Home Ratings & Reviews

Gurkha Titan … WOW!

Best Smoke I have had … ever! Combined with a Heineken slowly sipped I smoked the Titan for just over an hour and 15 minuets. It lit well from a single match and burned and drew effortlessly and evenly for a good long while. I purchased it on Valentines Day from a shop on Hwy 70 in Havelock NC. My wife and I took the day and just headed in a different direction. Being a great gal my wife noticed the shop and suggested that I treat my self to a few high end stogies. This of course required no more coaxing on her part and I did just that and purchased a small variety of sticks that I had never tried before. All were excellent, however; the other day while warm and sunny I pulled the easy chair out and sat under Carolina blue skys. I watch the horses while sipping my brew and enjoying, well beyond my expectations, the Gurkha Titan. I don’t have the literary knack of description or gift of gab to say “it was leathery with hints of nuts and sassafras root” or such things I often read. What I can say is I just purchased a box of 15 more with a huge dent in my budget, and I’m happy about it, because it was just that good!

Comments

• j0z3rj0z3r Posts: 9,403 ✭✭
    Sounds good. I wasn't entirely impressed with the Titan, but I have two more that I'll sit on for a while and try later, maybe I'll like them more than I thought with some extra time on them.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    blazer:
    Best Smoke I have had … ever! Combined with a Heineken slowly sipped I smoked the Titan for just over an hour and 15 minuets. It lit well from a single match and burned and drew effortlessly and evenly for a good long while. I purchased it on Valentines Day from a shop on Hwy 70 in Havelock NC. My wife and I took the day and just headed in a different direction. Being a great gal my wife noticed the shop and suggested that I treat my self to a few high end stogies. This of course required no more coaxing on her part and I did just that and purchased a small variety of sticks that I had never tried before. All were excellent, however; the other day while warm and sunny I pulled the easy chair out and sat under Carolina blue skys. I watch the horses while sipping my brew and enjoying, well beyond my expectations, the Gurkha Titan. I don’t have the literary knack of description or gift of gab to say “it was leathery with hints of nuts and sassafras root” or such things I often read. What I can say is I just purchased a box of 15 more with a huge dent in my budget, and I’m happy about it, because it was just that good!

So Blazer where ya at in North Carolina?
  • blazerblazer Posts: 6
    I'm in Jacksonville.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    iduno... i havent had a titan in quite some time. since i have started to move to smaller cigars i have a feeling that i may think that this one will not have the roundness or complexity that i am looking for. i know i cant judge a cigar simply by its wrapper to filler ratio but its hard not to when you have a cigar of that magnitude...

i do have one in the humi. maybe the first day its warm enough outside ill fire it up and report back in my catalog.
  • rwheelwrightrwheelwright Posts: 3,296
    I had one back in January. Not a bad smoke but not my favorite either. With that being said, if I needed a few I would probably buy them. Not bad enough to NOT want to smoke though.
  • gmill880gmill880 Posts: 5,947
    blazer:
    I'm in Jacksonville.

I'm over in Granite Falls close to Hickory
  • Jetmech_63Jetmech_63 Posts: 3,451 ✭✭✭
    I like the titan, i usually include one of em or a beast in my bombs. Gotta have a lot of time to kill though.
  • kuzi16kuzi16 Posts: 14,633 ✭✭✭✭
    i usually set aside plenty of time for cigars. time is what i have.
  • phobicsquirrelphobicsquirrel Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭
    Jetmech_63:
    I like the titan, i usually include one of em or a beast in my bombs. Gotta have a lot of time to kill though.
    I think you sent me one of the two... =)

I like the titan as well. Thanks to urbster I have a few more now. Have you tried the titan 2? Also does your shop have any beast boxes? or could you get one? I need a BEAST BOX... eh..
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    There is a Gurkha event this friday at my B&M...I will be trying my first Gurkha there, they have been waiting patiently in my humi. I may have to pull out the Titan since y'all have peaked my interest.
    Bad Andy:
    There is a Gurkha event this friday at my B&M...I will be trying my first Gurkha there, they have been waiting patiently in my humi. I may have to pull out the Titan since y'all have peaked my interest.
    hey andy, can you see if there is any empty gurkha beast boxes there?
  • Bad AndyBad Andy Posts: 848
    yeah i can check but owners were talking about them already, a lot of people want them because they are so nice, the other half of the Gurkha company is apparently in the jewelry biz and thats where te boxes come from
    cool. I've been checking ebay. figure it's my best bet.