.
    yeah i did that for a bit with nice results.(till i got sick last summer and lost 12 lbs in just over a week)

the high protein thing aint cheap and right now whith the gf not working its either cigars or supplements and a gym membership.
  • Options
    OchoZachoOchoZacho Posts: 1,471
    Not wanting to brag, and it's really nothing to brag about, but I benched 275lbs today for the first time ever in my life! I know plenty of guys that bench over 300lbs, but for a little guy like me at 175, I thought it was awesome - man I'm tiny. It's the little things in life.
  • Options
    big chunksbig chunks Posts: 1,607
    That's awesome man, a few months ago my brother out benched me for the first time and that's what really got me motivated to work out consistently
  • Options

I've "started" working out more times than I can count.  The problem was explained by my last girlfriend, who told me if I was any more laid back I'd be moving in reverse.  Yup, I do love to relax...

Then I had a heart attack 2.5 years ago, and something had to be done.  I tried the walking/jogging, but just couldn't get into it.  Then I bought a bicycle.  Much more fun, but had a hard time "finding time" to ride.  I decided to get radical.  I sold my truck and my motorcycles and bought another bike.  Now I bike or walk (with a little public transportation thrown in).  I've lost over 50 lbs slowly and at my last appointment with the cardiologist, he said basically I was fine.  In fact he said I was in better shape than most who have never had a heart attack and he'd check on me in a year or so. 

Guess for some lazy folks (me) all you have to do is make it impossible not to excercise, lol!

• Options
    SalemSalem Posts: 717
    I've worked out for years, either by DVD, or Norditrak, or Bowflex, or by gym. Lately though, I've done nothing and I really have to get back at it and find my will power again.
  • Options
    deejmemixxdeejmemixx Posts: 3,084 ✭✭
    finally able to get back at it after a horrible head/lung cold for a week. Ran 2 miles average 13.4 min miles and biked for 6 miles.
  • Options
    jr_p951jr_p951 Posts: 1,121
    You def have a great thing going! Hows your diet?
  • Options
    jr_p951:
    You def have a great thing going! Hows your diet?
    lol working on it, tough not eating junk when you are on the road all day for work.
  • Options
    MVW67MVW67 Posts: 5,592 ✭✭✭✭
    Took a few weeks off, again I am like deejmemxx on the road alot, this week back doing cardio all week 1-2 hrs per day, next week back to lifting...(all 3 sets of 8) left bench at 225, ez curling bar about 37.5 each side, dead lift about 225, one arm dumbell pulls about 100, and many more..Do Chest, Back, Legs, bi/tri's, Shoulders all on different days and fit in abs on some of the days also. Feels good to get back!!!!!
    Life is too short, live it like no tomorrow...
  • Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Posts: 3,493
    Finally got the ok to get back to doing some stuff. got to hit the bike and do some cardio.. It hurt like hell but feels so good afterwards.. Long road coming back but it's gonna happen.
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Direwolf:
    Finally got the ok to get back to doing some stuff. got to hit the bike and do some cardio.. It hurt like hell but feels so good afterwards.. Long road coming back but it's gonna happen.
    if you get to hot jus sit yo azse in the tide in the bay and smoke a padron for an hour, with some cold ice tea,,lmao
  • Options
    nah Ill just go over the dunes and hit in the atlantic for the nice cooling effects,
  • Options
    jj20030jj20030 Posts: 5,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    seriously good deal on working out doood!
  • Options
    Thanks dude. I was scared there for over ayear.. But gonna be ok now.
  • Options
    Direwolf:
    nah Ill just go over the dunes and hit in the atlantic for the nice cooling effects,
    I cant wait to be running along the coast!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Instead i am prepping for up to 15 @#$@#$@#$@#$ son of a @#$@#$@#$@!#$ inches of snow.